Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Re: congrats dcecil! what's the e-client status?

Originally posted by hqusa
could u let us know what yoru case's e-client status now?
The status is now "Decision Made". If you click on that, I have
-----------------------------------------------------
"We started processing your application on December 06, 2001.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received."
-----------------------------------------------------

I am on a work permit in Canada. I had done a medical for my work permit extension last June. When I got the letter of assessment, the status was decision made. Along with the letter of assessment and request for a couple of pending documents, they had sent medical instructions also. So I sent a fax to buffalo asking if the work permit medical was valid for this too (actually it was the same tests). I never got a reply, but in a couple of weeks, the status was changed back to "In process". So I did the medical again. I am assuming that without sending the fax, if I had just sent the pending documents, I would have got the request for passport earlier. If not it was good that I did not wait for their reply and did the medical again because the previous medical would have expired this June. The medical has to be valid till you land. I never got a reply from Buffalo for my fax.

In any case, the status does not seem to be a 100% reliable. There seems to be some issues with that. When I applied for my work permit extension, I had given my cousin's address because I was not at my house during the day, and had requested to send the documents to my cousin's address. So after that, the eclient status reflected my cousin's address even though the work permit had nothing to do with Buffalo. The work permit extension is done at Vegreville,Alberta. I did not want to change that back to my house address again. But the request for passport letter came to my old address. So the address shown in the eclient status screen was not used by Buffalo.

For the value of property to be imported into Canada

I will pack my stuffs up once our passports stamped comes in. I am not clear what the value of our belongings is allowed to import into Canada without paying Customs duty. I shall be very appreciative if you guys would like to share your experience and knowledge with me.:confused:

congrats dcecil

HI, Dcecil

I have the exactly same starting date (Dec 06) with you and I do wait for 6 months (did my med end of april).

My e-client still says "In process"

Still waiting for the passport req. what a long wait!!!

BTW, does anyone receive the receipt from Buffallo regarding the
RPRF???

Last edited by a moderator:
For andrew_an_ge,

Mailed in RPRF mid May and have not received a receipt.

I'm a Nov 2001 applicant and did medicals in May 2003.
Still nothing from Buffalo......

For Desi,

Have you heard anything as of late???

To Pitt,andrew

Hi Nita, Andrew,
No news here. No change in e-client status, no receipts of ROLF. ( did medicals in feb/03 )
Looks liks immigration office behaves same way in every country. Just wait & watch !! I sent them few faxes. Haven't heard anything either.

My bro-in-law applied in april02... haven't received his initial assessment.

Have fun,
Desi145

desi145

Hi desi145,

can you please tell how many years you have passed here in USA. just guessing if you have spent more years in USA, application processes faster.

I can guess you are from India. is it true ?? are you on H1-B ??

Thanks,
Rama.

To Rama

Hi Rama,
Yes I am from India. Currently on H1.
I did MSEE, and has been in USA since almost 7 yrs.
It maybe true that if you spent more years in US, the background check is pretty fast. But number of years " to be considered more or less " is all relative.

You think, Maybe that's why they tell some to do medicals within 90 days and others to wait for 6 months ?

Regards,
Desi145

Hi,

I got my Canada PR assessment from the Canadian consulate, Buffalo. Initailly I applied as single, later on when I got married, I added my wife's name to my application.

I came to the US in 1998 on H1B. First time I applied for Canadian PR in 1999, but did not get a chance to exercise my landing papers. Ilost that oppertunity due to the problems with my H1B papers and visa. Pretty stupid of me, huh! I, again, applied for PR in the last week of March 2002, got my file number in August 2002, and initial assessment on July 5, 2003. They asked us to take medical tests with in 60 days from the date on the assessment letter. And also they asked us to provide letter from current employer, my current immigration status in the US, and FBI no criminal record--only for principle applicant. The above certificates should be provided with in 90 days from the date on the assessment letter, which is July 2nd. By the way, the letter also states that there won't be any interview for now. And they did not ask me for documention to substantiate my English skills. Lucky me. :)

Since I applied when I was single, they printed "single" at the marital status on my medical docs; however, my wife's medical docs states she is married. I believe I need to point that out when I send the above mention certificates to the consulate. I hope it's not gonna be a problem.

I wish you all good luck in your pursuing of Canadian PR. I would like to convey my apperciation to all of you who shared your information with all of us to give us sense of direction.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
my file status remains unknown

Guys,
Please help!
I appiled in Feb 2002 and received my file number in July 2002. Since then I have heard nothing even though others in the queue that have applied or received their files numbers after me have already got a preliminary assessment.
Is their any number that I can call and ask about the status of my file? The e-client status shows "In Process".
Satish

To Satish

Hi Satish,
There are phone numbers on cic website. I tried them, didnt help. But I heard if you send them a fax they usually reply. I tried that couple of times, but no luck.
Anyway, you can use following numbers.
fax# 716-852-2477
phone# 716-858-9501

Hope this helps you.

Satishjha

I think it looks like they are processing the cases for whom they want updated documents.

Your case is different. since you are staying in Canada and have more points. It looks like they don't want any updated documents from you.

This is only guess.

Ramkum

For Ramkum

Hi Ramkum,
I hope you are right. However, it sure would feel nice to hear something from them just to get the feeling that SOMEONE IS working on the file.
Thnx for the positive words-every bit helps.
Satish

Right to Permanent Residence Fee

I received my assessemnt in Nov 02 where they asked for RPRF of $975 CAD or $635 USD. I was planning on paying the fee now, but I am not sure as to how many USD I should pay. Are we supposed to match the exact currency rate (that would make it $693 USD today, very different from the one mentioned in my assessment letter) ? Or is the USD figure something that Canadian immigration people update on regular basis ?

Bufallo RPC has update their website this morning.They are currently assessing April 2002 Applications and issuing file# for April 2003 applications

Guys,
I applied for PR under the skilled labor category from Buffalo.Got my file number in Feb 2003.
My wife and I wish to take a tour of Toronto and Niagra falls. Is it ok if I apply for a tourist visa for Canada. Does my PR application have a negetive impact on my tourist visa.

BTW
My H1B is valid until Jan 2005.

Thanks,

That should not be an issue. I have an immigration application pending with Buffalo at present but was issued a student authorisation very recently. On the student visa application, I mentioned that I have an immigration application pending. Looks like they don't have a problem with that.

Have a nice holiday.

What website is this?

Originally posted by fizalk
Bufallo RPC has update their website this morning.They are currently assessing April 2002 Applications and issuing file# for April 2003 applications