Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Updated:

User------AOR--------Initial Assessnent-MedDone----FBI sent ----PP Req
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jaocanada--Nov 2002----4/1/2004-------5/1/2004---- ----- ???
gretzky----2/25/2003----2/5/2004-------3/19/2004--- 4/23/2004-- ???
ganku------5/10/2003---2/24/2004------3/26/2004--- 5/10/2004 ???
Carthik-----July 2003----4/1/2004-------4/8/2004---- 5/17/2004 ???
TexCan-----7/21/2003---3/30/2004------5/20/2004---6/8/2004 -----???
sapota1-----jan 2003----jan 2004--------feb 2004----april 2004-----???

Txt file is attached

Help reading CAIPS notes

Hi I requested my CAIPS notes.

and I have some question about it.
What the folloging lines means??

1. PH TO INITIATE VCC
2. 1ST/REQ LTR RE RCMP
3. SENT: SEC/UPDATE LTR IMM8 RE
4. SENT:
1ST/REQ LTR RE
VENEZ ID/CRD
ON RCPT VCC TO BE SENT X 2

They gave me only 75 points... I know that I need only 67 point to be a candidate ...but They didn't put 5 point for be working more than a year in canada. Should I do something about it???

I did my medicals on early May and they does appear in the CAIPS.. What Can I do about it???

Thanks

gretzky said:
Updated:

jaocanada--Nov 2002----4/1/2004-------5/1/2004---- ----- ???
talu76------april/2003---july/2003--------april/2004---april/2004-rcmp ---????

Txt file is attached

Withdraw Application for PR

I need some help. I want to withdraw my application and my wife's application. We already paid the Landing Fees. Will any body help us? Shall we get our money back. My file was transferred to local center and not yet scheduled for interview.

Thanks,
Srini

Spouse in Canada

My spouse applied for my PR in November 03.

The sponsorship was OKayed on Dec 14th(in Canada) and the file was transferred to Buffalo and my case date was Februray 11th' 04.

I just received a letter from them to prove that I was a current resident in the US on June01'2004.

My US visa is expiring.Should I apply for a Canadian touris visa at this time.

Thanks,

Hi,
I am planning to apply for PR. I have some initial doubt about the documents requirements
for the application.
1) At the check list item#6(Education/Training/Qualification) section ...
Do I have to provide all the transcripts for my Degree in sealed envelop? It is very difficult to get it from India. So what everybody does? Please advise.
2) For Work Experience (item#7 of the check list) related proof....
It is not always possible to get the letter from the current employer. So in that event
please advise what should one write in explanation.... some hints...
3) For Proof of Language Proficiency(item#8 of the check list)...
What is better to do? Like is it good to go for the test or as I have been in USA for 6yrs
it is Ok to provide written explanation. For the written explanation what are the proof
generally we should provide and please provide some hints for the answer....
4) I am not sure whether I should get the Police Certifates and Clearances now, so that I can
submit with the form. I think we have to provide necessary Police/FBI clearance sometime after
submitting the initial forms and docs(as mentioned in Appex B of the check list). What about for
India? From where we can get that? Do I have to submit now or later?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

jaocanada--Nov 2002----4/1/2004-------5/1/2004----May 2002--- 6/25/2004
talu76------april/2003---july/2003--------april/2004---april/2004-rcmp ---????

Important Information needed

Hello Gurus, I am new to this forum and I am preparing documents to apply for Canada PR for that I need some information, so can you please advice me?

1. Proof of Language Proficiency : Can you please send me some sample letter or what we have to specify in that letter in order to prove the language?

2. Police certificate and clearance: I got the finger prints from FBI one year back but I didn't apply for Canada PR for the past one year. where do we want to send this FBI whether to Buffalo Office or to Indian Consulate to get the PCC? Please advice how long the FBI information is valid?

