Buffalo Tracker (please add)

roddy said:
Hi guys,

I am getting ready to send my application for permanent resident as a skilled worker.
I am not sure where to send the fingerprints to?

Please advice.
Thanks a lot.

You can take finger prints on a card at your local police station and send that card + $18 money order to FBI @

The FBI,
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road,
Clarksburg, WV 26306

Thank you, GChelp123

GChelp123 said:
You can take finger prints on a card at your local police station and send that card + $18 money order to FBI @

The FBI,
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road,
Clarksburg, WV 26306

I just need someone to clarify this.

I've lived in three different states in the past 7 years and moved through 7 apartments (where I spent 6+monhs - you know - job transfers).

Since I will be going for fingerprinting next week, do I need to follow the FBI rule and provide the last 2 US address (when filing the fingerprinting card) or shall I go ahead and make a separate list of all US addresses?

Thanks guys, I just want to be well prepared.

I just gave the last 2 addresses for my FBI clearance and all applicable addresses for each state where I've lived for more than 6 months, if required. Hope this helps.

zad886 said:
I just gave the last 2 addresses for my FBI clearance and all applicable addresses for each state where I've lived for more than 6 months, if required. Hope this helps.

Thanks zad886,

this is indeed helpful. I have just prepared separate paper documenting all previous US addresses. (in case they need it).

however, in two instances I did stayed at the local Extended stays (for periods of a week or two before entering the apartments). How to deal with that?

Or shall I just go ahead and round the dates to my lease dates
I am trying to be as accurate as possible...

Canada Timelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by labor2002
Applied Jan 05
AOR Mar 05
Case transferred from Buffalo to local Area Consulate - Jan 06
Interview/IELTS Waived and FBI FP/Bank Statement/ROPR Fees/Medical Request - Feb 06
Requested Docs Sent May 06
Medicals Sent - May 06
Fees Sent - June 06
ROPR Fees Cashed by Consulate - July 06
Medicals Received - Status update on CIC portal - July 06
Passport Request Received - August 06
Passports Mailed to Consulate - 3rd week of Sept 06
Immigrant Visa Stamped Passports and CPR received - Second week of Oct'06

Will be landing sometime late Oct or late Nov.

Hope this helps the other members of the forum guage timelines for their individual cases.

Good luck.

hi felix! if you want to be as accurate as you can be, just state all of them, whether they be a couple of weeks in an extended stay or several months in an apartment. i would say that you should do it this way where you have to list down all of the addresses/places you've lived in since age 18 in the application.
good luck,
zad

zad886 said:
hi felix! if you want to be as accurate as you can be, just state all of them, whether they be a couple of weeks in an extended stay or several months in an apartment. i would say that you should do it this way where you have to list down all of the addresses/places you've lived in since age 18 in the application.
good luck,
zad

that's what I thought. Was not sure though how to go about listing US addresses for FBI fingerprinting. You have helped clarify this.
Thanks

Can somebody please tell me what the difference between the applications that are sent to local offices versus the ones that are not? What is the difference in the process?
I appreciate any input.
Thanks

PPR received

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I received PPR today. Took exactly 18 mths fm the time of application. Can't believe the long wait is almost over :) Here's my timeline - applied in Buffalo under SW category. Hope this helps those who are anxiously waiting........

Timeline

Appln - 18th Apr'05
AOR - 18th May '05
IELTS req - 25th May '05
IELTS done - 9th Jul '05
IELTS submitted - Aug/Sep '05
Trsfr to NY office - 8th Mar '06
IA - 24th Mar '06
Meds. done - Apr end/sent by DMP May 5 '06 (USPS tracking - delivered
in Canada on May 12th '06)
Addtl docs sent - 8th Jun '06
E CAS updated with "medical recd" - 16th Oct '06
PPR recd - 19th Oct '06 (letter dt. Oct 12th)

Will be sending our passports to the consulate soon for stamping........

NTom

NTom said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I received PPR today. Took exactly 18 mths fm the time of application. Can't believe the long wait is almost over :) Here's my timeline - applied in Buffalo under SW category. Hope this helps those who are anxiously waiting........

Timeline

Appln - 18th Apr'05
AOR - 18th May '05
IELTS req - 25th May '05
IELTS done - 9th Jul '05
IELTS submitted - Aug/Sep '05
IA - 24th Mar '06
Addtl docs sent - 8th Jun '06

Will be sending our passports to the consulate soon for stamping........

NTom

Just want to know how fast do they usually cash the checks (money order)? My application was received 4 days ago. Thanks.

e cas

Hi!

