BEC Priority Date Tracker

Congrats! Can't believe it, 5 years!
mmatravel said:
PLC is certified!! Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information provided during these last 4 (almost 5!) years. Updated info for tracker follows.

Good luck to all!!
~ mmatravel :)

MD SWA
EB2
RIR
PD: May 15, 2002
DOL RD: n/a
ETA#: P-05137-xxxxx
45-day letter received: Oct 15, 2005
45-day letter replied: Oct 21, 2005
Approval date: January 22, 2007
Total wait from PD: 4 years, 7 months, 5 days

Data Source

roma77 said:
Last update:

Guys, here is the last update from me. I've sent the data I have to PbecIsKillingMe.

You can do the comparison with old data this week and the next week guys can pick up with more cases.

Thanks & good luck to all,
Roman

Dear Roma77,

Could you please tell me if the data you are using is directly obtained from PBEC or is it from folks who are using this forum?

Thank you.

Adrian

Good News

Finally - it's my turn to share the good news -
I just applied for my 11 th year H1 extension
I logged to the web site and saw my LC application certified

PD Dec 2002
EB2 TR - NON-RIR from AZ
45 day letter received and responded in june 2005
Recruitment completed in 2003 before it was sent to SFO
It was sent to Dallas BRC in 2005
Certified - 02/07/2007

Any idea how long it will dallas take to send the original certification papers to the attorney

Good bless - and Good luck to all

Thanks
Terminator

Guys,

I couldn't stop laughing today morning when I opened Immigration-Law.com. They used our excel file as source to show backlog center statistics. They didn't mention our name officially but numbers are exactly matching our last excel file and statistic too! They just mentioned that it came through unconfirmed sources :)

May be in a week or two DOL may publish data with our excel file - they also don't trust Backlog Center's information :p

Thanks Roma77, sktripuraneni.

Worth a smile (Copy Cats) Immigration-Law.com

Our Statistics are a million times better then what they have at immigration-law,
Today I completed 5 years and 4 months of waiting for Labor Certification which is still in Process as of morning today.

This forum is only keeping me motivated to stay here otherwise I would have packed and gone back a long time ago, I have stopped working long time ago. I Just do the bare minimum to keep my Job and the GC process going on.

Retrogression

Not sure if this posting believe to this thread but you guys are excellent data crunchers and analyst can give light on this issue.

So far 67% of the case have been processed and only a 33% of those got certified. That means only 71,000 are certified as of Jan 27/ 2007
Total LC = 321,000 (159,000 DBEC + 162,000 PBEC)
Processed = 321,000 * 67% = 215,070
Certified = 215,070 * 33% = 71,000

Visa Numbers needed for the Certified cases = 71,000 * 4 = 284,000 (Assuming 4 person per family: Principal applicant, spouse and two kids which is way very conservative). Please be aware that some of those certified LC goes to the same applicant and that reduce the visa numbers needed but we can not quantify that. In my case I have two.

But those certified cases have different priority date (from 2001 to 2005). So if we distribuite evenly the cases into the years (Very conservative because there should be more cases for recent years) we can conclude they need to allocate (284,000 / 5 years) = 56,800 visa numbers per year.

There is a total of 140K /year visa numbers for EB categories but not all of them need LC. Let’s assume 40K don’t need LC (Very conservative, because only L1 Executive Managers, National waiver petition and the like don’t need LC. I don’t know about nurses today but some month ago they used to have their on quota). So there should be 140K – 40K (Don’t need LC) = 100K avalaible each year for petition that requires LC.

Retrogression started on Jan 2005 but according to these calculation there should not be any retrogression because the annual qouta is enough to satisfy the demand(56.8K visas for LC petition < 100K visa number for LC petition / year ).

It would be very nice if we can get a breakdown of the Certified LCs by priority date but I think most of them ar from 2003 on.

I will appreciate if you can add to the previous analisys.

The goods news is that cut-off dates should be moving very fast very soon!!!

Please bear in mind that one country gets only a certain percentage of the visa numbers (forgot the percentage). Also each cateogry (eb-2, eb-3) has their own limit within the total of annual visa numbers.

frestre said:
Not sure if this posting believe to this thread but you guys are excellent data crunchers and analyst can give light on this issue.

So far 67% of the case have been processed and only a 33% of those got certified. That means only 71,000 are certified as of Jan 27/ 2007
Total LC = 321,000 (159,000 DBEC + 162,000 PBEC)
Processed = 321,000 * 67% = 215,070
Certified = 215,070 * 33% = 71,000

Visa Numbers needed for the Certified cases = 71,000 * 4 = 284,000 (Assuming 4 person per family: Principal applicant, spouse and two kids which is way very conservative). Please be aware that some of those certified LC goes to the same applicant and that reduce the visa numbers needed but we can not quantify that. In my case I have two.

But those certified cases have different priority date (from 2001 to 2005). So if we distribuite evenly the cases into the years (Very conservative because there should be more cases for recent years) we can conclude they need to allocate (284,000 / 5 years) = 56,800 visa numbers per year.

There is a total of 140K /year visa numbers for EB categories but not all of them need LC. Let’s assume 40K don’t need LC (Very conservative, because only L1 Executive Managers, National waiver petition and the like don’t need LC. I don’t know about nurses today but some month ago they used to have their on quota). So there should be 140K – 40K (Don’t need LC) = 100K avalaible each year for petition that requires LC.

Retrogression started on Jan 2005 but according to these calculation there should not be any retrogression because the annual qouta is enough to satisfy the demand(56.8K visas for LC petition < 100K visa number for LC petition / year ).

