Buffalo Tracker (please add)

JRFF: I think you answered most of your questions but regarding the landinf fee, I will just put their letter on top and mail in whatever they asked for. Good luck

Applied Canada immigration on Nov 2004 didn't receive anything yet

Hi,
Applied Canada permanent immigration on first week of Nov 2004. So far I didn't receive any confirmation yet. It is more then 2 months. How should I contact them to find the status. Where my application reached or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

No PP Request yet

Applied in September 2003. Interview was waived and I got a letter for submission of medicals and additional documents. I submitted medicals in July '04 and all requested documents in September '04. But I have not heard back from them at all. I must sent atleast a dozen or more fax requests for status update. Anybody else in the same situation ? Will ordering CAIP notes help ?

thanks

Johar,
Do you think the cashier's check from the US Bank will do, instead of sending Postal Money Orders.

Johar Ali said:
JRFF: I think you answered most of your questions but regarding the landinf fee, I will just put their letter on top and mail in whatever they asked for. Good luck

zbitz said:
Applied in September 2003. Interview was waived and I got a letter for submission of medicals and additional documents. I submitted medicals in July '04 and all requested documents in September '04. But I have not heard back from them at all. I must sent atleast a dozen or more fax requests for status update. Anybody else in the same situation ? Will ordering CAIP notes help ?

thanks
I am a month behind you meaning my medicals Aug and doc October. Not heard anything yet. Not faxed them either. Ordered CAIPS notes last week. I also paid ROLF/Landing fee and have not gotten any confirmation either. Do we get a receipt or something for the fee. I sent money orders so I assume they have them cashed already. Anyone with any suggessions. Thanks

JRFF said:
Johar,
Do you think the cashier's check from the US Bank will do, instead of sending Postal Money Orders.
I think you should be fine with the bank/cashier check but money orders are cheaper. The only problem with the postal money order is that tracking will cost you like 3 dollars.

validity of visa stamp

HI all:

I got my IA in Nov. 2004 and interview was waived. I did my medicals in Dec. 2004 and mailed additional documents and landing fess. Now I am waiting for passport request.

To my understanding medicals are valid for 1 year from the date of exams.

Once I get the passport request, how much time I got to mail the passport, 60 days, more or less?

Once passport is stamped how long this stamp is valid, 6 months or same as expiry date of medicals?

thanks

finger printing forms

Can some one please let me know, how can I get the FBI finger printing forms? Do I need to call some number to get the forms? I went to local police station, but no luck to find them yet.

Thanks in advance.

Ia

ANY IA RECENTLY.ANY ONE GOT IA ?????????????????????????????????????????.I checked in yogi99.com looks like no updates
applied 4/4/04 AOR 5/13/04 waiting for IA.

Sree_Manikanta said:
Can some one please let me know, how can I get the FBI finger printing forms? Do I need to call some number to get the forms? I went to local police station, but no luck to find them yet.

Thanks in advance.
Depends on yur area. There are other posts about this issue on this forum and are area specific. If you are asking about the area around St. Louis, I will post details for most areas you can find info on this forum. Just use some search words and you will get hits otherwise post specific area so people can help out.

Chicagopain: people who applied in April are getting their IA so you should be getting yours soon. I found this on yogi799. However, not everyone come to visit these forums.

To those waiting for PP requests

I sent all my requested documents in early May 2004(because of FBI fingerprint delays). I had done medicals in Feb2004. I received PP request only in mid Nov 2004. So it looks like they are taking upto 6 months after document submission to issue PP request. I too became nervous and had ordered CAIPS notes and saw the Bring forward date was in Oct 2004. I received PP req 1 month after that. I remember that another person also had his PP req 1 month after Bring forward date. So ordering CAIPS notes 3-4 months after sending req documents could help ease the anxiety. I dont think Buffalo responds to fax. Once they even sent me a fax saying - Dont send any more faxes, it will slow down your application!!!

Hope this helps.

sapota1 said:
I sent all my requested documents in early May 2004(because of FBI fingerprint delays). I had done medicals in Feb2004. I received PP request only in mid Nov 2004. So it looks like they are taking upto 6 months after document submission to issue PP request. I too became nervous and had ordered CAIPS notes and saw the Bring forward date was in Oct 2004. I received PP req 1 month after that. I remember that another person also had his PP req 1 month after Bring forward date. So ordering CAIPS notes 3-4 months after sending req documents could help ease the anxiety. I dont think Buffalo responds to fax. Once they even sent me a fax saying - Dont send any more faxes, it will slow down your application!!!

Hope this helps.
Thanks this is very helpfull. But also discouraging, it seems like it took a little less than a year from the medicals to get PP request. Is it pretty common ro was it because you were faxing them very often and annoyed them... I am under the impression of getting PP request any day and had my medicals done in August and docs sent in October. Am I too optimistic then....?

PP sent on Jan 10th

I have sent my PP on Jan 10th for Passport stamping to Buffalo. Anyone know how much times takes ? they mention in letter that it takes 15 days. but anyone is waiting for PP back from stamping

To Johar

I dont think my case was processed in the normal time frame. It took more than I expected it to take. I think it was mainly because of the FBI fingerprint delays that I missed the 60 day window for submitting documents slightly. I think that triggered a delay as it missed the window in which CIC would take a look at the case. The fact that I sent multiple faxes & that they faxed me back mentioning that sending faxes slows down process is actually even listed in my CAIPS notes!!. So I could have annoyed a few people at CIC Buffalo. But It worked out ok at the end as I was able to land during the Dec holidays and morover the weather was tolerable at that time too.

JRFF said:
Hi,
Got a question about landing fee.
Please post a link if a new landing fee is enforced (according to the latest conversion), because when a IA sent to me, it mentioned about 715 USD but I heard it is changed.

- JRF.

In my IA letter, dated 28-Dec-04, landing fee is metioned as $975 CDN or $ 820 US. ?