Boston Regional DOL Tracker

SESA

narsingbidar999,

Probably you knew all this before, but just in case, and for others, I will post what I know here:

Unfortunately, the DOL email system has not been working right for a while, so that's part of the problem.

I used to call 617-626-5365 to check SESA status. Unfortunately it only gives the range of dates they are processing, but I believe that is pretty accurate. You can get the same information on http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

For DOL, There are two things you can do:

Send an email to LCSTATUS01@doleta.gov. he body of the message should be:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

Unfortunately, this email system has not been working for a while, but maybe it is working better soon.

Finally, there is a phone number to call: 617-565-2191. You can enter your case # or company phone number to find the status. However, I tried that a few times and was never able to find my application... :-(

So a lot of these don't work right, etc, which makes it really hard to find out your status. Basically, there is no magic bullet. I would recommend two things:

1. Encourage everyone to always post the dates when they got approved, and that will also let you track status by virtue of actual approvals.

2. Combine the SESA and Boston DOL discussion boards into one, that will give you more activity on both.

Good luck!

I'm off to I-140 neverending processs... But I will still check this board anyways.

neverendingstory

Thanx for the info. neverendingstory....

FYI - My details...

PD - 11/19/2001 applied in RIR...

Per SESA...they are processing for

RIR - 10/22/2001 - 11/20/2001
Non RIR - 04/30/2001...

Keep this thread alive friends :)

finally case has entered DOL

After a long wait, I'm glad to move on to this thread today.

DOL RD: 7/29/2002
MA SESA PD: 8/8/2001

The lady at the DOL said "it could take anywhere between 6-9 months for it to clear DOL. Could be sooner"
Those were her exact words.

Hope it's much faster!!!

could be sooner

bostonguy5746,

6-9 months is their official answer, but if other cases is any indication, it will hopefully be quicker than that (I have seen several people, including me) that went through DOL in less than 2 months. However, it seems like the processing time is really inconsistent and some cases take longer.

Good luck!:)

dol processing times

NeverEndingStory
I hope you are right and this step takes 2 months only.

I wonder if you or anyone could answer this question. If you look at most websites, they say that what's being processed for RIR is Nov 2001. Are these websites not getting updated?

http://www.murthy.com/labdate.html

What is H2A and H2B in these websites?

Thanks

MA SESA PD ?

Hi friends,

Since MA SESA thread sooner dead then alive I post my question here...

Just want to share my information w/ you and maybe someone could give me any estimation when my case could be processed.

My company filed LCA Part A with MA SESA Sep 14th of 2001. Case number is 2001159??.

And... they filed Part B on November 20th of 2001. When I ask them about Priority Date at SESA they keep saying that PD is Nov 20... Is this could be true ?

Is there anyone, with the case number close to mine, who has an idea when this case could be processed...

FYI, I've tried to use automated system, but I couldn't find any case for my company ( small consulting ), even though I know that there is a couple of guys who should be entered DOL long time back...

I would appreciate any information, especially if someone could check the system directly I could give the company name, phone numbers, complete case number, etc...

Thanks in advance,
GCG.

I am out of here

Today I’ve been certified by DOL.

EB2 RIR

MA SESA PD: 06/15/01
DOL RD:06/26/02
DOL CD:08/12/02

All The Best to everyone.

My Case Approved

Hi guys,
My case has been approved.

MA SESA PD: 09/10/01
DOL RD: 07/25/02
DOL CD: 08/07/02

The Funny thing is, when I spoke to the DOL lady on 08/06/02 she told me that my case is gonna be approved by November. In fact, it took 1 day for the approval after I spoke to her.

Anyways, I am very excited guys, I really don't think that the 6 months time span they are giving is not right.

Good Luck !!

Meet you in I140 ...... :)

MA SESA case number & PD

Congrats Cube and infg20,

infg20, could you please post your MA SESA case number,
or just part of it... If you look at Boston's tracker I posted my SESA number, just wanted to find out estimated PD date...

Thanks,
GCG

Congrats Cube and infg20!

Congratulations guys,

Especially you Cube, u deserve a couple of beers tonight as you have been keeping this thread and the spirit alive for a long time.

Welcome to I-140/I-485 section, be ready to do a big time preparations for the I-140/I-485 documents.

Good Luck for I-140/I485!!!!!!

Congrats Cube and infg20!

