Buffalo Tracker (please add)

I am in US and going to be in India for a month. Can I get my medicals done in India? It will save me time and will be cheaper.

Thanks
------------
Applied- 02/02/2004
IA - October 26

received the interview date

Hi

I had applied in dec2001 , got file number in jan 2002, received a letter a few days ago, that my file is transferred to LA. Today i have received the interview date.

Please let me know what to take to the interview, what is the format, and how to answer their qns.

Thanks
G_m111

g_m111 said:
Hi

I had applied in dec2001 , got file number in jan 2002, received a letter a few days ago, that my file is transferred to LA. Today i have received the interview date.

Please let me know what to take to the interview, what is the format, and how to answer their qns.

Thanks
G_m111

When have you been called for an interview? Can you please let us know your exact timeline. During the interview you will be asked to verify the information you have provided in your application especially about your work experience. Take all the original documents with you.

Do you have your CAIPS notes? If not you should order CAIPS notes. Please remember it takes almost 4-6 weeks to get the notes. If you dont have time to order the notes its Ok. The notes can give you a good idea why you have been called for an interview. Visit www.caipsnotes.com to get more info.

US2Canada said:
I am in US and going to be in India for a month. Can I get my medicals done in India? It will save me time and will be cheaper.

Thanks
------------
Applied- 02/02/2004
IA - October 26

You can get your medicals done from any DMP approved by CIC - location does not matter.

kingosu said:
Iz: I got a tracking number from the doctor and tracked it on usps website. It showed that the package was delivered at the destination and signed for on July, 19th.

Ashrock11: PCC through Indian Embassy is as good as getting it from India. I got it through CGI-Houston and it was accepted. If you can get it through someone from India, I would go for it since getting it through CGI in US is time consuming and you will have to mail ur passport to them so they can annotate before releasing the PCC. Medicals only cost me $250 including mailing charges. Not sure why they are charging $460, is this for the whole family or per person. I live in Texas and they charge $250 per person here...

Hope this helps.

Thanks..

I just called another Doctor and he asked me $322/- and it is just for me. I am in Philadelphia. What would be the nearest CGI to get the PCC?

skriyaz said:
Now I am living in Texas, Can you please suggest me, How can I get PCC for/from Saudi Arabia? :confused:
I do not understand how can Indian consulate issue a PCC for Saudi Arabia? Please keep us posted. It is nice we can all just ask our respective consulate (especially if you know someone which I do) to issue us PCC for any country we lived in :) I think you should make sure if it will accepted if you get PCC for Saudi Arabia from Indian consulate.. Good luck

g_m111 said:
Hi

Thanks
G_m111
did you try to delay your process on purpose or was there a technical problem. It seems like your case took awfully long time than others...

Ktym, Here are my details.

Ktym said:
Skriyaz,

You must be trying to make fun of me. Why do you need a PCC from Saudi Arabia, Did you live there in the last 10 years, if so give me more details and I will give you the directions to obtain PCC.

As I had noted earlier the various Embassies and Consulates I had to contact, to finally get somebody to respond positively. It was not a joke.

I live in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia from Feb, 1998 to Apr 2000 and what other details you need from me?

ashrock11 said:
Thanks..

I just called another Doctor and he asked me $322/- and it is just for me. I am in Philadelphia. What would be the nearest CGI to get the PCC?
Try this doctor in Philadelphia -
Philadelphia Emil P. Sfedu 716 North 24th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19130 (215) 235-3000

I called and checked the charges are $274/person + $48 mailing fee

Johar Ali said:
I do not understand how can Indian consulate issue a PCC for Saudi Arabia? Please keep us posted. It is nice we can all just ask our respective consulate (especially if you know someone which I do) to issue us PCC for any country we lived in :) I think you should make sure if it will accepted if you get PCC for Saudi Arabia from Indian consulate.. Good luck
Johar Ali,

You are right, we don't know if the PCC for Saudi Arabia issued by the Indian Embassy will be accepted, but then again it is issued by an Embassy. When an Embassy issues a PCC it gets in touch with its couterpart (i.e Indian Embassy at Saudi Arabia) who makes the necessary inquiries and then advises the Embassy in Chicago if it is ok to issue the PCC. The Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia will not serve you directly. I did approach them, it was they who told me to contact the Chicago Embassy.

The Embassies have the authority to issue PCC.

I am relatively new to this CA forum and am planning to apply for CA GC down the line (my US gc is going nowhere).
- Where can I get the PCC in India? I thought I will as well get it as I am visiting India soon. Does it have to be in a particular format (stamp paper etc)?

- Are the medicals for US GC and CA GC different?

- I have read many people saying that they are applying as a back to their US gc. In what ways would do you expect it to help you? If there has been a discussion on this topic before, kindly point me to that. I am trying to make myself more aware on the possibilities.

thanks in advance.

US2Canada said:
Try this doctor in Philadelphia -
Philadelphia Emil P. Sfedu 716 North 24th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19130 (215) 235-3000

I called and checked the charges are $274/person + $48 mailing fee

Thanks US2Canada...

