Buffalo Tracker (please add)

help passport request

Hi, Guy

After a very long waiting, I finally got the passport requests for Buffalo.
They give me 30 days to mail the passport. However, one of my family
member's passport will be expired in 6 months. It will take quite some time
to extent it. Can we use the passport for immigration visa stamp and
extend it later??

Thanks.

tx2ca said:
Hi, Guy

After a very long waiting, I finally got the passport requests for Buffalo.
They give me 30 days to mail the passport. However, one of my family
member's passport will be expired in 6 months. It will take quite some time
to extent it. Can we use the passport for immigration visa stamp and
extend it later??

Thanks.

Hi,

I read this somewhere that the validity of the PR visa in cases like yours would be till the passport is valid.

So for example if you did your medicals in July 2004 you should get time till July 2005 to land in Canada. But as one of your family member's passport is expiring in say March 2005 you will get time till March 2005 to land in Canada. So if you plan to land in the next six months or so you should be fine.

I am not sure how accurate this information is so please varify this from a professional.

Passport

Kenny04 said:
Hi,

I read this somewhere that the validity of the PR visa in cases like yours would be till the passport is valid.

So for example if you did your medicals in July 2004 you should get time till July 2005 to land in Canada. But as one of your family member's passport is expiring in say March 2005 you will get time till March 2005 to land in Canada. So if you plan to land in the next six months or so you should be fine.

I am not sure how accurate this information is so please varify this from a professional.

Thanks Kenny.... Do you know where can I confirm this? (I will land by the
end of the year...)

BTW, I have the following two questions:
1) my kids are born in US and they hold US passports we are hold a different country...., is it ok?
2) I plan to use Fedex sending the passports and photos. The return env. using USPS express mail. Is it possible?

Thanks...

Any feedbacks are welcome...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi tx2ca

Congrates for getting Visa Request. Can you post your timeline for you application.

Thanks.

Got Visa!!!!

Received my PR visa on Friday.

Here is my timeline:

Application receieved 3/10/04
AOR 4/1/04
IA/interview waiver 4/13/04
Medicals performed 5/4/04
FBI cert rec'd 6/23/04
PP request mailed 9/7/04
PP rec'd Buffalo 9/17/04
PP rec'd by me 10/1/04

The reason I have such a short time between AOR and IA is because I was born in Canada but lost my citizenship as a child. They have pledged to make these cases top priority. The rest of the timeline should be fairly typical.

BTW, only today did my e-client show "decision made"

I am so happy!!! :)

Although i read this forum a lot, it never let me post. I reregistered, now it is ok.

Check Application Status

How can i check the status of my application??

Applied in July 2003
Rec'd Interview Waiver in May 04
Medicals in June 04
FBI cert and other papers on 5th Aug 04

When should i be expecting pp request?? How do i check the status on the web??

Best of luck to all

Got Initial Assessment

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.
IA: 2nd October - 2004 - Interview Waived.

Here is the documents they requested:
1. Current employment letter & pay stubs.
2. Latest bank statements.
3. Current Immigration status. ( H1 Copies)
3. Indian PCC for my Wife. ( I did submitted my PCC with initial application which i got from India. I got the PCC from local passport office there.)
4. Requested 4 photographs of my Daughter. ( I submitted the photographs when i added her to my application after her birth ( March -2004). she is 8 month old now this is the reason?) Also indicated that i will get Medical forms once i sent this photos. posted the photographs today.)
-Katnev

RonaDhona said:
How can i check the status of my application??

Applied in July 2003
Rec'd Interview Waiver in May 04
Medicals in June 04
FBI cert and other papers on 5th Aug 04

When should i be expecting pp request?? How do i check the status on the web??

Best of luck to all

It depends to a certain degree on your nationality and how many places you have lived (security check). Also depends on the Visa post.

you can check on the status of your application through e-client (CIC website) but it is not very reliable. It sounds like your application is doing just fine.

katnev, this is very strange to ask for recent pictures. I guess by the time they ask for your passport it will be time for new pics. The kids keep growing and we need to keep sending new pictures. By the way they did not ask me for the same. I am not sure why they did that to you. However, they did return my form last year when I sent it wihtout prrof of legal status in the USA. I think it is all on case by case status. STILL WAITING ON THE FBI SINCE the IA (Aug 09, 2004). I submitted FBI clearance with my application but was asked for updated one's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracking current dates

Can someone please point me to a place where I can track what date cases are currently being worked on. :confused:

TIA.

Aor ?

RUNAWAY73, have you got your AOR yet ? I haven't ? why do things slow down as soon as I get in the process ? same happened with my labor certification too ?

runaway73 said:
Buffalo is actually behind on their AOR. Many people in July still didn't receive their AOR. I guess because the reduction of the pass mark many people started applying increasing the load that they can handle Be patient, it will come pretty soon

waiting for passport requst

Did Med Exam on Aug/06/2004
submitted addintional documents in Aug/02/2004

waiting for passport request ............

is there anyone did their med exam in august?

Waiting for PP request

Applied: Oct 23rd, 2003
AOR: Oct 28th, 2003
IA: June 09th, 2004 - Interview waived, medicals requested, needed updated employment docs, background info, bank statement, and PCC from home country
Medicals done on June 16th, 2004 and received in Canada on July 19th, 2004.
Additional documents except PCC sent June 25th, 2004
PCC sent August 16th, 2004.

Waiting for Passport request.

-Josh.

Kingosu,

Does your e-client shows update of 'Medicals Received'. If so you remember the timeline it was udpated.

Received IA

Applied on 9th Jan 2004
Processing started on 7th Feb 2004.
IA: 2nd October - 2004 - Interview Required

The interview is going to be scheduled in Detroit. Any Detroit information or timeline will be appreciated.

e-cas status

Nikkia: My ecas status still shows "We started processing your application on October 28th 2003"

-Josh.

Nope, no AOR yet. I'll let you guys know when I get it. I sent my application on Aug 19.

kothari_rupesh said:
RUNAWAY73, have you got your AOR yet ? I haven't ? why do things slow down as soon as I get in the process ? same happened with my labor certification too ?