Buffalo Tracker (please add)

goodlawyer

Can you not ask someone to write your name in your native language? I don't know how to write my native language too so I asked my parents to write it for me

Gurus - My wife just came from India - Any care shd be taken??

Hi
I applied for canada PR in Nov 15th 2003 and got file no
in dec 15th 2003

I guess this is the time that CIC look my file for IA

As my wife came just 1 week back
can i have to do any thing.

My canada PR is applied with help of canadian lawyer.
He said he will take care abt that address chnage of my wife (For my wife from India to USA address) when IA is done.
What my lawyer said is - as contact address is his office , nothing to worry.

Are we not supposed to update CIC time to time with all chnages??

Will it be ok??

Or do i have to be cautious abt any thing??

I appreciate ur replies.

Thanks
Ravi

Any Updates?

User------AOR--------Initial Assessnent-MedDone----FBI sent ----PP Req
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jaocanada--Nov 2002----4/1/2004-------5/1/2004----May 2002--- 6/25/2004
gretzky----2/25/2003----2/5/2004-------3/19/2004--- 4/23/2004-- ???
ganku------5/10/2003---2/24/2004------3/26/2004--- 5/10/2004 ???
Carthik-----July 2003----4/1/2004-------4/8/2004---- 5/17/2004 ???
TexCan-----7/21/2003---3/30/2004------5/20/2004---6/8/2004 -----???
sapota1-----jan 2003----jan 2004--------feb 2004----april 2004-----???
talu76------april/2003---july/2003--------april/2004---april/2004-rcmp ---????

Gurus - My wife just came from India - Any care shd be taken??

Hi
I applied for canada PR in Nov 15th 2003 and got file no
in dec 15th 2003

I guess this is the time that CIC look my file for IA

As my wife came just 1 week back
can i have to do any thing.

My canada PR is applied with help of canadian lawyer.
He said he will take care abt that address chnage of my wife (For my wife from India to USA address) when IA is done.
What my lawyer said is - as contact address is his office , nothing to worry.

Are we not supposed to update CIC time to time with all chnages??

Will it be ok??

Or do i have to be cautious abt any thing??

I appreciate ur replies.

Thanks
Ravi

BUFFALO TRACKER web site - NEW!

Hey guys, I've created this automated tracker which will allow evyrone enter their timeline so that we can study and compare them. No more browsing through endless posts or downloading Excel files is necessary - this one is fully on line. Please contribute by adding your timeline. This tracker is for BUFFALO only.

(Column named SENT all is the time when you sent all additional documents such as W2 and PCCs).

Good luck to everyone - let's get the tracker to work!

Click here: http://www.yogi799.com

It looks like Buffalo had been really quite the past 2-3 weeks. I haven't heard any one receiving any kind of communication..... IA, Passport Request??

Correct me if I am wrong.

Landed and Back

Hi,

I got my Passports and landing papers on 29th June. I was surprised they stamped it on Monday Date on Visa is 28th June 2004. Valid for one entry only.

I was suppose to go to toronto , I wrote in my application Toronto, Ontario

As air tickets was very expensive, I decided to go to Vancouver instead. Landed at Vancouver International Airport, Everything went smooth they asked for address in Vancouver which I wrote for them on Paper. She clicked new pics. at airport, as our pic had some shadow. I prepared excel sheet for customs in Canada. Made 2 copies, It went thru with no problem she asked me how much money I am carrying, I told I have 9000 USD she didn't looked.

I stayed 10 days in Vancouver, Its pretty nice place, I had vacation and landing both.

Good luck to all of you. Any querstions are welcome I will try to answer best of my knowledge. Lets keep things alive.

ashi5 said:
Hi,

I got my Passports and landing papers on 29th June. I was surprised they stamped it on Monday Date on Visa is 28th June 2004. Valid for one entry only.

I was suppose to go to toronto , I wrote in my application Toronto, Ontario

As air tickets was very expensive, I decided to go to Vancouver instead. Landed at Vancouver International Airport, Everything went smooth they asked for address in Vancouver which I wrote for them on Paper. She clicked new pics. at airport, as our pic had some shadow. I prepared excel sheet for customs in Canada. Made 2 copies, It went thru with no problem she asked me how much money I am carrying, I told I have 9000 USD she didn't looked.

I stayed 10 days in Vancouver, Its pretty nice place, I had vacation and landing both.

Good luck to all of you. Any querstions are welcome I will try to answer best of my knowledge. Lets keep things alive.
ashi5,

do they keep a record that you have left the country?

Hi
You mentioned that you had taken 9000 dollars with you, is it necessary to take cashier's check if you are coming back to the US or is it fine just to take bank statements?

Did they ask about your status in the US and how long before you move to Canada permanently?

Thanks

Landing Completed.

With My family, I landed in Canada at Toronto International Airport.

The immigration process was pleasant and normal and took about 15 minutes. Canada Immigration Officer did not ask when I am returning, but took my friends address for sending the PR card. The officer asked about how much funds I have in my possession and made a note of it. She did not ask for seeing any proof.

At customs counter, they verified and stamped the goods to follow list and stamped the jewelry photographs. The overall process took about 1.5 hours.

We proceeded to Niagara and applied for SIN at Burlington and returned after two days.

As per the 30-day visit to contiguous territories, we did not surrender the I-94 on departure from US airport. On return, the US immigration officer looked at our current -I94 and let us through after taking fingerprints and photographs.

I would be glad to answer any questions. Thank you everyone for participating in this forum.

This may help the people who are planning to land.

1. Arrange all documents in a folder and have proof of funds.
2. Answer only to the questions asked. You need not disclose anything without being asked.
3. Have two copies of goods to follow list with estimated values.
4. If automobiles are listed, present VIN numbers:
5. Have serial numbers of electronics items also listed.
6. Total the estimated values of goods to follow.
7. Have two copies of jewelry photographs.

Applied :Sep 2002
AOR :Nov 2002
I A : :Nov 2003
Medical :Jan 2004
Passport Req:Apr 2004
Visa Issued :May 2004
Landed :Jul 2004

Help with Application form

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR and have some questions regarding filing of application and the documents required. I am currently based in Portland, OR

1. Are Transcripts same as Mark sheets obtained from University and can they be used?
2. Date of Birth Certificate: I don’t have Municipality Certificate? Is School leaving certificate of X th standard sufficient
3. Does my spouse also need to fulfill English Reading/Writing/Speaking test / provide supporting?
4. Is it recommended to use services of an attorney or I can file it directly at Buffalo.

vu2vut

Thanks for the post, why do you need two copies of the jewellery photographs? Is one copy not sufficient?

Thanks

The Customs Officer wanted to keep a copy of the photographs. One set he stamped on the back and gave it back to me along with the stamped goods-to-follow list.

srini88 said:
vu2vut

Thanks for the post, why do you need two copies of the jewellery photographs? Is one copy not sufficient?

Thanks

Received my IA today and here are my timelines

Applied: Nov 18th 2003
AOR: Dec 8th 2003
IA dated: June 30th 2004
IA received: July 12th 2004

Passport Request

I got my PP request today. The web site still says in process.

My time line
Application - Feb 2003
File # - May 1 2003
AOR - Feb 2004
FBI,Medical - March 2004
PCC June 2004
PP July 12 2004

Question on Medicals

I am currently in US and my wife is in India. We need to do our medicals.

From the medical documents and instructions I received, it states "All family members should do the medicals with the same doctor". My wife can't come to US, due to visa restrictions. The only possiblility is me going to India.

How strict is Buffalo with this condition. Is there a work around for this situation. Has anyone done thier medicals of your family with different doctors.