Buffalo Tracker (please add)

kothari_rupesh said:
If it makes you feel any better, my online status says the same exact thing and my time line is almost like yours....

Thanks for your reply kothari_rupesh !
Let's be patient and I think what we have to do now is still waiting .

Please let me know if your status has some changes,thanks a lot!

Expected waiting time for finalization after interview at LA

Hi guys! great forum. Can any one tell me how much wait is expected for passport request (finalization of the case) after the interview at LA. Following is my timeline:
Applied: May 2003
IA: July 2004 (Interveiw required, transfer intimation to LA along with Medicals)
Transfer to LA: Feb 2005
Interveiw: Oct 2005
Additional doc sent: Nov 2005
Medical: Dec 2005
Additional doc sent: Jan 2006

Now when and what can I expect? I will appreciate any experiences or guesses? Thank you.

I apologize if the question I will ask has been answered already in this forum. I am in the early stage of getting my application sent to Buffalo but just today I sent the fingerprint request to the FBI, which may take at least a couple of months...

1. Do you recommend to get the FBI background check results BEFORE submitting my completed application to Buffalo? Or is this something that can be sent anytime? Any insight is appreciated...This is our most immediate concern, because we don't want to delay the process any further.

2. Also, the CIC website mentions that they may require police checks from the states the applicants have lived. Well, I have lived in 6 different states in the past 9 years in the US, all the addresses have been well documented, do you think I need to get a police background/clearance from each and every state??? If so, how do I go about getting it? Or should I just wait for the Consulate to request this? Again, I'm trying to avoid delays...

Thanks so much for any insight on both questions!!

FBI Fingerprint check

Friends here:

It's been six weeks since I mailed out our (my wife and I) fingerprints cards to FBI CJIS division, so far got back nothing. Now I realized that both couple need to sign the cover letter, but I signed only my name, my wife did not sign. Is there a problem here? Hope you can share your experience.

Also is it possible to call FBI to check the progress? Anyone knows their phone number?

thanks

Fingerprints and application

Hi Richsi,

Did you send the application already before obtaining the FBI fingerprints? Or are you waiting for the results before submitting?

Thanks!

acgv

Get the FBI check only when they request it so that it doesnt expire by the time the office gets to your case

You shouldnt need checks from every state, just get the FBI done, maybe the police clearance from the current state(optional) and as an example if you are frm India get the PCC

Thanks for your reply srini88!

That's what I thought of initially when I was going thru the application. However, since the FBI takes about 2 months to process the fingerprints, would there be enough time to satisfy the request by the Canadian Consulate? In other words, does the Consulate request the fingerprints background check with a time deadline in mind?... I've noticed the FBI fingerprint card has a field that says "Date required"...

Thanks so much for your feedback!

acgv

It used to take a month when I was doing it, either way I have heard from other users that you can say deadline for immigration and they do it faster. I saw this on another forum. Usually they give you a couple of months to get the police and medicals done so you shouldnt have issues. Basically its up to you how you want to do it you can do it now but just be prepared to re do it if it expires if you want to play it safe. If you dont care about the costs and the effort then you can do it twice.

If its taking time from the FBI you can always mail the consulate letting them know why its getting delayed.

richshi said:
Friends here:

It's been six weeks since I mailed out our (my wife and I) fingerprints cards to FBI CJIS division, so far got back nothing. Now I realized that both couple need to sign the cover letter, but I signed only my name, my wife did not sign. Is there a problem here? Hope you can share your experience.

Also is it possible to call FBI to check the progress? Anyone knows their phone number?

thanks

I got mine back after 10 weeks (Submitted on 11/7/05 and got them on 1/27/06). So sit tight...

Expected waiting time for finalization after interview at LA

Hi guys! great forum. Can any one tell me how much wait is expected for passport request (finalization of the case) after the interview at LA. Following is my timeline:
Applied: May 2003
IA: July 2004 (Interveiw required, transfer intimation to LA along with Medicals)
Transfer to LA: Feb 2005
Interveiw: Oct 2005
Additional doc sent: Nov 2005
Medical: Dec 2005
Additional doc sent: Jan 2006

Online status still says interveiw scheduled in Oct.