I called the same Doctor. She said 322 all inclusive. I called the one in Edison, NJ and they said 280/-

What all should I get done in Medical?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time permitted before landing

Hi,

I have mailed my final set of documents to CIC in Buffalo 2 days back. So hoping to get a passport request soon. I'm just curious as to how long does it take to receive a request? Also do anyone of you know how much time would I have t land in canada after the passport request?

Thanks a ton

Landing Fee Request

My canadian immigration lawyer send me an email regarding a fax request from CIC for the landing fee.
Can someone please tell me if that mean my case is approved ?

Thanks
JA2004

My timeline:-
=============
Applied: July 2003
AOR: August 2003
IA: April 2004
medicals: july 2004
Remaining documents, PCCs: Last week of July 2004

It took me 6 months to get pp request from the date of medical.

Medical : June 04
All papers including pcc - aug04
PP request - 1st Nov 04

ohiostud said:
Hi,

I have mailed my final set of documents to CIC in Buffalo 2 days back. So hoping to get a passport request soon. I'm just curious as to how long does it take to receive a request? Also do anyone of you know how much time would I have t land in canada after the passport request?

Thanks a ton

You should have sent your landing fee with the remaining documents.
They had asked for that with my remaining documents.

ja2004 said:
My canadian immigration lawyer send me an email regarding a fax request from CIC for the landing fee.
Can someone please tell me if that mean my case is approved ?

Thanks
JA2004

My timeline:-
=============
Applied: July 2003
AOR: August 2003
IA: April 2004
medicals: july 2004
Remaining documents, PCCs: Last week of July 2004

radosavd1

Excellent idea to go for IELTS. It definitely helps the case per my experience. A good thing is to not delay your application by waiting for the IELTS results. You can submit your application and then give the exam - that way you get your process started.

On your other questions.
1) In your covering letter be honest and let them know you are including old experience letters and that the companies do not exist any more. If you have an old W2 from that time or old pay stubs include that also.

2) No need for Canadian evaluation. I think the US evaluation may help. Didnt face the scenario as I have US degrees.

3)Yes, please do fingerprint and medical later. It is a waste of time and money to submit now because they are both only valid for 1 yr and Consulate will ask you to get both done again anyway.

4)Application fee in US dollars is fine. Doesnt matter if it is one money order/Cashiers checlk or 2. For latest rates refer to Buffalo consulate website under the fees section.

5) Bank letter is fine but it is better than that to provide bank statements for last 3-4 months, that way they know you have track record and that you have not borrowed someone else's money only for a few days to show a high balance.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Canadian PR - PLEASE ADVICE

Hi experts,

I urgently need advice on my Candian PR case.

My wife and I applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2004. Last week, our attorney informed us that interview waiver has been granted and we need to go for medicals. They are asking us for $700 (as per our agreement) and then they will forward medicals instructions to us.

Now, we were also simultaneous applicants for US GC. Yesterday, after 2 years of waiting, my wife's I-485 (primary EB applicant) was approved. My (derivative) I-485 is still pending, I am hoping it will be approved soon. Both of us hold jobs in California.

DO YOU FOLKS THINK IN LIGHT OF GETTING US GC APPROVED, IS IT STILL WORTH SPENDING MONEY AND PURSUING CANADIAN PR?

Thank you very much for your responses!

radosavd1 said:
Dear all,

I scanned through earlier postings trying to gather as much info as possible about Canada PR process.

My 6th yr on H1 ends in mid March 2006 - I plan to apply for Canada PR by the end of Dec 2004 and no later than mid January 2005. Hope this timeline is still acceptible and Buffalo will accept and process my application?

Plan to go for IELTS test and submit as much docs as I can.

1. Question: Two previous H1 sponsors does not exist anymore. At the time I gathered employment latters from them but at this point I am concerned with Canada PR and how will that affect my application.

2. Question: Do I need to submit diploma evaluation? Both me and my wife have bachelor degrees from our home country evaluated as US Bachelor equivalent or higher. Can we submit US evaluations, or I have to get Canadian evaluations?

3. Question: Can I submit fingerprinting checks with medical later in the process?

4. Question: Should initial application fees be paid in US or Canadian dollars?

5. Question: Can I submit bank letter stating amount of available moneys in US dollars?

Thank you all so much in clearing this few questions for me....

Good luck everyone

I believe Texancanadian has answered your questions accurately. But just wanted to add that Buffalo has very recently changed there requirement regarding FBI clearance. Now you are required to submit clearance alongwith the application. Check the following link for additional details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Buffalo sends medical forms to applicants after the initial assessment is done (i.e. approx. 9-12 months after sending the application to Buffalo). So you cant get medicals done now.

texancanadian, kenny04

Guys - texancanadian, kenny04,

Thanks so much for detailed responses....

I already checked with Buffalo regarding fees etc .... it still remains the same - police clearance and fingerprinting & medicals should be done after they mail instructions to do so.

I just hope that in the next 15 months I can get as close as I can to PR.

God bless :)