Buffalo Tracker (please add)

LA Interview for Buffalo case

Hi,

After long waiting, I have my LA interview scheduled in March 3rd week. Interview officer send me the standard letter, with questions like PCC, English test/explanation letter, Bank Statement, work experience letters, Educational.....etc.

I send request letter to Indian Consulate for PCC and fingerprinting report to FBI last week and can someone please let me know how long it takes to get both of these reports?

I also need help on my interview, we have two kids, as we don't have any friends in LA, can we take them to the consulate office and let them stay outside room?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sree

Interview

Hi,
I had been to an interview in Singapore with my wife and daughter.
They have a nice big room with a tv , at one side of which are the interview rooms. Most people had their kids with them. I was called first so I could leave my daughter with my wife. Slight problem if they call both of you together.
The room has an armed guard so I guess the best thing would be to get the kids to sleep and put in a word to the guard.
Make sure to appear cheerful and confident before the visa officer.
Have your facts right and the required papers like Exp Certificates, Degrees, Paystubs etc at hand. Explain you move plans in detail. It is based on this that they award you 10 points for 'Suitability'.
The visa officer did not interview my wife though she was asked to come.
My interview lasted for around 20 minutes. They gave two tests in English which were simple but requires concentration.

Good Luck
Jaideep Asokan.

Thanks Nijil

Thank you so much for your reply.

could you please send me your comments on medical reports,
I have received the midecal forms in 2004, and in my interview letter I did not find about medical report, is it good idea to wait on the medical tests until we pass the interview or can we take the medical tests now?

Thanks again
Sree

FBI Fingerprint timeline

Friends here,

I submitted my fingerprint on December 16, 2005, have not got back result yet. Can friends here share their experiences? How long does it take nowdays to get results back from FBI?

thanks

Could help me?

jkvaisnavi said:
You have to call the doctor's office to find out when they sent it.. I didn't get confirm from the canadian consulate..

Good Luck.
[/QUOTE]

I applied at August 2004 and received the file No. at September 2004.
medical :June,2005
document send:July,2005
landing fees:Sep.,2005
But until now my "online service" still write "We started processing your application on September 28, 2004"
Is it normal?I know many applicants have received the confirmation about their medical result,such as" Medical results have been received".But until now I have not received this.
I have written a letter to ask my status and CIC replied that "Your application for permanent residence will be reviewed for finalization early 2006." I don't know how long I have to wait...

CAIPS Notes

I applied in Dec 2005 and got the AOR in Jan 2006.

Do I need to request the CAIPS notes ? Will it be useful/required ?

Please advice...

Sree_Manikanta said:

I have received the midecal forms in 2004, and in my interview letter I did not find about medical report, is it good idea to wait on the medical tests until we pass the interview or can we take the medical tests now?

Thanks again
Sree

Hi,
I received medical evaluation forms after I got a letter from my Visa Officer informing that I had cleared the interview. They send you a list of approved doctors and you can choose one that lives near to where you are. The tests are straightforward.
Routine Physical like BP,Height ,Weight, Eyesight, hearing etc and Blood,Urine,AIDS tests, a chest Xray for me and my wife.
Routine physical and a urine sample for my 7 year old daughter.
The doc will send the completed reports to the visa post which issued the medical forms. We don't get to know the contents. :)
I think it is a good idea to have your medicals done.. as you won't have to answer an uncomfortable question from the immigration officer as to why you have not done it till now and he may feel that you are not too interested to go to Canada.You know.. the suitability factor.

Nijil

I don't think you need to worry about CAIPS notes right now.
Not at this very early stage of your application.
Nijil

Sree_Manikanta said:

Thanks again
Sree

As you have already received a date for the interview it will be a good idea to go ahead and get the medical done.

Visit the following link for DMP's in USA:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/dmp/usa.html

You should call up all the DMP's near you to inquire about the charges as it varies a lot. Also ask them how they mail the results to Ottawa because it is better if the results are sent by a service that can be tracked.

Visit the following link for a list of questions that may be asked during the interview:

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q_S_K.html

I am going to appear in the interview on 7th Feb in New York so I will share my experience in this forum.

shyguycalif said:
I applied in Dec 2005 and got the AOR in Jan 2006.

Do I need to request the CAIPS notes ? Will it be useful/required ?

Please advice...

Do NOT apply for CAIPS notes at this stage. It will be completely useless.

You shouls apply for CAIPS notes only if you have been called for an interview OR after receiving the IA(Initial assessment) there has been a significant delay in your application.

Please reply... CLX-DUDE

clx-dude said:
Hi,

Finally...some good news. Looks like Buffalo started issuing passport requests for 2006. Here are my milestones...

PCC: Jun 2004
Applied: Aug 2004
AOR: Oct 2004
IA: Apr 2005
Medicals: Aug 2005
Doc Sent + Landing Fee: Aug 2005
Correspondence: Oct 2005 (Wait till early Jan 2006)
**How did you correspond*

I sent my medical,FP & everything in October 05 & they requested police clearance that was sent to them on 30th dec.
Please help.
Passport Req Received: Jan 13, 2006

I hope to get the landing papers by early Feb 2006.

