Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Buffalo IA Anyone?

Just wondering if any Nov 04 application people got IA responses. I got my AOR back in Mar 05. And I have not heard anything back since then.

Not much info on Yogi site eiter.

same situation here, Nov 2004 application

I sent my application in Nov 2004, received the AOR in March 2005, have not heard anything since then. But I think we are very close, form YOGI site, you can see quite some October 2004 cases got IA in Oct or Nov 2005, I think I am very close to receiving the IA...

Will post here as soon as I receive the IA.

Hello everyone,

I landed in Canada got my SIN and PR cards couple of days back. Landing process was smooth. It took about 3 weeks for me to get the cards. I haven't started any job search in my field yet. But I plan to do some small job here till I go back to India in December. I have somethings to wind up there. I was thinking of coming to US on L1 visa, work for about a year, make some money before I settle in Canada for good. I have a couple of questions tho....

1. Will there be any problem(s) getting my L1 visa approved and stamped from India. Or are there any clauses that say now that I have become a PR in Canada, I will have to get all US visa procedures done from Canada only and no where else?
2. If I get my US visa from India and start working in US, do I have to pay any taxes for the same in Canada.
3. If I take up some odd job in canada for about a month, I would become a tax payer automatically right. Would this bind me in anyway with the tax system in Canada or any other unforeseen itigations.

Any inputs from you would be of great help.........

1. Will there be any problem(s) getting my L1 visa approved and stamped from India. Or are there any clauses that say now that I have become a PR in Canada, I will have to get all US visa procedures done from Canada only and no where else?

No you will not have any problem as you are still a citizen of India.

2. If I get my US visa from India and start working in US, do I have to pay any taxes for the same in Canada.

All Permenant residents of Canada are supposed to pay tax on their world wide income. It means that any income you have both in and outside canada is taxable by canadian government. Many countries have tax treaties to avoid double taxation. But you still have to file tax returns in Canada along with details of the tax you paid in the country that has a tax treaty with Canada seeking exemption from paying tax in canada (assuming the country you live in has a tax treaty with canada)

3. If I take up some odd job in canada for about a month, I would become a tax payer automatically right. Would this bind me in anyway with the tax system in Canada or any other unforeseen itigations.

See above.

Can any one share experience in getting back the right of landing fee?

How much hard/easy to get back the money from the buffallo RPC if we decide not to land after getting the visa?

zakiahmed said:
Forgive me for being ignorant. I am planning to apply PR in canada. My question is, do I need to have PCC from Pakistan before sending out my application. And do I need to give IELTS if I've done MBA from US? And the fact that I scored 82 points on my selft assessment, so even if they give me zero on my English, I still score 66. So does that mean, I don't need to give IELTS? And if they reject my application for being incomplete, do I have to give application fees again to restart the process? Thanks in advance for answering these questions.
Mail your forms and then get PCC later.
IELTS is not important-don't waste your money.
Write a letter of support to clarify why you think your English is good enough.
Later they may ask you to take the test or give you an interview. so it is upto you to decide how good you can support your language skills. I got my case approved without interview and without IELTS.

billofempire said:
I have an interview in December 2005 and I have lost the original marriage certificate please suggest what is the best alternative now.
I have original birth certificates of my children showing my name as father. If my parents and my wife's parents give affidavit of marriage will it work, please suggest if anybody else is gone through this kind of situation as it is not possible for me to obtain duplicate from India because the department of marriage did not find 18 years records.
Please advise ASAP.
Thanks
Get 2 affidavits from two different people about your marriage.
Affidavit should indicate-names, ID numbers, date of births, residence, maybe parents names and date of marriage.

Processing Time in Buffalo for Quebec Applicants with CSQ

Hello Everyone,

Applicants from province of Quebec with CSQ (Certificate of Selection of Quebec) have to apply to the Buffalo Consulate for PR visas. According to processing times posted on CIC's website, Buffalo consulate takes 6-9 months for issuing PR visas, which includes medical exam and security check.

I applied from Montreal as a Skilled Worker. My timeline is:

Applied for CSQ: Nov 4, 2004
Got CSQ after interview: May 9, 2005 (and sent PR application to Buffalo)
PR application file opened in Buffalo: May 25, 2005
Medical Exam: July 20, 2005
Passport Request for PR Visa stamping: Awaited

Folks if you have applied to the Buffalo Consulate for permanent residency after getting a CSQ, please share your timeline. We will all be very grateful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
validity of FBI Finger Printing Report

Does any one know how long the FBI Finger Printing Report is valid for CIC, Buffalo. I applied in Oct 2004 and got AOR in Feb 2005. Looking at yago799.com site back in March, I thought I would get my IA sometimes in June/July 2005. So I went ahead for FBI finger printing report, thinking that I would send the report as soon as I get my IA and I got the FBI report in June 2005.
Finally I got IA couple of days back with a request to send FBI and PCC report within 90 days. Can I send the FBI report that I got from June 2005 or I have to get a fresh new one? Getting a new FBI report takes almost 12 weeks these days. I just don't want to delay my processing if I don't have to.
Any idea?
Thnaks in advance.

