Buffalo Tracker (please add)

AnnLee said:
Is it now taking longer to get the AOR?
I submitted my application package on July 26, 2004 (Buffalo). And I haven't received the AOR yet. It's been 2 months.

Has anyone received his already if submitted recently?

I had sent my application on the 9th of July 2004. The must have received it in a day or two and I got my AOR date as the 10th of August 2004.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffalo is actually behind on their AOR. Many people in July still didn't receive their AOR. I guess because the reduction of the pass mark many people started applying increasing the load that they can handle Be patient, it will come pretty soon

AnnLee said:
Is it now taking longer to get the AOR?
I submitted my application package on July 26, 2004 (Buffalo). And I haven't received the AOR yet. It's been 2 months.

Has anyone received his already if submitted recently?

Wait Over

Finally the wait is over.

After a long wait we got the letter from the embassy for the passport stamping.

Applied July-2002
Medicals -16 April 2004
Interview -3rd June, cleared, paid landing fees the same day
Later came to know that medical records lost or late posted by the doc

After lots of follow ups with the doc and the embassy we finally got the info that our medical records reached ottawa office on 3rd August, i.e after 4 months after the medicals.

So, i request all those who go for the medicals to atleast get the date from the doc when they were mailed.

Good luck to all

Time After Sending Additional documents

Any one know how long does it take to get the passport request after sending the required additional documents, Medical, FBI report? I send mine on Aug. 20, 2004. Any idea?

jhumkasrc said:
It says for me "....India PC X 2 - No record ...." and similar phrases also for other countries I was resident in. Don't you see similar statements for you ?

Regarding visa, for me also it shows date 27-04-2005 -- I believe it is the validity of the Canadian visa (medical date + 1 year validity period). The fact that it does not appear against spouse's name is not an issue in my opinion.

I think we should send that fax to CIC asking what's up.

I sent a letter today ; hope they will reply ;

Q: Did you sent you police report with application or later when requested ?

Thanks
Good luck

can_card said:
I am new to this forum. My application for PR in federal skilled worker catagory was received in buffalo on 09-01-2004.

I have a small doubt in interview waiver. What is the RPC's general rule in waiving the interview?

I have not hired a lawyer. I have submitted all the documents, including PCC & bank statement initially. No IELTS. But I have submitted a written statement with supporing douments for English proficency. . My self assesment score is 73 points. Will I be excempted from interview?

Thanks

Will the RPC change the new passmark (from 67 to 75) in near future? What happen to my case, if they revert back to 75 before they issue AOR or before they do IA?

My application is pending with them since 09-01-2004. I have not received AOR till date.

can_card said:
Will the RPC change the new passmark (from 67 to 75) in near future? What happen to my case, if they revert back to 75 before they issue AOR or before they do IA?

My application is pending with them since 09-01-2004. I have not received AOR till date.

Will the RPC change the passmark from 67 to 75? No one can answer that question. We just have to wait and watch.

Applicant must meet selection criteria and pass mark not only at the time of application but also at the time visa is to be issued. Thus there is no "lock-in date" for pass mark. Therefore if the passmark is changed all the pending applications (i.e. applicants who have not been issued visa) will be reviewed using the new passmark :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding AOR

Hi All,

I had posted earlier that my application RD was 08/19/04. But, I had actually sent my application on 07/09/04 and it was received on 07/12/04. Then CIC returned my application packet for 2 reasons:

1. I had sent a cashiers' check that exceeded the App Fee (I had sent USD 848 vs. USD 800)
2. English language evidence.

I addressed both issues and sent my application back to CIC on 08/18/04 and then I tracked the mail (it was received on 08/19/04). I also noticed that CIC had stamped the main application with Aug 2, 2004 in the top right box.

Per the initial correspondence, is my AOR: 08/02/04?

I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

clx-dude said:
Hi All,

I had posted earlier that my application RD was 08/19/04. But, I had actually sent my application on 07/09/04 and it was received on 07/12/04. Then CIC returned my application packet for 2 reasons:

1. I had sent a cashiers' check that exceeded the App Fee (I had sent USD 848 vs. USD 800)
2. English language evidence.

I addressed both issues and sent my application back to CIC on 08/18/04 and then I tracked the mail (it was received on 08/19/04). I also noticed that CIC had stamped the main application with Aug 2, 2004 in the top right box.

