take several months"

1. What comprises background checks ??

FBI finger printing only.

2. Can I help them by providing any more information to
complete the background checks ?? like furnish revised
telephones nos for the companies that I worked, etc, etc
Will it help ??)

No

3. I have not submitted my RPRF fee. Can I submit that now ??

Yes, make sure you enclosed a copy of your AOR.

4. Will it help my case (speed it up ?) if I submit the fee ??

Submitting the fee will save you about three weeks.

Will appreciate any advise. Thanks !!!!!

DOLkemaaki said:
Does anyone know if there is deadline given to submit your passport when the CIC sends you a PP request? Do they mention you have to send the PP in 60 days or anything like that?

Thanks,
SSJ

Check this link out. Hopefully it will answer your question. Please update it as well what your case timelines.

http://www.yogi799.com/

P9K, Sapota1

P9K, Sapota1

Any news on passport request ?

I got my CAIPS notes.

It says like this:

============ B045103XXX EB 17-JUN-2004 ==============
FILE TO OFFICER FOR FINAL REVIEW
============ B045103XXX CW 07-JUl-2004 ==============
STAT REQMTS MET
FOSS CHECK = NEG ENFORCEMENT

PPT REQUEST REQUIRED
============ B045103XXX MK 16-JUl-2004 ==============
============ B045103XXX MK 16-JUl-2004 ==============

Does the line FOSS CHECK = NEG ENFORCEMENT have any ominous significance ?

'PPT REQUEST REQUIRED' seems to indicate passport request is initiated, isn't it ?

To those of you who got passport request and obtained CAIPS notes around same period, does this look familiar ?

Would appreciate any guidance in this regard.

Thanks for the reply , Runaway

I have submitted to FBI - No record fingerprint card to the Consulate. then Why do they need to do bacground checks with FBI ??

Will appreciate if you can explain this ??

Thanks

I Guess ; U Will Get Request Soon;

In MY Notes It Looks Like They Did Not Got Police Reports Or Something...

It Shows They Got Medical

It Say File Sent To "mkw" From Bf'd I Don't Know What Does That Means...?

sapota1 said:
To neels1,

The next step is that you wait till CIC buffalo sends you a letter indicating your file number( normally called AOR). I think within a year from you receiving your filenumber, your initial assessment is done( determine whether interview required or not).

Good luck.
Hi Sapota1,

Sorry for a late reply on this. I had to find these dates from digging through my personal file. :)

- Application file was submitted on July 14, 2003.
- Received medical forms around March 24, 2004 giving me 60 days to complete medical and 90days to submit additional docs (police certificates, fund status, etc.).
- Sent the docs on May 18,2004.
- On August 30, 2004 consulate sent me the letter requesting my passport.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

- Stringray

sapota1 said:
Hey stingray & dolkemaaki,

Did you guys recently receive passport request. Could you post your timelines too. I have been waiting for mine for sometime.
Sorry Sapota1, I meant to answer your other post about my timelines. :)
- Stingray

Passport requested

Hi guys, I did get passport requested two weeks ago. They give 30 days for you to send your passport(s) with three photos. Here's my timeline:

Applied at Buffalo: June 1, 2003
AOR: Sept 15, 2003
IA (interview waived): April 26, 2004

Docs (FBI, PCC, Med etc.) sent: June 10, 2004
Passport Requested: Sept 9, 2004
Passport Mailed: Sept 11, 2004
Stamped Passport received: Sept 24, 2004

I sincerely hope that the GC processing US immigration authorities wake up soon to focus more on applicants like their Canadian counterparts, rather than focusing on companies applicants work for, as nobody is expected to work for one company forever. Like many in this forum, I'm in line for LC federal certification forever :(

P9k

p9k said:

You mean you sent police reports yet NOTES says they haven't got it ? If so then what are you thinking of doing ?

Mine also says File BF'd to MKP on 30-09-2004 -- it may mean some quarter-end activity or may be it is going to be actioned by that next gentleman -- I don't know. What is your BF'd date ?

I guess the only way to inquire from CIC is to fax them -- so I am wondering whether I should fax them with my CAIPS notes interpretations.

P9k

p9k said:

... Oh and BTW I don't think I am getting Passport request anytime soon because in the CAIPS notes FINDEC (final decision) shows 0 meaning not decided and MEDDEC (Medical decision) shows 0 too, although medicals have been received long long back.