I believe FBI Report (or PCC from any other country) is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. If your FBI is stamped in the back with a date in June, and considering Nov is almost over, it might work, however, what I would do if I were in your position is send what I have currently and apply for a new one as well (I mean, apart from spending an additional $18 + 12 weeks is all it costs). But, if at all they request a more recent one, then you would be having it.

indgc123 said:
Does anyone know when will we receive the passport request after sending the landing fee?

thanks
ind
Hello indgc123,
I have sent the landing fees on Oct 31st. Still don't have anything back from them.

I have done my medicals and sent the landing feel as well in March 2005. I have not heard any thing back from them on my passport request. How can I contact the Buffallo office?

Hello Gurus

I applied for Canada Immigration on November 24, 2003. After six months they sent me medical papers and interview neede at NY. In month of September 2004 I got married and added my wife to present application. In January 01,2005 I and my wife completed medicals. After that I did not hear anything from these guys. I saw some of the guys who applied in 2004 got PR and landing papers.

1. Do you guys think any problem with my case?

2. My application reached in November 24, 2003 to Buffalo office. Case like me who needs to attend interview has to wait some more days?

3. My online status says "In Progress" , What does it mean? Thi staus did not change for past two years.

4. Do I need to take any steps in order to get exact status on my case?

My six years stay in US is going to complete in January11 2006. I am worried about my immigration in US and Canada. Forget about US (it is impossible now because of retrogression) atleast I want to concentrate on canadian one. But waiting is killing me, Please advice me what steps should I need to take? I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Gc Pain said:
I applied for Canada Immigration on November 24, 2003. After six months they sent me medical papers and interview neede at NY. In month of September 2004 I got married and added my wife to present application. In January 01,2005 I and my wife completed medicals. After that I did not hear anything from these guys. I saw some of the guys who applied in 2004 got PR and landing papers.

1. Do you guys think any problem with my case?

2. My application reached in November 24, 2003 to Buffalo office. Case like me who needs to attend interview has to wait some more days?

3. My online status says "In Progress" , What does it mean? Thi staus did not change for past two years.

4. Do I need to take any steps in order to get exact status on my case?

My six years stay in US is going to complete in January11 2006. I am worried about my immigration in US and Canada. Forget about US (it is impossible now because of retrogression) atleast I want to concentrate on canadian one. But waiting is killing me, Please advice me what steps should I need to take? I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Hi GC Pain,

I sent my application on 15th Dec, 2003. My e-Client status says:

"We started processing your application on January 19, 2004.

Interview scheduled for February 07, 2006"

My file was transfered from Buffalo to New York City on 21st July, 2005.

I received a letter informing me about my interview on 9th Nov, 2005.

May I ask why you got your medical done in Jan 2005?
Did you receive a letter regarding your file transfer to New York?

Best option is to write a letter (or fax) to Buffalo and New York to inquire about the status of your file.

You should also order your CAIPS notes immediately. Visit www.caipsnotes.com for details. It will cost you US$30 and takes approx 40-45 days. You may come to know why there has been a delay in your application.

abcd123_123_3 said:
I have done my medicals and sent the landing feel as well in March 2005. I have not heard any thing back from them on my passport request. How can I contact the Buffallo office?

It seems the process of passport request stopped. I have the same experience. My guess is they're all working on something else. There's a tracker:

http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/buffalo/indexsorted.asp?sortby=app desc

sort by date, you will see the difference: process of IA moving well, passport almost none.

Cheers

icepig said:
It seems the process of passport request stopped. I have the same experience. My guess is they're all working on something else. There's a tracker:

http://www.yogi799.com/timeline/buffalo/indexsorted.asp?sortby=app desc

sort by date, you will see the difference: process of IA moving well, passport almost none.

Cheers
It seems buffalo 05 quata has finished. I send a mail to buffalo office last month with my case detail and got the reply in a week as follows:

Your application for permanent residence will be reviewed for finalization early 2006.

Votre demande de résidence permanente sera examinée pour une décision finale au début de 2006.
e-mail sent to: buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
I seen on other group site says there is a hudge delay in buffalo.

I am on same boat as u and got my medical done in August 05.

Send an e-mail and update here if u get the response.

/a

Based on my timelie, if someone tells when will I get passport request?

Applied: Sep 2004
AOR: Dec 2004
IA: Jun 2005
Add doc sent: Aug 2005 (except IELTS score, requested extn till Nov 05)
Medical Done: Aug 2005
Add Med done: Oct 2005 (Requested for a missed Medical test)
IELTS score: Oct 2005 (Sent by Test center)
Landing fee request: Nov 2005
Landing fee sent on: Nov 25. 2005.