Boston Regional DOL Tracker

1993Megh and SunRay

hi,

are you sure someone attends the phone 617-565-4446 on Mon, Wed and Fri from 2-5 pm

I have been calling this number for last two weeks and nobody answered the phone.

Thanks
Bju

Approval

Just got notified that my labor cert got approved by Boston DOL. Here's my info:

EB2 / RIR processing
MA SESA PD = 7/6/2001
Forwarded to Boston DOL around 6/24/2002
Received approval notice 8/5/2002

I do not know exact RD and AD, but assuming that AD was around 8/1/2002 and will try to find out RD.

It seems like things are moving along pretty well for Boston DOL!

:)

Good luck

AAL,

Hang in there - you should be close. Did you find out if your case has moved to DOL yet?

It seems like DOL is processing in a somewhat unpredictable order, not strictly in the order the applications were received. But generally, it seems like they have cleared most of their backlog and most applications are processed within two months of receipt.

Re: Approval

Originally posted by neverendingstory
Just got notified that my labor cert got approved by Boston DOL.

Congrats neverendingstory !! Looks like DOL is racing along... You story (at least scene 1) finally came to an end, and at a right time too !! You can file concurrent 485 with your 140 ! Aint that great ?

Good luck !

Did anyone tried to call boston DOL recently?

Hi all,

Did anyone try to call boston DOL at 617-565-4446

Nobody answers the phone now.

thanks
bju

help in SESA thread

Hi,
Sorry to post here, but would one of the folks that used to post updates to the MA SESA tracker thread, take the trouble at least weekly or fortnightly to post updates to that thread also or advise someone on how to do so. We are suffering from a total lack of updates there and would greatly appreciate any help. The last update (with company names, # of positions, etc) was more than a few weeks ago.
Thanks much

How long for NOF response to be processed

Hi all-
My NOF response was filed on 8/5 (EB2, RIR). Any idea how long they are taking to process a NOF response.

Others whose NOFs have been filed- can you respond so that we can track how long tehy may be taking to process NOFs

Thanks

Pikachu - how's I-140 going?

Thanks.

How are you doing in I-140 land? I have noticed a complete slow down there now, it seems like they process everything and then stops for 9 months or so... Do you have any idea how they are moving along?

I haven't quite decided whether to do CP or I-485 processing. On one hand I like CP because I think I will get an interview pretty qucikly (Scandinavia), but on the other hand I-485 is now a good option too. Before concurrent processing was a possibility, the decision was easy for me, but now the two options seem pretty similar. CP seems to be a little faster, but I-485 seems to be a little safer... What are your thoughts on that?

Labor cleared

Hi All,

My labor is certified. I got a mail from my company saying this yesterday. I don't know when it was actually certified. But i think it is either on 7/17/02 or 7/31/02.

My priority date was 7/13/2001. Looks like it is moving fast after a long wait!!

Is I-140 current in vermont now?

Thanks SUNRAY and Meg923 for your help.

Best of luck to everyone
thanks
bju

I-140 not current

bju,

Congratulations.

Unfortunately Vermont is not current. "Data Entry" is current, with just means that they do not have a backlog in the registration process (your ND should be close to your RD, in other words). But the actually processing is still delayed, and at the moment it seems like this delay is 3 - 6 months.

Well, we are part of the way there, but still a long way to go! Good luck everyone. :)

Labor Clearance

Hi All,

I filed my LC in Nov 2001 in Boston. I don't know how many days are required to approve it. I checked DOL processing time on many sites and found out that they are processing Nov.2001 cases . Are there any chances of getting my LC approved soon ?

I have one more question regarding work permit(EAD) for my spouse . I heard that these days according to new rule I can get EAD card within a day after filing I-485 . Is it true ? If not then what is the approximate time period of getting it ?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Priyam

Re: Pikachu - how's I-140 going?

Originally posted by neverendingstory
How are you doing in I-140 land?

Before concurrent processing was a possibility, the decision was easy for me, but now the two options seem pretty similar.

After an hellish labor, 140 was smooth for me. I got it in 6 weeks after applying !! So while I keep in touch with this board I dont even visit the 140 board to see whats going on. But I do beleive they are taking longer than 6 weeks now...

CP v/s AOS is a tough choice now. Personally, if there was a guarantee of a 140 approval in 6-8 weeks, I guess I would still go with CP but what worries me is that the INS may now start to just put 140's on hold since they have become non-critical in the sense that non-adjuducation of 140's do not prevent a person from applying for AOS.

Right now we dont know if the INS will approve all 140's as before, only approve CP option 140's or stop all ! With the uncertainity, IMHO concurrent AOS would be a safer bet.

PS.. disclaimer : I'm personally in the middle of the CP process.

CP

Pikachu,

Amazing - you got your I-140 very quickly. I hope for 3 months, and since I would travel to Scandinavia for the CP interview, I still think that is faster for me. Of course, the risk is that I-140 will take longer now, but the I-485 is 12 months as well....

I think I am going with CP, although a little more unsafe, it may be faster. If it turns out that was bad bet - it was fate!

Let me know how your CP goes, and if you have any good advice. Good Luck! Thanks for the many updates in the past.

For priyam: As far as I know, your spouse has to wait 90 days for the EAD, but if that has changed I didn't hear about it. With regards to your LC, I am not sure if you filed the SESA on Nov, or if your SESA LC got transferred to Boston DOL. Boston DOL claims they are still processing November 2001, but clearly they are moving much faster since my application was received by them end of June 2002 and has already been approved. However, SESA is still slow.

lcstatus01 is down

lcstatus01 is down...
If anyone is going to call DOL, please inform them about it!
Thanks,
-krsn1

SESA

SESA is the State level DOL. first, you Labor Certification application goes to SESA. Next it goes to the Regional DOL. The combined wait time for those seems to be 10 months + 2 months + 2 months = 14 months, but it is pretty unpredictable because some Regional DOL applications seem to take longer than 2 months.

Good Luck

The MA Sesa thread is dying after Sunray, Cube,pikachu , neverendingstory left... if somebody let us know where/how to get the info. we can post it there....