Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Folks,

Applied in May 2004.
AOR received may 11,2004

Awaiting further responses. Anybody in the same boat as me?

Rags

My timeline

gc212 said:
Congrates for getting Visa Request. Can you post your timeline for you application.

Thanks.

Applied 10/2001
AOR 12/2001
Interview Waived 11/2002
Additional Doc: 1/2003
Med: 5/2003
Interview required 6/2004 Interview @ Buffalo 8/2004
PP Req: 9/2004

Baby born after PR visa is issued

Just some useful information for people who get PR visa before baby is born and spouse can not travel to Canada to deliver baby

If baby is born before you land in Canada as PR then the visas will become invalid and the applicant will have to re-apply.

If you try to land after baby is born without disclosing the fact then it will be fraudulent landing and you will be deported after filing application to sponsor your baby. More - even if by some highly unlikely court decision you are allowed to remain in Canada then you will never be able to sponsor your baby.

You are making the most stupid mistake many already made and now pay the price. Land now or lose everything. There is no other option.

You should not submit passports when you know that you are expecting a baby.

The proper course of action after receipt of passport request (and knowing that you won't be able to land before baby is born) should be to immediately notify visa post about the fact and ask them to put your file on hold until after baby is born and added to your file.

But now, once visas are already issued you must land before baby is born or you will have to start process all over again.Land now or your visas are history.

Fact that baby will be born in US (if you decide not to land before she or he is born) is completely irrelevant. Americans need immigration visas too if they want to live in Canada.

Posted by Andrew Miller - BritishExpats.com

Last edited by a moderator:
tx2ca ,timeline

few question regarding your timeline:
did u have to retake the medical?
did they tell you in the interview why it took so long to process the application!
did u get your CAIPS notes? if yes, what did it say and waht was the bring forward date?
thanks in advance

Nikkia,

Thanks for the link, it was informative. Well, since Apr/May'04 are still waiting for their PPs to be stamped, atleast for now I don't have to eagerly check my mail daily in anticipation of a reply from CIC... :p

-Josh.

Need infromation - new to this forum

Thanks in advance to anyone helping me with this info that i need regarding canada immigration.

1) All the documents that i need to send , i mean anything that is a copy of the original document . It has be certified/notarized? (except for work experience letter , fund info from bank , FBI and police verification , medical)

2) To show education proof , is copy of my degree certificate enough ? Or do i need to send copies of mark sheet and also 10th and 12th standard certificates and marks. I have done 4 yrs Engg.

3) Can i do the Police verification at a later time after i submit my application and i have my file number ?

Thnaks to all for helping me out ...

Guys,

I plan to land at year end and ome bak to US a few days later. But I dont know anyone in Canada. I believe I will need an address at the port of entry. What can I do?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thansk.

tx2ca,

I am glad you are done with your processing after a long haul. Can you please reply to the questions of ma72 and the reason why they asked you for an interview after waiving it off in the beginning.

My timeline is same as yours, i am still waiting to hear from them.

Background check

Jalma said:
tx2ca,

I am glad you are done with your processing after a long haul. Can you please reply to the questions of ma72 and the reason why they asked you for an interview after waiving it off in the beginning.

My timeline is same as yours, i am still waiting to hear from them.

Jalma, Ma72

It is the background check that takes long time... The interview was referred
as "random" -- in other words, lucky you -:)
However, do not worry. The good luck will eventually come for all

What is their current processing?

What is their current processing time in Buffalo? I got receipt date March 15,2004. When can I expect a response?

Any October Passport request

I send my additional document plus landing fee on August. Medical done June.
Waiting for the Passport request.
Any one received recent passport request, please update.
Thanks.
-Loton

Passport request seems to be stuck-FBI clearance slow

Well, my doctor presumably had sent my medicals in August but the status on the website still says in process. I am still waiting on FBI clearance since August 18, 2004. Not sure what to do, any advise. It also seems like there has not been very many passport requests from buffalo either. It also seems like passport request is pretty random, some people getting it over night while others turn skeletons in the process. By the way, I have no complaints since I filed mine in December 2003.
Good luck to everyone.

It takes 8 to 10 weeks to get the FBI Clearence these days. You will get yours most probebly by October 20th.

I'm in Same boat. Sent the finger prints on Auguat'25th. Haven't received them back yet.

Loton said:
It takes 8 to 10 weeks to get the FBI Clearence these days. You will get yours most probebly by October 20th.

will job offer expedite the process?

thank ohiostud and Loton. What is going on with the passport requests these days? Does it go with the medical dates or all documents sent date? yogi799.com shows it is pretty much a random process. Anyone, any comments.
One last question for today. I have a job offer, will it help to mail the offer letter with the additional documents in expediting the process?

ssg10 said:
What is their current processing time in Buffalo? I got receipt date March 15,2004. When can I expect a response?

My receipt date is February 2004, still haven't received any response. I think they are currently processing December 2003/January 2004 applications now. Anybody has any other information?