Good Luck!

If it makes you feel any better, my online status says the same exact thing and my time line is almost like yours....

I applied at August 2004 and received the file No. at September 2004.
medical :June,2005
document send:July,2005
landing fees:Sep.,2005
But until now my "online service" still write "We started processing your application on September 28, 2004"
Is it normal?I know many applicants have received the confirmation about their medical result,such as" Medical results have been received".But until now I have not received this.
I have written a letter to ask my status and CIC replied that "Your application for permanent residence will be reviewed for finalization early 2006." I don't know how long I have to wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
CLX-DUDE, What did your E Client Status say once you click the In Process hyperlink before and after receiving the PPR ?

clx-dude said:
Hi,

Finally...some good news. Looks like Buffalo started issuing passport requests for 2006. Here are my milestones...

PCC: Jun 2004
Applied: Aug 2004
AOR: Oct 2004
IA: Apr 2005
Medicals: Aug 2005
Doc Sent + Landing Fee: Aug 2005
Correspondence: Oct 2005 (Wait till early Jan 2006)
Passport Req Received: Jan 13, 2006

I hope to get the landing papers by early Feb 2006.

Good Luck!

Kenny04 said:
As you have already received a date for the interview it will be a good idea to go ahead and get the medical done.

Visit the following link for DMP's in USA:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/dmp/usa.html

You should call up all the DMP's near you to inquire about the charges as it varies a lot. Also ask them how they mail the results to Ottawa because it is better if the results are sent by a service that can be tracked.

Visit the following link for a list of questions that may be asked during the interview:

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q_S_K.html

I am going to appear in the interview on 7th Feb in New York so I will share my experience in this forum.
Thanks Kenny04. Sorry I did not checked the message from last two days. Actually in my initial file transfer letter it clearly says that, do not take the medical test until the interview date is confirmed with LA office and once LA sends the interview date, you should take the medical tests and promptly submit the report at the interview time.

So we go ahead and took the medical tests yesterday.

do you know/recommend dress code for the interview?, like do we have to wear the suit? or casual dress is good enough?

I wish you good luck to your interview and please share your experience.

Thanks again
Sree

Last edited by a moderator:
Nijil said:
Hi,
I received medical evaluation forms after I got a letter from my Visa Officer informing that I had cleared the interview. They send you a list of approved doctors and you can choose one that lives near to where you are. The tests are straightforward.
Routine Physical like BP,Height ,Weight, Eyesight, hearing etc and Blood,Urine,AIDS tests, a chest Xray for me and my wife.
Routine physical and a urine sample for my 7 year old daughter.
The doc will send the completed reports to the visa post which issued the medical forms. We don't get to know the contents. :)
I think it is a good idea to have your medicals done.. as you won't have to answer an uncomfortable question from the immigration officer as to why you have not done it till now and he may feel that you are not too interested to go to Canada.You know.. the suitability factor.

Nijil

Thanks Nijil,

We go ahead and took the medical tests yesterday.

On the PCC and fingerprint reports, we have applied on Jan 17th, if we don't get them in time (by March 12th), is that affects my interview?

Thanks for your replies.

Sree_Manikanta said:
Thanks Kenny04. Sorry I did not checked the message from last two days. Actually in my initial file transfer letter it clearly says that, do not take the medical test until the interview date is confirmed with LA office and once LA sends the interview date, you should take the medical tests and promptly submit the report at the interview time.

So we go ahead and took the medical tests yesterday.

do you know/recommend dress code for the interview?, like do we have to wear the suit? or casual dress is good enough?

I wish you good luck to your interview and please share your experience.

Thanks again
Sree

You should treat your immigration interview as a job interview and dress appropriately - preferably in a suit and tie.

If you do not get the police clearance before the interview just explain your situation to the immigration officer and tell her/him that you will provide the clearance as soon as you get it.

Dress Professionally

Agree with Kenny. Make sure you are well groomed and dressed appropriately.
Also for both men, women and kids (though more applicable to women) if possible please dress up in western attire (as opposed to salwar khameez, sari etc) during the interview. Your dressing and behavior makes a big difference in "suitability points".
If both partners are called for interview, the one the question is directed to should answer the question. If question is asked to wife and husband replies, it is not considered favorably - this is more applicable to traditional conservative Muslim couples.

texancanadian said:
Agree with Kenny. Make sure you are well groomed and dressed appropriately.
Also for both men, women and kids (though more applicable to women) if possible please dress up in western attire (as opposed to salwar khameez, sari etc) during the interview. Your dressing and behavior makes a big difference in "suitability points".
If both partners are called for interview, the one the question is directed to should answer the question. If question is asked to wife and husband replies, it is not considered favorably - this is more applicable to traditional conservative Muslim couples.
Thanks a lot Kenny04 and texancanadian.