3. Dependent child: My Son is a US Born citizen and he is 6 years old, I am in H1 5 years finished in US. Do we have to apply for my son also the Canada PR and how is the amount we have to pay for him, do we want to send photographs also for him.?

Thanks in Advance.

Number of Year In Canada

Experts;

Can you please let me know how many years does one require to stay in Canada, out of five years to keep the Permanaent residency status.

And when does the clock start , the day the Medical was done or the day you get your passport stamped or the day you enter Canada.
Thanks
Pearl

Hi Oajnabi, Immi_canada2000 and Pearl11142002,

I will try and answer your questions to the best of my knowlege:

Oajnabi:
1) Transcripts do not have to be in sealed envelope. If you are sending photocopies of transcripts get them notarized. As a rule of thumb get all photocopied documents notarized. In US you can get documents notarized for free from your bank.

2) If you can not get letter from current/previous employers you can write an explanation as to why you could not get the letter - just tell the truth eg. you dont want to tell your employer that you want to immigrate to Canada. Provide appointment letter, pay slips, tax returns, commendation letters or any document that connects you to the company.

3) It is better to give IELTS but as you have been working in US for 6 years you can write an english proficiency letter detailing the use of english language in your daily life.

Sample Proof of Language Proficiency :

To
Canadian Consulate General
Buffalo, NY Dated: March 1, 2004

Madam/Sir,

In support of my application for immigration to Canada, please permit me to briefly explain and bring all relevant facts to your attention, which clearly establishes my proficiency in all four facets of the English Language.

WRITING SKILLS
I have been working as software engineer in the USA for the over three years, where language of use has been English. I have the distinct advantage of having completed my Secondary, Pre and Graduate levels of education in India, where the medium of instruction has been English. Also, throughout my job as a software engineer I have to often document my work and submit it to my superiors, for which I have extensively used English language only. I frequently exchange e-mails with my employers pertaining to technical/non-technical issues. I also write project reports after discussing it with my team and submit it to my superiors in order to proceed or start various projects. I often have to note down the points during the team meeting so that I can implement them later in my work. I also prepare slides or short write-ups in order to give a presentation to my team on technical aspects of a project. These have helped me in utilizing and enhancing my English writing skills effectively in everyday life.

READING SKILLS
As my education was in the English medium, I have studied all the subjects in English. At work, I often have to read and understand many technical books in English to keep aware of the latest computer technologies. I read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis and often understand all that I read. If I encounter a word that’s new to me, I look it up in the dictionary. I also read novels and have thus developed reading as an interesting hobby.

LISTENING SKILLS
I listen to the news everyday while going to work and all my interaction with my colleagues is in English. At work, I often have to attend the teleconference meetings that are conducted with my team who are at several different locations. I am an avid fan of the English movies and I watch, discuss about my favorite stars with my friends. I also talk to most of my friends in English, as we all do not speak the same native language.

SPEAKING SKILLS
I exclusively use the English language to communicate with my co-workers and superiors at work. I often have to discuss about many aspects in a project and it requires good English knowledge in order to present my views. I find absolutely no difficulty in making the other party understand my point of view. I frequently have to make presentations and explain many technical issues, which may last for around 45 minutes. I often meet with my friends and discuss about movies and Tennis.

Finally, I have been educated in India where the medium of instruction has been English and working in U.S.A, where I have been using English language day-in and day-out. I can handle English language with ease and would submit that my proficiency in English Language can be gauged as fluent. I am including a recommendation letter from my employer depicting my proficiency in using English at work. Should you require additional details, if any, I would only be obliged to furnish.

Sincerely,

4) I dont have a definate answer to this question. I submitted my FBI clearance with the initial application but I have also read in other forums that lot of people did not submit FBI clearance with the initial application. As it is you will have to provide FBI clearance again after initial assessment as the validity of the document is 6 months. So its your choice. These days its taking 5-8 weeks to get FBI clearance.

