Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Need info urgent!

Hi,

I received the initial assessment letter and the medical forms.

we had a kid after applying to canada immigration.I have to send my kids application.

My question is,

do i have to wait for getting my kids medicals from them or should I send my medical info and then send my kids later after I receive my kids forms.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Finally

Finally I got my PP stamped . Drove to Buffalo on Mon . Gave PP on Tues. Got back PP on Thur . Drove back.

21 months total time.

Hope this is all worth as I have heard that JOb scene in canada is bad for IT people. But its just the info I have read and heard from people. So dont know exactly .

Any questions, will be glad to answer them.

Initial assesment received

Guys,
I received my initial assesment today. Here is my timeline.

Sent Application : May 10, 2003
AOR Received : July 21, 2003
IELTS result sent : Dec 2003 (> 7 in all sections)
Initial Assesment with interview waiver: April 17, 2004 (However the letter is dated March 30, 2004)

Asked for medicals within 60 days

Need to send the following
1) Letter from current employer
2) Indian PCC
3) FBI Clearence
4) Proof of funds
5) W2

Thanks

canada PR buffalo + H1 issue...in trouble help

Hello all

I have a weird and difficult situation. I got my PP stamped and landing papers from Buffalo 4 months ago. Since I had abt 6 months to land I decided to send my new H1 for revalidation to St. Louis as my one year period (one year after H1 stamp expires) was expiring in a month after I received landing papers. Its been over 4 months and I still have not received my PP with H1 from St Louis . I only have to 2 months left to land in canada and I dont have my PP. To add to my problem , I tried to contact St. Louis but in response I found out that they have not received my PP or any H1 paperwork. So basically I lost my PP and with that I lost the single entry stamp Buffalo office gave me. I tried to contact Indian embassy in NY for new PP but they are taking their own time to process and asking for lot of docs for lost PP.

I tried to fax Buffalo office to explain them the situation but no response.

Please advise as I lost my PP , I lost buffalo stamp and also H1 approval letter.

Would appreciate a few clarifications

I would like a few clarifications on a couple of items

1) Indian PCC from Consulate:
Couple of questions here
a) Indian consulate in Houston has conflicting info on their website. On one link it shows the cost is $ 11 and on the other it shows $ 20. Since we plan to go there in person and since they only accept cashiers check/money order we would like clarification on the cost from someone who has done it recently.
b) I have my passport issued in US, but spouse's is from India. How long will it take on avg to issue PCC for spouse.

2) FBI Clearence
a) Do I have to spend 2 seperate cashiers check/money orders for me and spouse or can they be combined.
b) Is it necessary to send prepaid envelope. does US Post have this facility
c) How long is the avg processing time right now if documents are in order

3) W2 Forms/Pay stubs
a) The letter from the consulate is not clear. Will the most recent W2 suffice or do thay want all W2's since starting employment ?
b)Similar question on Paystubs. How far back do they want you to go.

4) Bank Statements
a) Do we need a letter from the bank or will statements suffice. If the stements suffice how far back should we send them.

Would appreciate any input/comments on these doubts.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

For TexanCanadian

If you have your passport issued here in consulate they will issue your PCC same day. $20 is fees for your PCC. For your spouse or passport issued in India you have fill up extra forms and it will take atleast 30 days for PCC. Make sure to take both original passports to Consulate along with copies.

For FBI fingerprinting you need to send two seperate cashiers checks along with fingerprinting cards make sure to write your address on fingerprinting card. FBI will send you back results in 4-6 weeks. If you need priorty you can send FEDEX envelope along.

W2 and paystubs could be lates for this year. You may need curret employer refrence letter

Now I have question for you ? Did they asked you for ROLF. Are you planning to send it along with documents

Pls reply

Thanks

for ashi5

Thanks for the info.
The letter doesnt mention that you MUST pay ROLF but says more like "you may pay ROLF at this time". In my case I do plan to send it along with all the other requested docs.
Thanks

to smxhan

Did you send the passports in a trackable courier or postal service. If so does the tracking info show that it reached st.louis?
I believe buffalo has some email ids for immigration officers. Try contacting to those and see if you have any luck.

Finger print in Long island

Please update if someone has address in long island or new york for the finger printing.

Thanks
Sam

I am planning to submit my PR application soon. Can someone tell if the transcripts from my school should be in a sealed envelope? Or is it OK if photocopies are submitted?

Thanks for your help!

Finger printing

For Ssam,

Try Postal Annexe, or UPS store near to you. They will charge $15-17 but it will fast.

Thanks

I sent it using USPS. But the tracking info says it knows nothing abt that number. So I am kind of confused.

Does anyone know how long it takes to make new passport from Indian embassy and if Buffalo office will issue me another Visa stamp on the new passport as I still have 2 months left for landing.

Any help is really appreciated.

Can anybody tell if the transcripts from my school (I did my MS in U.S) should be in a sealed envelope? Or is it OK if photo copies are submitted?

would appreciate your help!

smxhan,

Will take 2/3 weeks if they are laoded but If they don't have load then they can sent you in 3/4 days.

I got my new passport in 3 days after they recd my application.

Re: Help Please

Looks like we are in the same boat:

Jan 28 '03 - processing start date
Feb 03 '03 - AOR
Jan 08 '04 - Assessment + Waiver
Feb 17 '04 - Meds Sent by DR
Apr 05' 04 - rest of the docs, Fingerprints and RPRF sent
Apr 19 '04 - e-client status changed to "Decision Made" from "In Progress".

Now I am waiting to hear from CIC. Wish me good luck :)

Originally posted by ashi5
Here is my time line

Applied in Jan 2003
File No recieved Apr 2003
Intial assesment "No Interview" Jan 2004
Medicals sent by Doctor: 13 Feb 2004
Sent FBI and Paystubs on 14 March 2004

I didn't sent ROLF fees cause It was not checkmarked on letter and they didn't asked for it. So I decided to wait.

Please anyone with same timeline got something from buffalo . Please reply.

Thanks

Ash

To nilayt,

Are you talking abt new PP that we get when we apply for renewal . Coz I want to mention that I am talking abt the LOST PP and getting a new one after that. Which Indian embassy(NY,Chicago,etc) did u get it from in such small time. Also when they issued you new PP , is it original OR is it Duplicate PP. Coz Buffalo office only accepts original PP. Lastly what docs did u have to submit them to get new PP in case of lost PP.

Please be aware that all my questions are associated with applying for new PP after we have lost one.I am not talking abt renewal or fresh new application.

meera 55

Sorry but I disagree with nilayt

It is clearly mentioned by Buffalo that they need original transcripts in sealed envelopes.
If you are in the US it is standard practice to get this from your Univ registration. Why dont you save yourself frustration, delay and trouble and just submit the transcripts in a sealed envelopes.
Thanks