It would be very nice if we can get a breakdown of the Certified LCs by priority date but I think most of them ar from 2003 on.

I will appreciate if you can add to the previous analisys.

The goods news is that cut-off dates should be moving very fast very soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to Coolmaro's reply, I would like to add that there are limits on category and country (of birth) basis. Only 7% of the available visa numbers can be allocated to a particular country. Out of 140,000 a third of the visa number is allocated to each EB category. Also, unused Visa numbers of a particular category (for the same year) will be available for the next lower category.

Also there are candidates with PD s later than the respective cutoff dates, with either I-140 / I-485 (or both) pending - I think, they are retrogressed too. In that case, these cases will add to the waiting list.

I think that's where the retrogression strikes. At the same time, EB3 category for the rest of the world is expected to move faster than countries like India and China.

Forum Member BEC Tracker

Attached is the zipped version of the latest BEC tracker from our fellow forum members. Please post for additions / updates to your info in the tracker. As before, the source of the info are PBEC, DBEC general discussions thread, this thread and LC approvals from PBEC new thread.

PBEC
knk_hyd Added (Certified)
vmukthi Added
subray Added (Certified)
saraiks Updated (Certified)
kavindrav Added
MM_67 Updated (Certified)
PALC Added (Certified)
mariner555 Updated (Certified)
TharakaG Added (Certified)
mmpatel Added (Certified)
sethuraj Added (Certified)
pmat Updated (Certified)
VT05 Updated (Certified)

DBEC
Curious7 Updated (Certified)
gconmymind Added (Certified)
neamoni Added
nn75usa Added (Certified)
terminator2004 Added (Certified)
marin_count Updated (Certified)
permanentwait Added (Certified)

WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:
STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date

RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Please add my info to the tracker

txtramdream said:
DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:
STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date

RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Please include my info in the Tracker:

User Name: adrian1
STATE SWA: Virginia
EB2 or EB3: EB2
RIR or Regular: RIR
PD - Priority date: May 8, 2002
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER": Transferred....will find out the date from the lawyer.
Regional DOL: Philadelphia DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers: P-04272-09XXX
45-day letter Date received: YES
Case Status: IN PROCESS

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Adrian

DBEC, PBEC - RIR TR stats at Immigration-Law :)

Check out today's update. The individual RIR, TR numbers for DBEC & PBEC are presented from unconfirmed source. We all know what that unconfirmed source is :)

Being in the same immigration law practice business as the sponsor of this message board I don't think it is in their best interest to quote the source and divert some traffic here. Personally I don't mind they quoting these numbers, since it will reach out to more. :)

On the other hand DOL might use this data to question the progress made by the backlog contracting companies. You never know!

StuckWithIN said:
Our Statistics are a million times better then what they have at immigration-law,
Today I completed 5 years and 4 months of waiting for Labor Certification which is still in Process as of morning today.

This forum is only keeping me motivated to stay here otherwise I would have packed and gone back a long time ago, I have stopped working long time ago. I Just do the bare minimum to keep my Job and the GC process going on.
:cool: :cool:

Case Statistics for the week ending 02/09/2007

Hello all
Attached is the new Case Statistics Spreadsheet.
As discussed last week, we have started a new spreadsheet with all the historical data generated being deleted. This was done because it has become impossible for us to report the weekly progress of the BECs as the total number of cases being pulled has been different (Reason: Different programs used by Roma and PBECIsKillingMe).
Starting this week, PBECIsKillingMe is using a different program which is capturing almost all the data for the BECs, therefore the total number of cases is not going to change from next week and we will be able to report more accurate data.
If you have any questions let us know and we will try to answer them.
Thanks

Congratulations Terminator. For me it took a few days, although I have been told it should usually come within a couple of weeks. Good luck with the future stages.

Hang in there, you have waited long enough, just a little more.

terminator2004 said:
Finally - it's my turn to share the good news -
I just applied for my 11 th year H1 extension
I logged to the web site and saw my LC application certified

PD Dec 2002
EB2 TR - NON-RIR from AZ
45 day letter received and responded in june 2005
Recruitment completed in 2003 before it was sent to SFO
It was sent to Dallas BRC in 2005
Certified - 02/07/2007

Any idea how long it will dallas take to send the original certification papers to the attorney

Good bless - and Good luck to all

Thanks
Terminator

sktripuraneni said:
Hello all
Attached is the new Case Statistics Spreadsheet.
As discussed last week, we have started a new spreadsheet with all the historical data generated being deleted. This was done because it has become impossible for us to report the weekly progress of the BECs as the total number of cases being pulled has been different (Reason: Different programs used by Roma and PBECIsKillingMe).
Starting this week, PBECIsKillingMe is using a different program which is capturing almost all the data for the BECs, therefore the total number of cases is not going to change from next week and we will be able to report more accurate data.
If you have any questions let us know and we will try to answer them.
Thanks

sktripuraneni, can you add one more column in most_active tabs? I think we should split the cases by processing type - RIR and TR. Guys, please let us know your opinion.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
sktripuraneni, can you add one more column in most_active tabs? I think we should split the cases by processing type - RIR and TR. Guys, please let us know your opinion.
it looks like pbec is processing cases by date 45-day letter was received, and not PD.
is it possible to add this, if you have the info?

thanks for the great job you guys are doing!

gcwhenever said:
it looks like pbec is processing cases by date 45-day letter was received, and not PD.
is it possible to add this, if you have the info?

thanks for the great job you guys are doing!

I am not going through PD or 45-days letter either. I just go by caseno.