Now when and what can I expect? I will appreciate any experiences or guesses? Thank you.

FBI fingerprinting

It takes only 15 to 20 days for finger printing if you send your self addressed Fedex envelop with application. FBI is extremly prompt in replying and making sure that your results are back to you in 15 days. Please email your request at: do1@leo.gov. if your application is delayed.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks billofempire! The FedEx prepaid envelope is really a great tip!...

I have a follow-up question, I was putting all the documents together ready to go early Monday and FedEx the whole application and going thoroughly over the whole package, I just realized the Consulate requires "notarized employment contracts from present and prior employers". The only thing I was able to gather were work letters from my prior employers, but do they need to be notarized?? They might as well call the HR person to confirm if the employee really worked there...How important is this from your experience?

Also, what about my present employer? I just switched jobs (less than 2 months ago), and I also have an offer letter. Could I send the offer letter (as were my original intentions) notarized? Wouldn't it suffice just to show proof of current employment?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Interview required and medical forms

living in LA and interview required in Buffalo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!
Our law firm just recieved the letter that me and mt husband needs to appear in an interview in Consulate General In Buffalo.We live in Los angeles and in our application we wrote Los angeles as for the interview place.The question is can we request them to change the destination?
The other thing is that they have also sent the medical forms...shall we go for the medical or wait till interview?
Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Applied Sept 2004
AOR Jan 2005
IELTS required Oct 2005
IELTS result sent Jan 2006
Medical forms and letter for the interview Jan 20.

Dear Friends,

I have my passport finally stamped along with the COPR. Here are some rough highlights of the journey:

Mailed the application in September 2004.
Received the acknowledgement in December 2004.
IA received in June 2005. With the IA were medical papers and a request that I take the IELTS test even though I thought I had written to them a very nice and elegant letter to prove proficiency in the English language. I had also graduated from an American university. IA also mentioned that I may pay the RPRF. Also requested was to get the FBI fingerprinting done, and also to get a Certificate of Good Conduct from Bahrain where I had lived before. I was given 90 days to complete all this.
Completed medical examination in July 2006.
Took the IELTS exam in August 2005, received 8.5 bands on average out of total 9.
Sent the FBI fingerprints, the Bahraini Certificate and a copy of the IELTS result in late August 2005. Also instructed the IELTS center to send an official copy to Buffalo.
Received request for passport stamping in Jan 2006.
Mailed the passport with photographs.
Received the passport back after 10 business days.

I am hoping to land sometime in March, maybe the snow around there will melt a bit.

Here is my dilemma now. I am on a H visa with an expired stamp that says Cancelled Without Prejudice on an expired passport. The H visa expires later this year, but my company has applied for the 7th year extension. My new passport does not contain anything except for the Canadian visa stamp that will be used for landing. I also come from one of the countries whose natives require Special Registration upon entry to or exit from the United States. The question is: Is it safe to go for landing and try to come back through AVR? For the time being, I have no desire to travel anywhere else and thus do not want to be caught in the background checking that I hear is taking upto 3 months or so when going for visa revalidation at any US consulate or embassy in Canada.

If anyone can provide any suggestions or throw light on this question, I would appreciate it. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Stoned!

Interview

Never make mistake of Interview in Los Angeles. You are going to go back atleast eight to ten months behind. I am gone throgh this situation of changing place of interview.

Thanks Billofempire for your reply.I have gone through the forum today and for some people Buffalo have transfered the file themseleves but it takes like 6 to 8 month to get transferred.We can do nothing but wait RIGHT? and what do you think shall we wait for the interview date before getting the medical done because my husband has already taken the date for the medical on the 8th of feb?Your help would be really appreciated.
thanks again
hannah

Medical

It depends if I was in your position I will wait because that gives you opportunity to see what happens in interview and that gives you more time to stay in US after the passport is stamped. Incase something goes wrong you loose your money and time.

90 day deadline for FBI clearance documents approaching

Friends here:

The 90 day deadline is approaching for me to main to Buffalo the FBI clearance, but from what I heard a couple of days ago on the phone with FBI, they are working on mid-November submiited fingerprints card... ours were sent in late December. It seems we may miss the deadline.

Any advice? thanks

P.S. I regret not having done the FP before we received IA notice.