Buffalo Tracker (please add)

I appreciate all your input.

Actually, I am a little confused - should we do fingerprint and send it along with other documents to Buffalo, or wait till they ask to do fingerprint? If it is the former, where did you get the fingerprint form, from FBI or local police/agency?

Here's what i found in the document posted by Canadian government (appendix B-1):
Do NOT request a police certificate form HK, US, or Canada until you are instructed to do so by a visa office.

Gurus, please help!

Medical

Hey does anyone know a good dcotor in East bay SFO area for medicals. Please post you experience and Fees etc.

Plus I have a question about police clearnce cert. Do we have to go and apply in Indian consulate? Does any one went thru the process? how long it takes?

Thanks

Decision Made--

Here is the TimeFrame:--

Applied in May 2002.
Number assigned : November 05, 2002.
Medicals done on : November 02, 2003.
Mailed the FBI Clearance/Indian PCC on :Dec 24th 2003
Received the request to pay ROLF: Jan 21 2004.

Website shows:
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received.

I have to send the landing fee within 30 days (ie before Feb 10th, since the letter was dated Jan 12th)... Will they send the Passport request immediately on receipt of the ROLF fee?

Re: Decision Made--

MEOW_MEOW
Congratualtions.
I am waiting since Dec 13th Onwards. I have not received any letter from them. But online message it was showing Decision made......

Hi,

I just got my fringerprint from a local university. A policeman took it very quickly, no questions asked. I'd like to share the info with others.

Thanks again for your help!

Please help ...Advice

Hello

Its been a really frustrating experience. In my initial assessment I was asked to submit schedule1 form within 60 days. I did that. Also I was told to do medicals within 60 days and submit additional docs within 90 days. I received initial assessment on Nov 4. I have done everything but still my e-client status shows in process. I tried to contact my doctor to find out when exactly they sent out the docs but he is not readu to give out any information. So there is absolutely no way I can find out exactly what is the status of my application right now after completing i.e. sending docs( dont know if they received it), sending medicals(dont know if doc sent it or not).

Please advice what next step should I take after waiting how long ???

I would really appreciate any answers .....I had applied in Apr 2002 . Its almost a 2 years now.

discforum1

discforum1,
apply and get your CAIPS notes. It will give you an idea if your medicals have been received as well as the current status .

www.caipsnotes.com

Regards

IELTS

nmohsin
You can write to CIC and say that you do have time fot IELTS. THey will understand if you have been living in US.

Originally posted by rshastry
Yaar Ajay,

Do not worry. Just send the passport and photos ( inside the grey envelope) along with a stamped expresss mail envelope. You can then put the grey envelope and the express mail in one package and send it to them.

You should get it back in 8-10 days. You are almost there with the processing so relax and enjoy the weekend.

Good Luck!

Shashtry dost,

Its kind of scary to send the passport by regular mail and receiving by regular express mail, any other secure and acceptable option ?

Any option where I can track the packet or atleast insure it

Medicals and PCC

Hey Gurus
Please help me with medicals and police certificates requirements.

Living in Fremont Bay Area San Francisco.
Please share the experiences and fees with respective doctors.

How do we get police clearance cert. Do we have to get it for both countries

Re: Please help ...Advice

Hi discforum1

I have similar case to yours in terms of application date and request for updated schedules by buffalo. After I sent all the requested documents, I sent them a fax telling them that I have sent them all the documents that they requested and I would like to know if they received it. The visa officer sent me fax the next day saying that they have received the documents and that they are waiting fro background checks to be completed, which can take up to 1 year :mad: My understanding is that background checks can take anywhere between couple of months to over a year, depending on the applicant's nationality and the places he lived in for the last 10 years.
So, I think you can send a fax to buffalo consulate addressed to the visa officer in charge of your case (I assume he/she signed the letter requesting additional documents) and ask him/her if they have received everything and to advise you about the status of your application. I don't think you will loose anything by doing this. I think there are many other April 2002 applicants who are still waiting for passport request. So, it needs little patient.

Good luck and keep us posted about your case.

Originally posted by discforum1
Hello

Its been a really frustrating experience. In my initial assessment I was asked to submit schedule1 form within 60 days. I did that. Also I was told to do medicals within 60 days and submit additional docs within 90 days. I received initial assessment on Nov 4. I have done everything but still my e-client status shows in process. I tried to contact my doctor to find out when exactly they sent out the docs but he is not readu to give out any information. So there is absolutely no way I can find out exactly what is the status of my application right now after completing i.e. sending docs( dont know if they received it), sending medicals(dont know if doc sent it or not).

Please advice what next step should I take after waiting how long ???

I would really appreciate any answers .....I had applied in Apr 2002 . Its almost a 2 years now.

Hey stranger1

THanks for the info. Do u have the format of the fax letter. Is the fax to be sent on the blank paper or do we have to use the inquiry form that they send us with AOR. Also where should I address the Visa officer in the letter. I cannot receive a fax but I can send one. WHat do I need to mention in the letter about receiving the response of this particular inquiry. Like for you u may have mentioned that u needed reply by fax so Visa officer sent a fax to you.