Here is my case history.

Applied: Sep 2004
Aor: Jan 2005
IELTS: Sep 2005
Medical Recieved: Jan 2006
Med. Done: March 2006
Iterview Recd. Oct 2006
Interview Date: Feb 2007

I have sent for FBI last week and hope to recieve PCC and FBI before Interview date. I still do not see my medical up dated on e cas. Please let me know if I need to do something about it. Do I need to take anything besides FBI and Police clearance for Interview?

How long does it take to get PPR from the date of interview if cleared? My medical expires in march 2007 what if i stay over march 2007 do I have to take the medical again or my visa will be cancelled?

Thanks

PPR received

Friends,

I just want to let you know that I have received passport request from Buffalo. As always this forum is of great support. See details in my signature. Good luck to everyone. Thanks

PPs received with visa

Just wanted to update that we have received our PPs with the visa stamped. We went in person to the NY consulate, so our process was slightly faster than mailing the PP's. Now onto landing........

Here's my timeline. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone :)

Appln - 18th Apr'05
AOR - 18th May '05
IELTS req - 25th May '05
IELTS done - 9th Jul '05
IELTS submitted (by lawyer)- Aug/Sep '05
IA - 24th Mar '06
Addtl docs sent by lawyer (FBI, PCC, Bank stmts) - 8th Jun '06
PP submitted in NY consulate - 9th Nov '06
PP stamped with visa collected fm NY consulate - 16th Nov '06

hi guys
I start prepare my PR in canada i have some question so you fellows may help me answering this question .
1- shoud i do the police check before i submit the application or not
2-should i do the english test before i submit the application (i have been living and working in USA forthe pst 14 years. i also studied in american university for short peroid.i had a successful immigration application to canada in 1997 but i did not stay a long time in canada)
3- is IT MUST TO WRITE the salary in work expertises letter
4-my work experience in the past 10 years had change it since first application.i beleive my new work experience could be considered a skilled worker but does not match my education.

5- do i have to arrange for college transcirpts to be send directly to immigration or what ever transcirpts copys is enough.

does is will hirt my chances .
6-in case of interview which place in USA has the least waiting time for interviews

1- shoud i do the police check before i submit the application or not
Yes, helps process move along faster
2-should i do the english test before i submit the application (i have been living and working in USA forthe pst 14 years. i also studied in american university for short peroid.i had a successful immigration application to canada in 1997 but i did not stay a long time in canada)
If mother language or birth country language is not english then take it. Again will help move things faster.
3- is IT MUST TO WRITE the salary in work expertises letter
No , where did u get this thought
4-my work experience in the past 10 years had change it since first application.i beleive my new work experience could be considered a skilled worker but does not match my education.
Till you are able to select from one of the listed nafta or whatever that is job codes, you should be OK,
5- do i have to arrange for college transcirpts to be send directly to immigration or what ever transcirpts copys is enough.
just send photocopies of whatever you have, if needed they will let you know.

6-in case of interview which place in USA has the least waiting time for interviews
Not sure but don't bother considering this, interview criteria is not openely known

Hi ray6855

please . where I can find samples for English letter proving my English skills and also letter of empolying recommendation

Sorry, I don't have but you can write up an essay about you.

I don't think it will matter, if you mother tongue is not English 99% of time you will asked for IELTS . My friend applied in March 2005 and he had 7+ years exp in US and he wrote some letter suggesting his job duties/responsibiloities etc/etc, but he was asked for IELTS in May 2006.

Better give the test it and it might help your application process faster.

ray6855 said:
Sorry, I don't have but you can write up an essay about you.

I don't think it will matter, if you mother tongue is not English 99% of time you will asked for IELTS . My friend applied in March 2005 and he had 7+ years exp in US and he wrote some letter suggesting his job duties/responsibiloities etc/etc, but he was asked for IELTS in May 2006.

Better give the test it and it might help your application process faster.

Hi

Asking for IELTs tests is completely random. My mother tongue is not english, have been here in US for 6 years. I was not asked for the tests.
I wrote a letter saying that my education has been in english (you have your school marksheets showing that), in India college education in in English, and wrote that in my line of work (IT) this is the language used and I have 10 years of experience in that. Also wrote about the type of books I like to read etc. and it was ok. But there are lots of people who were asked. Best bet is if you are not sure of your points, give the test then you don't have to worry.

If not write a letter and see, at worst they will ask you to give the test. Giving test saves time.

whats a employer recommendation? you mean employer attesting to your language proficiency?

dhm2002