You do not have to get PCC from India now. After initial assessment is done they may ask you to provide it. You can get Indian PCC from Indian Consulate in US or passport office that issued your passport in India.

Immi_canada2000

1) Proof of Language Proficiency : See above

2) If you got clearance from FBI a year ago then this clearance is not valid. The validity of this document is for 6 months only.

But from what I understand you just got your fingerprinting done and did not send it to FBI. If you did not send your and your family members fingerprints to FBI then forward the completed fingerprint form, with a certified check or money order for US$18 per person made payable to the "U.S. Treasury" to the following address:

FBI - CJIS Division
Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia
USA

Include a letter stating that you need the FBI Clearance certificate for Canadian Immigration. FBI will process your fingerprints and send them back with a stamp of "No criminal record". You will then send this document to Buffalo. Please also read the answer that I gave to Oajnabi above (Point 4)

3) You will have to apply for your son as well as he is your dependant. Fee structure is give in the guides available at the website www.cic.gc.ca

Pearl11142002,

According to the Law you have to be physically present in canada for 730 days out of every 5 year period, beginning from the day you land. So basically, you can be out of canada for a max of 3 years. But if you are absent from Canada for a long period you may have to explain it the immigration officer in Canada, when you return, that your real intention is to settle in Canada.

Any IA s for Nov , Dec applied cases

Hi
ANybody got IA for application received in Nov , dec 2003
My timelines:
APplied Nov 15th 2003
File No On Dec 18th 2003

IA : waiting....

Immigration4kot,

I haven't heard from any one with Nov-Dec 2003 AOR, received their IA. It doesn't sound good.

My timelines:
Applied Nov 17th 2003
AOR: Dec 8th 2003

IA: waiting

Hello people

Hi,
I am new to Canada forum.
Here are my details:

I applied in Oct 2003...Processing start date is Nov 2003.

I got Medical forms and police cleance instruction 3 days back.
They have asked to obtain police clearance for USA and India and UK (i was in UK for 1.5 yr).

How do i obtain police clearance for India and UK???

Any help is appreciated.

thanks.

Shail

It depends on where you lived in the UK ?
If you lived in the metropolitian London area try contacting

National Identification Service
Subject Access Office
Room 350
New Scotland Yard
Broadway
London SW1H0BG
Phone 020 7230 2958
Fax 020 7230 2688
You should ask for Prosecution/Conviction record under Data Protection Act 1998.
Here is a doclink for more info:
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/index.htm

If you lived outside London you would ask your local police dept. Search for them on the web but process will be similar. Anyway make sure all correspondence is by registered mail.
Hope this helps

Shail

I lived in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.

TexanC (love him :)) helped me with the directions regarding the info on UK PCC.

Look for Form 3019B on the web and you will find the form and instructions there say what are needed.

I got the Cambridgeshire constabulary phone number from the web and called them up about subject access request -- I guess I got their address from the web too and verified on the phone.

I sent them a cover letter, notarized passport copy (should include all pages including pages which cover entry/exit in UK), one original utility bill as proof of my address, the preformatted letter from the CIC guide asking for PCC from country of residence, foreign currency draft for 10 pound, completed form 3019b and history of last 10 year's residence addresses.

As per the form 3019b instructions I had made the draft payable to Metroplitan Police Authority but then they emailed me saying it should payable to 'Cambridgeshire Constabulary'.
So I sent another one and subsequently they sent me the Certificate. (Put your email in the cover letter -- in that case they can contact you immediately if needed).

I am now off for a week's furlough -- Hope this helps (if you stayed outside London Area).

Regards

Q on filling the form

Hi,

I need help with filling the schedule 1, background/declaration.
Q2 ask to write my name in my native language.

I can only speak my native language, and I cannt read or write in that.
English is not my native language, so writing in English will not be the correct thing. Is leaving the item blank a good idea..?

What is the accepted practice on this item?

thanks very much!
:)
goodlawyer