Congratulations guys...

the funny thing is DOL processing time. less than 2 weeks for Infg20..... its unbeliavable.

Cube, you did a good job in MA SESA and best of luck with 140/485... any plan if you r going to file both together..?

7th year extension

Guys,
My RD at SESA is Nov 25, 2001 and my 6 year period is ending in Feb, 2003. Can I hope that I can get my LC done by Jan, 2003 atleast?
If not can I apply for 7th year extension before getting my LC cleared? I am getting conflicting answers on this question from different sources. As usual my attorney does not reply for these ?s.
Also can I claim the 4 months period that I stayed out of USA in my 6 year H1B?
Pls provide some info on this.

Thanks in advance

dol processing times

infg20
Wow..THat's really fast. Can you tell me the first few digits of your DOL Case no. was?
Are you in EB1 category?
Thanks
Boston guy

Congrats to Cube and infg20!

Thanks CUbe for all your posts on MA SESA and DOL!
Goodluck with I-140/485!
-krsn1

Please update your status

Friends:
If your PD at MA SESA is between April 2001 through November 2001, please post your most current info!
I recommend the following format:

PD 10/19/02; EB2-RIR; waiting at MA SESA

Other scenarios:
if your case is in Boston DOL please include the Receipt Date (RD) at Boston DOL
if your labor has been certified, please include both RD and Certification Date (CD) if you had NOF or RFE, please include the appropriate dates...
and DOL Case number (omit the last two digits)

For example:
PD 04/01/01; EB3-RIR; RD 04/01/02; RFE 05/01/02, replied 05/15/02; CD 06/01/02; Cs # (only first 6 digits)

PLEASE STICK TO THE FORMAT!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help and give hope to others who are waiting in this seemingly interminable line!

-krsn1
:)

DOL Procesing times

bostonguy,

The websites are updated, and Nov 2001 is actually the official date from DOL for RIR, that is the date they publish and that's the date they will tell those who call. However, they are actually processing most applications much faster. I think that there is great discrepancy between the fastest and the slowest, they are not processing strictly in the order applications were received. So there are probably a bunch of applications processed now that were received in Nov 2001 - but most applications are processed quicker.

H1A and H1B are temporary work visas, and they have nothing to do with the Labor Certification for the green card. The H1 visas are processed very quickly. BTW, what kind of visa are you on?

Hope that answers your questions.

NEstory

Re: 7th year extension

Originally posted by Nov01RIR
Guys,
My RD at SESA is Nov 25, 2001 and my 6 year period is ending in Feb, 2003. Can I hope that I can get my LC done by Jan, 2003 atleast?
If not can I apply for 7th year extension before getting my LC cleared? I am getting conflicting answers on this question from different sources. As usual my attorney does not reply for these ?s.
Also can I claim the 4 months period that I stayed out of USA in my 6 year H1B?
Pls provide some info on this.

Thanks in advance

Cube and everyone else that got approved: congratulations! And Cube, many thanks for the many posts from you. BTW, which I-140 tracker will you use?

Nov01RIR, As far as I know (I am NOT a lawyer), you are supposed to file your I-140 and wait one more month until you can get 7th year H1B. However, I heard about someone who was able to do it during Labor Cert processing, but I am not sure about that case. However, I do believe that you can claim the 4 months put of the country (and any other time) which should more than likely be enough in your case. What I am not sure about is if you need to file for extension of the H1B though, to get that new expiration date on your passport.

So it doesn't sound you are in too much trouble, provided that you are able to address the H1B extension...
Good Luck!

never ending story,
i'm on h1b visa and on eb2
on that website I mentioned earlier, they claimed h2a and h2b were fast.

another colleague of mine who has an PD of 8/8/01 also has a
RD of 7/29/02, similar to mine.
i guess they process people from the same company and similar position together???

H2A and H2b

bostonguy,

Sorry - I mistyped, I meant H2A and H2B (not H1A and H1B).

H2A is Agricultural Labor

H2B is Other Temporary Labor

I am not sure why the show processing times for there categories and not other... But they are fast, since they are temporary visas.

I am not sure if they process people from the same company together, but I doubt it. They may process job category together, but my guess is that there is no specific logic to it. There was some speculation that IT jobs were processed slower, but I don't think that is the case either. I do think there is a slightly higher denial rate for IT jobs due to the job market, but I guess everything is relative.