Per the initial correspondence, is my AOR: 08/02/04?

I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

In a couple of weeks you will receive a letter from CIC Buffalo that your application has been received and you have been assigned a file number. The date on that letter is the date of AOR.

pearl111-FBI phone number

I am not sure if htere is any number for the FBI to call but hang in there. It takes 3-6 weeks to get FBI clearance. I am waiting for hte FBI clearance as well since September 18, 2004. Let me know if you hear anything.

Johar Ali said:
I am not sure if htere is any number for the FBI to call but hang in there. It takes 3-6 weeks to get FBI clearance. I am waiting for hte FBI clearance as well since September 18, 2004. Let me know if you hear anything.

FBI :- 304-625-5590 - usually it takes 6-8 weeks

I have a question about changing of address.
My application was submitted in July. And I haven't received my AOR. Now I plan to move within the city. (I know it's better if I just stay at where I live, but I REALLY want to move).
Could I accurately change the address for my application which now resides in Buffalo?? (Though my current landlord agrees to keep my mails for me, it will be great if I can just change the address on my application!!).
Anyone has a clue please let me know!! THANK YOU.

p9k said:
I sent a letter today ; hope they will reply ;

Q: Did you sent you police report with application or later when requested ?

Thanks
Good luck

I sent police report after IA, when requested.

when did u send urs ?

regards

jhumkasrc said:
I sent police report after IA, when requested.

when did u send urs ?

regards

Same I did ; after IA i sent mine on request on june 28th 04

But I got my Indian PCC directly from my local police station in my home town with photos attaested on it and on astamp paper ; I don't know if that is problem ; I think I should apply for PCC in embasy now....

But notes does not say any thing about FBI PCC which I sent along with upper.

God Knows what's going on ; anyways thanks for reply.........

Change of address

AnnLee said:
I have a question about changing of address.
My application was submitted in July. And I haven't received my AOR. Now I plan to move within the city. (I know it's better if I just stay at where I live, but I REALLY want to move).
Could I accurately change the address for my application which now resides in Buffalo?? (Though my current landlord agrees to keep my mails for me, it will be great if I can just change the address on my application!!).
Anyone has a clue please let me know!! THANK YOU.

Hi,

You can try faxing CIC your change of address. Fax seems to the only way to contact them on pending PR applications.

Hope this helps.

fax reply

I have faxed to CIC yesterday inquiring about the status of my application. I have provided them a return fax number, my email id, my phone numbers and address. Does anybody know which method they will use to respond and approximately how long they take ?

jhumkasrc said:
I have faxed to CIC yesterday inquiring about the status of my application. I have provided them a return fax number, my email id, my phone numbers and address. Does anybody know which method they will use to respond and approximately how long they take ?

USUALLY THEY REPLY BY MAIL .....

Reply to fax by mail

p9k said:
USUALLY THEY REPLY BY MAIL .....

Hi P9K

Thanks. So, you have had an experience in faxing and receiving reply from them ? Do you remember how long it took the reply to come in your mail ? And is the content of the mail detailed and explanatory or something bureaucratic like "WE ARE REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION" ?

Regarding FBI record, my CAIPS notes says "DOCS RECD: ............ etc etc .........., CLEAN FBI DATED APR 2003".

Also regarding Indian PCC it says "RCVD ...... etc .... INDIA PC X 2 - NO RECORD"

All these are in pages 2 and 3 of the record. Don't you see them in yours ?

Regards

jhumkasrc said:
Hi P9K

Thanks. So, you have had an experience in faxing and receiving reply from them ? Do you remember how long it took the reply to come in your mail ? And is the content of the mail detailed and explanatory or something bureaucratic like "WE ARE REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION" ?

Regarding FBI record, my CAIPS notes says "DOCS RECD: ............ etc etc .........., CLEAN FBI DATED APR 2003".

Also regarding Indian PCC it says "RCVD ...... etc .... INDIA PC X 2 - NO RECORD"

All these are in pages 2 and 3 of the record. Don't you see them in yours ?

Regards

I mailed them recently ; I don't know when they will reply ; but one of my friend faxed then asking his status and they replied back in 3-4 weeks.

In my notes it does not say that they have recieved the PCC on any page.

Thanks