Biometric Notice Received for VSC to TSC Tranffered case

My honest opinion is "yes". Your case too fits the time frame but a couple of months off. This by itself means little. The fact that you got a FP notice provides that positive spin.

some people have been waiting for NC for 3 yrs if not 4. there is simple no accurate time frame for clearing namecheck. so if ur name check got cleared after a certain time, it doesn;t mean it is thr rule.

some people have been waiting for NC for 3 yrs if not 4. there is simple no accurate time frame for clearing namecheck. so if ur name check got cleared after a certain time, it doesn;t mean it is thr rule.

I dont think you read my reply in total. I said that the fact that he also got a FP notice indicates something positive. I conjectured it as "yes". I didnt say I was certain.

Peace.

I dont think you read my reply in total. I said that the fact that he also got a FP notice indicates something positive. I conjectured it as "yes". I didnt say I was certain.

Peace.

TSC is just updating the FP thing for every case that is coming from VSC. so having a FP notice now, doesn't mean that your namecheck is cleared. TSC is not sending FP to people whose namecheck got cleared first. they are sending to everyone(stuck or not in NC).

Antoni:

"TSC is just updating the FP thing for every case that is coming from VSC"

Your above statement is incorrect. My case has been with TSC since 2005 and I received my seconde FP (code 1).

TSC is just updating the FP thing for every case that is coming from VSC. so having a FP notice now, doesn't mean that your namecheck is cleared. TSC is not sending FP to people whose namecheck got cleared first. they are sending to everyone(stuck or not in NC).

I dont agree with you too. I just called TSC and confirmed that my name check is not cleared. I have not received FP2 notice though my first one expired almost 4 months back.

Question on FP Codes

How/where on the notice, can I find which code FP notice is it for?

Thanks

I found it

Folks..

Sorry I re-opened the cover and just saw it's for CODE 1.
What does that?

I will need to check the first FP code that was done in 2005.

Thanks

question

Is there any particular sequence that they follow?

i.e. they first do FP 3 and then as an indication of file moving forward take FP1?

Or is it just random?

I do not know the significance of the code / sequence.

I dont agree with you too. I just called TSC and confirmed that my name check is not cleared. I have not received FP2 notice though my first one expired almost 4 months back.

There is a good chance you will get yours cleared up in a month or so. By and large (again my observation on this forum) NCs have had a life of 1.5-2.5 years. Yes, there are those who waited longer, but this seems like a ball park figure. The really fortunate have had it cleared within the first 3-5 months since initiation.

Good luck with the process.

There is a good chance you will get yours cleared up in a month or so. By and large (again my observation on this forum) NCs have had a life of 1.5-2.5 years. Yes, there are those who waited longer, but this seems like a ball park figure. The really fortunate have had it cleared within the first 3-5 months since initiation.

Good luck with the process.

thanks tsc_ebiOR for your kind words. I also fall in that timeframe, but unfortunate for me, my Name check has not been cleared. Hope your words come true. Wish you all the best in your GC process. Thanks.

thanks tsc_ebiOR for your kind words. I also fall in that timeframe, but unfortunate for me, my Name check has not been cleared. Hope your words come true. Wish you all the best in your GC process. Thanks.

EB1ORAug2005 : Did you try to find out why you didn't get the FP notice ? . I am also in the same boat, I have had my FP 1 done 2 years ago in March 2005 and my case was also transferred from VSC-TSC. My name check is pending from May 2004.

Though my wife got FP2.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd FP done today

No I dont think that's true in general. I am basing my conjecture on the typical length of time a particular case has been stuck in NC. Sree2005's case is almost identical to mine in terms of the wait in NC.

I had Code 3, the first time and now it is Code 1. I guess as far as FPs in this round go, if it is a Code 3 or a Code 1 (so long as a Code 3 had been done before), then you have a reason to feel positive.

My 1st FP was code 3 and 2nd FP's (just did today, but actually scheduled on 5/4/07) code 1. I am with EB3 holding a PD of march 1999 (have been waiting since Jan 2006 for approval) stuck on NC since 7/12/2005. 21 months gap between 1st and 2nd FPs. After 15 months FP usually expires. TSC sent 2nd FP after 6 months of expiring 1st FP. This is only single +ve factor for upcoming good news...Hoping that NC was cleared (not sure though).

Anything can happen..USCIS is quite eratic.

Received FP notice today - Code 3

What is the difference between code 3 vs. 1, why is it not consistent. Some are getting code 3 and for most of them they issued code 1. I think there is some kind of significance. Please reply.
I gave my first FP in 2004 and this is my 2nd one on 5/12.

What is the difference between code 3 vs. 1, why is it not consistent. Some are getting code 3 and for most of them they issued code 1. I think there is some kind of significance. Please reply.
I gave my first FP in 2004 and this is my 2nd one on 5/12.

Based on your signature, I guess after this FP (your NC is clear) you should be getting the welcome notice soon.

I changed addresss online on 04/10 and I didn't received any FP Notice to new address . Today my attorney sent a email saying that they received notices for me and my wife. She said I have to take originals and she asked me to call tomorrow to confirm whetehr they have to send to my new address.

FYI - MY case also transferred from VSC to TSC on 03/10
EB3 - Prority date - March 2004 !!!
This is second FP's . First one done on 04/2005

I changed addresss online on 04/10 and I didn't received any FP Notice to new address . Today my attorney sent a email saying that they received notices for me and my wife. She said I have to take originals and she asked me to call tomorrow to confirm whetehr they have to send to my new address.

FYI - MY case also transferred from VSC to TSC on 03/10
EB3 - Prority date - March 2004 !!!
This is second FP's . First one done on 04/2005

the one that your attorney has is also original. you can take that one.