Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Passport Recd

Hi,

We recd our Passports on Firday evening!
Best of luck to all of you.WE recd them after two weeks!!

Regards,
Monica

For Cananda 1111

WE are hurry in a Hurry to land cuz we have finished our 6 yrs of H-1B & slogged for 6 yrs after GC-Which God know when will we get it.Anyways that our luck!!& U HAVE ONLY COMPLETED 15 months ! SO U won't understand our SITUATION!!!!!

Thanks!

To Jhumkarsc & gretzky

I had sent documents after assesment end of April. Did medicals in Feb. E-client shows 'decision made' for more then past 1 month. No passport request yet. Afraid that they could have sent it to my old address(my assesment came to my old address even though e-client shows new address).
What are your timelines? I wonder if CIC buffalo employees went on summer vacation or something & are a little slow now???

Reply to MONA 123

Congrats Mona...
I also send on the same date but yet I have not received my passports ...I am confused and nervous also. Can you clarify whether the consulate has used the same pre-paid envelop sent by you?I faxed a letter today morning to the consulate. Waiting for reply.I have not decided where and when to land .....I am currently working in US and looking for a job in Canada.

ASHi/Dreams/Mona & others

I checked on the website and my case status shows " IN PROGRESS". It was " Decisison Made" till last week. As you all know I did send my passports on 4th June for stamping and for some reason now the status indicates "In Progress:"

Did you guys check your status...please confirm

To rajan raj & others

Today, my status also changed to 'In progress' from 'Decision Made'. I havent yet received my passport request yet. However, clicking on the 'In progress' gives me the same message that it did when it was 'Decision Made' (i.e decision has been made on your case...medicals have been received).

Wonder whats going on?????

Anyone else - same boat??

MONA123 Hurray! You made it!.
I am planning to land at toronto on 26 or 27 as I get passport will saty for 2 weeks (Vacation will visit quebec/montreal etc.)
Good reply to Canda 1111 he still doesn't know about painful process of US GC.

For Rajan raj

Hey I did checked my online status It also shows "In Process" What I am assuming is our passports are entered for Visa stamping in their system so its in process.

Satpota, I think address could be the problem. I hope you must have faxed consulate that online process shows decision made and you have got anything in mail.

Thanks

sapota1

My timeline:
1. Applied - Feb 1, 2003
2. AOR - Feb 25, 2003
3. IA - Feb 5, 2004 (interview waived)
4. Medicals fedexed - Mar 19, 2004
5. Additional documents fedexed - Apr 23, 2004 (including FBI results)
Current status - awaiting passport request ("In Process" on CIC website)

Online Status changed to "In Process" from "Decision Made"

Rajan & Ashi,
I checked my status online and it changed from Decision Made to In Process, I hope that Ashi's theory is right that whenever they put our passports to be stamped in their system it changes the status.
Good Luck and I will keep you guys posted.

- Dreams

ashi5 said:
MONA123 Hurray! You made it!.
I am planning to land at toronto on 26 or 27 as I get passport will saty for 2 weeks (Vacation will visit quebec/montreal etc.)
Good reply to Canda 1111 he still doesn't know about painful process of US GC.

For Rajan raj

Hey I did checked my online status It also shows "In Process" What I am assuming is our passports are entered for Visa stamping in their system so its in process.

Satpota, I think address could be the problem. I hope you must have faxed consulate that online process shows decision made and you have got anything in mail.

Thanks

canada_1111 said:
I am just curious why u guys are in so hurry to land in Canada. Is there anything I am missing? You know what I am just opposite of you guys cuz I am planning to land in the last month of my visa date expires. Canadian Consulate just requested my passport and I am going to send after 20 days cuz I want to delay as much as I can. I just finished my 15 months on H1-B and I still have 4.5 yrs to go provided if I can keep my job. Huh!!!

I have one more question, how long we have to stay in Canada to keep our PR valid in first 5 yrs. What kinda proves they ask to prove that person was actually satyed in Canada for ??? yrs?

Thanks

Harman
Dear Canada1111,
It is so unpredictable nowadays to what will happen , it is better to secure your future. They may change the rules and you could be stuck again in the swirls of US immigration! It is better to get it done I am sure Ashi, Rajan and Mona have the same view point.
- Dreams

Mona123 said:
hi rajan/Dreams,

When are you guys planning to land??
Which city?

Thanks
Mona
Hi Mona,
I already have tickets booked for Toronto, Let's see if I get the passport by Thursday or not? By the way, did you check ur online status 2-3 days before you got ur passport? What did it say? Actually, I have completed 3 yrs of H1 but I just didn't want to hangout hoping for the GC, before Canada also becomes strict.
Agree with you 100%.
Good Luck,
Dreams

Dreams said:
Rajan & Ashi,
I checked my status online and it changed from Decision Made to In Process, I hope that Ashi's theory is right that whenever they put our passports to be stamped in their system it changes the status.
Good Luck and I will keep you guys posted.

- Dreams

Yup, you r right dreams, when they were working on my passport, my status also changed to 'In progress', but changed to decision made, when I received it with stamp

Hope this will help

Hi Dreams,

We also plan to land inToronto,Do share your exp!!
Thanks!

Rajan_raj-yes they used the same pre-paid-envelope.Don't worry you will get it soon!

Sapota1-I agree with Dreams, fax the e-status to the consulate, Also try if you can check your mail( old address)

-Mona

MONA/ASHI/DREAMS and others

Hi ALL; I received my passport back.....finally!

The person at canadian consultae at DC was right in his advice...he mentioned to me that the bufallo consulate processes Visas only on Tuesday and Thursdays.I received on WED....You all should get your passports back eihter on WED or FRIDAY.

Please share your landing experience....Looking forward to hearing from you all.Thanks.

Guys,
Anybody here knows how much time it takes after submission of
Medicals and RPRF (Interviewed waived case) to get a request for
passport?
My time line is as below:
Applied: May 2002
AOR: Nov 2002
Interview waived: April 2004
Medicals & RPRF submitted: May 2004

Passport request: ?????

My case was transferred from Buffalo RPC to NY consulate.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Got it!

Hi Rajan,Mona and Ashi,
Finally, We got our passports today.
PP Receieved by buffalo consulate on Tuesday June 9
PP with stamp receieved on Wednesday June 23.
It Saved me $200 in air line ticket cancellation.
Will share the Landing experience.
Good Luck Ashi.

THanks for ur support.

- Dreams

rajan_raj said:
Hi ALL; I received my passport back.....finally!

The person at canadian consultae at DC was right in his advice...he mentioned to me that the bufallo consulate processes Visas only on Tuesday and Thursdays.I received on WED....You all should get your passports back eihter on WED or FRIDAY.

Please share your landing experience....Looking forward to hearing from you all.Thanks.

HI all,

I got a request today to send the police clearance and fbi clearance. and mediacals. my time lines are below.

applied in oct 2002.
receipt date june 2003
and medicals june 2003.

can some tell me how to get the indian police clearance certificate.

thanks for your help.

Download form for Misc services from Indian consulate website,

You have to Pay $20-$40(I am not sure) They will issue police certificate in 30 Days. I will suggest apply ASAP. Make sure you tell them its for Canada Immigration.

despgc said:
HI all,

I got a request today to send the police clearance and fbi clearance. and mediacals. my time lines are below.

applied in oct 2002.
receipt date june 2003
and medicals june 2003.

can some tell me how to get the indian police clearance certificate.

thanks for your help.