Hi Proas999

Congrates for getting the landing Visa.

What is the last date on your visa for landing?

Thanks,

For gc212

Hi gc212,

Thanks. My landing date is by June 2, 2005. I guess it's one year from your medicals. Best wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Background check

dialhardeep said:
Thanks for the reply , Runaway

I have submitted to FBI - No record fingerprint card to the Consulate. then Why do they need to do bacground checks with FBI ??

Will appreciate if you can explain this ??

Thanks

Hi Dialhardeep,

Background check has nothing to do with FBI.

After interview waiver (or successful interview if one was required) processing officer initiated background/security check also - this task may take anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude, depending from your background, activities, associations, nationality, countries you resided in and other factors.

1. Background check - verification of education and experience credentials when employers and schools may be contacted to verify authenticity of documents and truthfulness of your claims; if particular claim cannot be conclusively verified then it won't be counted.

and

2. Background/Security check - conducted completely outside of immigration by Canadian intelligence and security agencies with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived in to find out if you are or were involved in and/or associated with someone who is or was involved in activities like terrorism, espionage, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, etc

Kenny04 said:
Hi Dialhardeep,

Background check has nothing to do with FBI.

After interview waiver (or successful interview if one was required) processing officer initiated background/security check also - this task may take anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude, depending from your background, activities, associations, nationality, countries you resided in and other factors.

1. Background check - verification of education and experience credentials when employers and schools may be contacted to verify authenticity of documents and truthfulness of your claims; if particular claim cannot be conclusively verified then it won't be counted.

and

2. Background/Security check - conducted completely outside of immigration by Canadian intelligence and security agencies with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived in to find out if you are or were involved in and/or associated with someone who is or was involved in activities like terrorism, espionage, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, etc
Thanks Kenny for your advise,

Can I speed up the process in any way by furnishing revised tel. numbers of the companies that I was employed with and more information like my first company that I was employed in 1992-93 had closed down or any other direct or indirect way ???

Thanks

jhumkasrc said:
You mean you sent police reports yet NOTES says they haven't got it ? If so then what are you thinking of doing ?

Mine also says File BF'd to MKP on 30-09-2004 -- it may mean some quarter-end activity or may be it is going to be actioned by that next gentleman -- I don't know. What is your BF'd date ?

I guess the only way to inquire from CIC is to fax them -- so I am wondering whether I should fax them with my CAIPS notes interpretations.

Notes does'nt says wether they got my police report or not .....I don't know what they are waiting for ; I have confirmation from USPS that they recieved mail.
My notes only says file to MKW on 20-08-2004 and medical stage validity 03-06-2005

It also says in one place visa for myself only ---- 20-05-2004.. (what does it mean)

In medical decisio and final dec. 0 0

Pl. through any light who knows about caips notes.....APRECIATE your replies....

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport request

Finally I received the passport request on 09/23.

Applied 03/2002
Medical 10/2003
Passport request 09/2004

Thanks
ssam

p9k said:
Notes does'nt says wether they got my police report or not .....I don't know what they are waiting for ; I have confirmation from USPS that they recieved mail.
My notes only says file to MKW on 20-08-2004 and medical stage validity 03-06-2005

It also says in one place visa for myself only ---- 20-05-2004.. (what does it mean)

In medical decisio and final dec. 0 0

Pl. through any light who knows about caips notes.....APRECIATE your replies....

It says for me "....India PC X 2 - No record ...." and similar phrases also for other countries I was resident in. Don't you see similar statements for you ?

Regarding visa, for me also it shows date 27-04-2005 -- I believe it is the validity of the Canadian visa (medical date + 1 year validity period). The fact that it does not appear against spouse's name is not an issue in my opinion.

I think we should send that fax to CIC asking what's up.

i haven't got my AOR

Is it now taking longer to get the AOR?
I submitted my application package on July 26, 2004 (Buffalo). And I haven't received the AOR yet. It's been 2 months.

Has anyone received his already if submitted recently?

LaborIsPainful said:
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt (usually takes a month after u submit ur app)
IA - Initial Assessment (about 8 months to a year from AOR)

Above estimates are if u filed in Buffalo.