Please advise as it is really important.

Thanks.

Hi discforum1

I used regular paper. No special format. I put my file number on top of the letter followed by Attention: "the name of the visa officer", then the address of the Canadian consulate. Then I wrote the inquiry. At the bottom of the letter I put my contact information (fax#, tel #, email, mailing address) and signed the letter. I guess they responded to me by fax because it is the easiest way. In your case, you can include your mailing address, tel number and maybe email. Then they can respond to you using any of the addresses you provided. Hopefully that the officer will be nice enough and will respond to you.

I hope this was helpful.

Received Passport back with stamping and landing papers.

Applied : April 30th 2002 (approx. points 72)
Receipt & Process Started : Sept. 2002
Medical Request : End of Oct. 2003 (interview waived)
Medical Done : Nov, 3rd 2003
Sent FBI recertification request - mid Nov, 2003.
Received FBI recert - Begining Dec, 2003.
Sent Documents with RPRF : Around Dec, 15th 2003
Passport Request : End Dec 2003 (got a phone call from Consulate informing me to send the passport in the envelope they sent!)
Sent Passport : Jan 9th, 2004 ( Used USPS Express Mail for both sides )
Received Passport back : Jan 20th, 2004 (Visa valid till Nov 1st, 2004)

Good luck to all.

Planing to land in July/Aug 2004. I will post my landing exp.

Thank you very much to all for sharing your PR process experience.

It will be great if someone could update the tracker. Thanks.

Got landing papers

Hi,
I received my stamped passports today.
My timeline:

Applied: 25th Feb 2002
AOR - July 17th 2002
Assessment: 26th June 2003 (Medicals done earlier)
Request for Passport: 7th Jan
Received passport: 22nd Jan
Visa valid until: Dec. 2004
My medicals had already expired last Dec. (2003). But it seems if the medicals are clear and the person hasn't left Canada since his medicals, then the medical expiry date is not an issue.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for all the help and support.

Satish

Hi

My situation seems to be worse than all. I applied in dec 2001, got file number in feb 2002, got a letter that case is transferred to LA, got medical papers but was asked to wait for 7-10 months. Did not wait for that long, did the medicals and sent them. Got CAIPS done, my medical is there, but my husband's(which he did from India) was nowhere mentioned. So got another medical done on the photocopy that he took of the original medical paper.
In CAIPS it says that file has been put in the storage area, and will be picked up on 9th March.

I don't know what is going on. Anybody in the same boat, what should I do, I sent a FAX to buffalo, but no response, this was long back.

Any help, suggestion would help.

Thanks

Re: Got landing papers

How come u got it today, in your earlier message u had said that u got it today i.e 16th jan.

u had said that u fedexed them on the 8th so that it reached them on the 9th and u got it back on the 16th.

Originally posted by satishjha73
Hi,
I received my stamped passports today.
My timeline:

Applied: 25th Feb 2002
AOR - July 17th 2002
Assessment: 26th June 2003 (Medicals done earlier)
Request for Passport: 7th Jan
Received passport: 22nd Jan
Visa valid until: Dec. 2004
My medicals had already expired last Dec. (2003). But it seems if the medicals are clear and the person hasn't left Canada since his medicals, then the medical expiry date is not an issue.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for all the help and support.

Satish

caips note question

Hello there

I had a question . After waiting for so long I am planning to get my caips notes. My question : is it reliable to request it from the www.caipsnotes.com website. What I mean is that can u trust these people because I beleive u have to give them all ur info like file number, personal details , and stuff like that. Can these people or someone in their staff misuse our information or play some prank on our behalf....

Please share ur experience

Thanks.

request stranger1

Stranger1

THanks for all the info u have been giving. Do u have the letter that u can me a copy of. I was thinking of how to frame the words but if I have reference of ur copy it will really help then I would know exactly how do I need to frame the words. I just need the core contents of the letter . i.e. things which address the same issues that I am having except I will fill in my details .

Thanks.

Hi anshu

My posts have been a bit confusing-my apologies.
my case is thru a lawyer who is in vancouver while I am in Mississauga. HE got the stamped passports on 16th and he then mailed them to me, hence the 2 different dates.

Also, I landed yesterday. Since I was in Canada anyway, I corssed the Niagra falls bridge to USA and returned immediately without crossing over inot USA.

The US guys asked me if I have anything to declare-I said "No"
They asked me to pull my car over and go to a customs clearance desk-gave me an orange slip. I was out in about 20 mins. No questions asked.

I came to the Canadian side. The immigration officials told me that my pcitures that Buffalo had sent are not as per specs. They took pics on the spot (for PR Card), I gave them the 'Goods to follow' list with pics of my wife's jewellery. They stamped each of the pics and the 'Goods to follow list'. I am supposed to carry that with me when I bring the decalred goods. There is no time limit on when I can bring it in.

I did not have sufficient funds at entry but all they asked me was how much money I had in my pocket - I said 50 canadian dollars, and that is what they entered on the papers.
I had also driven my own car-they asked if the car was bought in Canada-I said yes and that was enough.

That's it. Best of luck to all of you.
Satish