Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Has the Federal labor slowed?

Does anyone else feel that the Federal labor processing in Boston DOL has slowed down recently? If so, any reasons why?

PD march 22

GC23 said:
Actually my Priority date(PD) is Oct 2004 and entered in dol system date is Mar 22

GC23,

Please do not mistake me for asking the same question again.
Can you please tell me the following.
Date/Month Labor Applied :
Date/Month moved to Boston DOL :
Date/Month entered into the Boston DOL System :

Why I am asking this question is that, I was told by someone
that Boston DOL is not accepting any cases (SWA approved) that
they receive after Feb 01 2005. All these applications are
directly sent to Backlong centers.
All I want to know did your case move to Boston on March 22
or If entered into the system on March 22, then when did it reach
Boston DOL.

I have entered the dates below

orangs said:
GC23,

Please do not mistake me for asking the same question again.
Can you please tell me the following.
Date/Month Labor Applied : 24th Oct 2004
Date/Month moved to Boston DOL : 26th Feb 2005
Date/Month entered into the Boston DOL System : 22nd Mar 2005

Why I am asking this question is that, I was told by someone
that Boston DOL is not accepting any cases (SWA approved) that
they receive after Feb 01 2005. All these applications are
directly sent to Backlong centers.
All I want to know did your case move to Boston on March 22
or If entered into the system on March 22, then when did it reach
Boston DOL.

BOSTON DOL - Labor fate

My labor applied on Jan'04 through vermont center
Moved to Boston DOL on 8 Feb'05
I am not sure if my application would be proccessed by backlog center or Boston DOL would process it. Really appreciate your help..

pasupuleti said:
My labor applied on Jan'04 through vermont center
Moved to Boston DOL on 8 Feb'05
I am not sure if my application would be proccessed by backlog center or Boston DOL would process it. Really appreciate your help..

Your case will be processed in Boston DOL only. This center will be worked until end of 2005.

brs2004 said:
It looks like it does not help us ? This is for "Schedule A cases, which affects nurses and physical therapists".

I think you are right. There is no good news for us(IT guys)

Two things-
1. Boston DOL: I definetly think that Boston processing has slowed down a little on last month. I called Boston on March 24th and they said they are processing Oct end/Nov First week. I called again on April 26th and they said they are processing Nov first week. There was some slowing down on last month. But, I saw somebody got approved from Boston for a Nov 8th application. And Immigartion site shows Boston is processing Nov. So I guess they are on track now.

2. EB3 Relief: The new bill meant only for Schedule A and for recapturing only 50%(50000 limit). So it might help ending the backlog for Schedule A. The good news for others is that Schedule A(Nurses/PT) are currently sharing EB3 with general applicants. So aditional 50000 visas for Schedule A will reduce the competition in EB3. This will definetly help move the priority date much faster for EB3(if not, end the backlog for sometime, in last quarter). I really wait for the last quarter(Jul-Sep).

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston DOL

I spoke with Boston DOL, here is the update on RIR cases on EB2 they are currently processing applications with PD NOV 2004. (My application was moved to Boston DOL on March 25th 2005.)

Last edited by a moderator:
kannanguru2000 said:
I spoke with Boston DOL, here is the update on RIR cases on EB2 they are currently processing applications with PD NOV 2004. (My application was moved to Boston DOL on March 25th 2005.)

I thought they never used to process applications based on PD (Priority Date).
They have always been processing applications based on when the application got entered in the DOL system. When I called them last, they had said they are processing Jan 2005 for RIR/EB2.
By the way, which number did you call ? I have been trying to call them since 2 weeks now but cudn't get thru :(

vc_gc said:
Spoke to Boston DOL this monday, they are currently processing mid-feb 2005 for EB2-RIR

Thanks vc_gc !
What number did u call ? Can you please post the number on the board.
I tried calling 617-788-0171 . But get no response :(

Also I have not seen any January and eary Febraury approvals on this board ?
Guys, Please post to the board if you have got approvals lately .

Boston DOL contact number

Hi,

The contact number for Boston DOL is 617-788-0151 and then press 0 (zero) for extension. You will be answered.

Thanks,
Guru.

Can We Apply,
One I-140 With Current Company Labor(eb3),
Second I-140 From Different Company Labor(eb2)

Any Reply Appreciated..