Biometric Notice Received for VSC to TSC Tranffered case

This biometrics is a gimmick!

I am sure this is a routine, mass FP from TSC, you do not see the same trend in NSC (cases there also transferred from CSC).
Initially I thought it is for people who have cleared all NC and BC. But now I see, it was given to all transferred applications. It seems they do not believe VSC and want to update their system with new FP, I am afraid whether this people also start a name check again? I had FP code 1 in august 2006, so is not even one year to expire, but scheduled the third FP for next week. what else you can guess about this FP. You may look at FP notice date is mostly on april 19 or 18. Can you imagine that hundreds ( or may be thousands, assume we have 10 % of people in this forum of all the applicant) of applications are infront of adjudicatos to issue a final FP in a day or two. This is my guess.
so no need to get excited of this situation!!!!!!!

My case has been with TSC and not transferred from VSC, and received FP (code 1). How can we explain that?
Could it be a routine update like the mass LUDs in Sept and Oct last year at TSC?

I am sure this is a routine, mass FP from TSC, you do not see the same trend in NSC (cases there also transferred from CSC).
Initially I thought it is for people who have cleared all NC and BC. But now I see, it was given to all transferred applications. It seems they do not believe VSC and want to update their system with new FP, I am afraid whether this people also start a name check again? I had FP code 1 in august 2006, so is not even one year to expire, but scheduled the third FP for next week. what else you can guess about this FP. You may look at FP notice date is mostly on april 19 or 18. Can you imagine that hundreds ( or may be thousands, assume we have 10 % of people in this forum of all the applicant) of applications are infront of adjudicatos to issue a final FP in a day or two. This is my guess.
so no need to get excited of this situation!!!!!!!
Lets take it like this, MAY BE
1- this time, FP results will be saved in newly designed computer system
2- old FP results unsaved, lost control, untraceable
3- to speed up processing USCIS/FBI agree to have new FP taken and process them in newly designed systems
4- old cases have to be cleared before new fee structure
5- USCIS determined to eliminate backlog
6- FBI has already started to eliminate backlog
7- it is a policy change, political climate change, good time for us.
8- more focus given to PD and old cases to clear
9- May be, may be, . . .
10. USCIS knows better.

But it is good that files are alive and there is a progress. It happened in March-June 2005, lots of applicant got approvals then it stoped.
In my opinion, it does not make sense to recapture FPs, spend money on the these efforts to put the cases back into the backlog shelves. There something is cooking to get rid of old cases. Be patient. Goodluck. I have been waiting for years, and do so, but if I do get it early what would be a joy... More than this, we are all together to share again.

Process Involved

Hello,
I got Biometrics Appointment yesterday also for my spouse, it says CODE 3.
Is this just finger printing or is there any other procedure involved in it???.
Kids under 12 still don't get biometrics right????
What is the difference between CODE 1 and CODE 3

good points

Lets take it like this, MAY BE
1- this time, FP results will be saved in newly designed computer system
2- old FP results unsaved, lost control, untraceable
3- to speed up processing USCIS/FBI agree to have new FP taken and process them in newly designed systems
4- old cases have to be cleared before new fee structure
5- USCIS determined to eliminate backlog
6- FBI has already started to eliminate backlog
7- it is a policy change, political climate change, good time for us.
8- more focus given to PD and old cases to clear
9- May be, may be, . . .
10. USCIS knows better.

But it is good that files are alive and there is a progress. It happened in March-June 2005, lots of applicant got approvals then it stoped.
In my opinion, it does not make sense to recapture FPs, spend money on the these efforts to put the cases back into the backlog shelves. There something is cooking to get rid of old cases. Be patient. Goodluck. I have been waiting for years, and do so, but if I do get it early what would be a joy... More than this, we are all together to share again.

You make good points. I too feel the FP process is more expensive to go through the hassle and then shelve everything but then Government services are known for these excesses. BTW, my case has always been with TSC. Keeping fingers crossed.

FP 2nd code 1; Transfer from VSC to TSC

Notice date April 18 from TSC. By the way does anyone know if the transfer from VSC to TSC resulted in new priority dates for us?

No, Priority date is still the same. I had received a letter (dated March 26)from USCIS HQ in response to a status inquiry by my attorney - it mentioned that my priority date was January 31, 2005. My transfer notices also mention the same receipt date.

I had also read on the AILA website that the priority dates/receipt dates will be preserved - i.e. whenever USCIS received it - NOT when TSC received it after transfer.

Fp2

I received the FP notice on Saturday, Apr 28. it is dated April 19.

Second FP for me, wife and son(Code 1 for all 3)

andy

I don't know whether I put it on this thread or no, I got my FP on 30th April.
--Naveen Oshos

name check is like "black hole"

well is ur namecheck cleared? if so, then u should hear good news soon otherwise you are not done yet.

Per previous check with TSC(a month back) is that my name was pending since 7/12/05. Don't know if that's cleared in last few weeks or not. My 2nd FP was done after 21 months of 1st FP. Have a little hope based on 2nd AP.

Will find out the status with TSC today and update u all.

Hi sree,

You are the first one in this forum who did FP2. If there is a trend possibly we should start seeing approvals from TSC. Hope for the best

Good luck

Per previous check with TSC(a month back) is that my name was pending since 7/12/05. Don't know if that's cleared in last few weeks or not. My 2nd FP was done after 21 months of 1st FP. Have a little hope based on 2nd AP.

Will find out the status with TSC today and update u all.

I am pretty sure, your NC got cleared last month.

Hi tsc eb1or,

do you think whoever has got FP2 their NC got cleared. Then why there are different kinds of FP code members have got. any idea?

Hi tsc eb1or,

do you think whoever has got FP2 their NC got cleared. Then why there are different kinds of FP code members have got. any idea?

No I dont think that's true in general. I am basing my conjecture on the typical length of time a particular case has been stuck in NC. Sree2005's case is almost identical to mine in terms of the wait in NC.

I had Code 3, the first time and now it is Code 1. I guess as far as FPs in this round go, if it is a Code 3 or a Code 1 (so long as a Code 3 had been done before), then you have a reason to feel positive.

Hi eb-1

my details are

FP1 done Oct. 2005 (code 3)
I-485 filed sep. 2005
Eb-2 niw & EB-1EA approved

what do you think? am I close?

Hi eb-1

my details are

FP1 done Oct. 2005 (code 3)
I-485 filed sep. 2005
Eb-2 niw & EB-1EA approved

what do you think? am I close?

My honest opinion is "yes". Your case too fits the time frame but a couple of months off. This by itself means little. The fact that you got a FP notice provides that positive spin.