BEC Priority Date Tracker

From your situation, it looks like you are in the second term of the 6 yr limit and you have 1.8 yrs to go. My suggesstion would be to

1) Dont waste any more time with your current employer as the situation is unstable

2) Get a new job immdly , join the company, apply for perm, get your 140 approved before Aug 2008

3) now you need to worry about staying in this country beyond 2008 than the priority date and doing that without going out of status.

4) to take your current labor to the new company, you should have your 140 approved, stay in the company for 6 months more. In addition, your current company should not be revoking it after 6 months.

Durres Special said:
I just got in an unbilivable situation. I'm waiting day by day to receive a NOF for wage match and I was planning how to ask my employer for a 4-5 k raise to match the PW. Last friday I found out that things are not going so well and I might be layed off really soon. MY H1B expires on August 2008. MY PD is May 2004 which as per visa bulletin I'll need all this time to wait for my PD to come. What are my options if I get laid off temporarily or even worst permanently or even if my company goes out of business. Can I file again PERM with an other company and can I go from E3 to E2 by using my Master degree and my prior experience and the experience I occured with my present employer? Can I take this current Labor application with the new employer so I do not lose my PD? If I get laid off only for 3-4 months and reemployed again what does it mean for my status? Does this create any problem for me?

My kids came here very young and they do speak only English and they are becaming star of the school almost every month. My spouse left a very good and high paying job in the old country. I did as well. We sold our home and everything we owned there and bought everything here from the begining. It has been very hard making it here in one paycheck only and if it was not for our kids we would be back in a heart bit. But after four years building our life here brick after brick, what in the god's name can we do now?! :(

Any help or sugestions will be deeply appreciated. Thank you a bunch.

thyramax said:
From your situation, it looks like you are in the second term of the 6 yr limit and you have 1.8 yrs to go. My suggesstion would be to

1) Dont waste any more time with your current employer as the situation is unstable

2) Get a new job immdly , join the company, apply for perm, get your 140 approved before Aug 2008

3) now you need to worry about staying in this country beyond 2008 than the priority date and doing that without going out of status.

4) to take your current labor to the new company, you should have your 140 approved, stay in the company for 6 months more. In addition, your current company should not be revoking it after 6 months.
durres special, if you move immediately to a new employer and file perm and get it approved and also I-140 before Aug 2007, then even if your old employer revokes the old LC application, you will be safe. Because after I-140 approval you can file for 3-yr extension of H-1b visa.

Only catch is your timeframe, but it is possible if you assume 5 months for perm and use premium processing for I-140.

So sorry to hear of your situation.
I really wish we could sue the govt for these situations which are no fault of ours

Attached is the case status updated spreadsheet.
Again this week, the total number of cases that have been captured have gone up, so I leave it to the users to judge the "last week processed cases".
And also this is not a full one week difference, PBECIsKillingMe has captured the data twice, therefore the difference between the two runs is about 3-4 days. I will spend some more time tomorrow and will try to provide you some trend analysis.
Thanks

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Hi all,

Here is latest BEC statistics. I was able to pull some Phily data this weekend for date range 04286 to 04320. Looks like it is still not complete. I made multiple requests to Roma77, but didn't get data from him yet, so couldn't synchronize the data and make one complete list.

All data is refreshed this weekend, so they are up to date.

sktripuraneni, Could you update the excel file with this?

Thanks for taking over this responsibility.

Sorry if I am missing something but what I don't undertand is how come the total number of TR cases for both the BECs increased in the last week. I can understand increase in RIR cases( Because some of TR might have been converted to RIR), but increase in TR cases ?

Could you please explain.

sktripuraneni said:
Again this week, the total number of cases that have been captured have gone up, so I leave it to the users to judge the "last week processed cases".
And also this is not a full one week difference, PBECIsKillingMe has captured the data twice, therefore the difference between the two runs is about 3-4 days. I will spend some more time tomorrow and will try to provide you some trend analysis.
Thanks

Last update:

Guys, here is the last update from me. I've sent the data I have to PbecIsKillingMe.

You can do the comparison with old data this week and the next week guys can pick up with more cases.

Thanks & good luck to all,
Roman

Capturing more data now

It is only that we are capturing more data than in the past. Previously we captured data only for some series, however now the data is almost complete. I guess this explains the reason for increase of cases in the spreadsheet but not at BECs

lengthyLabor said:
Thanks for taking over this responsibility.

Sorry if I am missing something but what I don't undertand is how come the total number of TR cases for both the BECs increased in the last week. I can understand increase in RIR cases( Because some of TR might have been converted to RIR), but increase in TR cases ?

Could you please explain.

Thanks a lot guys

If I manage to stay where I am, and my labor get certified, and I do a fast I-140 and get approved, what happpens than? Can I file I-485 even if I am with an other company or even if I am doing an other job somewhere else that does not have to do anything with what I am doing now? Bottom line if I am not with this company at the time of I-485 application, can I still get approved and get the "so far to reach GC"?

Thank you all for the nice and quick directions you posted.

roma77 said:
Last update:

Guys, here is the last update from me. I've sent the data I have to PbecIsKillingMe.

You can do the comparison with old data this week and the next week guys can pick up with more cases.

Thanks & good luck to all,
Roman

Thanks buddy. I will synchronize the databases. I also found more data due to Day and Number logic mismatch in their intial 60 days of data entry.

I found 6000 more dallas records and 250 phily records from Roma77's list. Thanks for help.

I started running bit different program than what I used to pull the data based on date and sequence number and found more than 4000 records. Do they follow any system ????? sucks yaar.

Could one please explain to me why the data for 5174, for example, did not change from last week:
last week 1261 9 586
this week 1261 15 586
The total number of cases has not change, 15 cases have been done this week, yet the number of "Processed" has not change!

Case Certified and please update tracker

Hi all,

My case was certified on Jan 25 and details in my sig. Please update tracker. Thanks.

Final Numbers For Cases

Guys,

I explored all possibilities I could to get all cases from BEC. I could pull total 340,717 cases. Out of this,

Philly 178737
Dallas 161980

I still believe there are approx 15,000 more cases with Dallas which I couldn't pull because the numbers are so random in year 2004 entries.

There is no meaning of showing past data in excel file as it will be like comparing apples with oranges. I will send latest update status of all cases to sktripuraneni coming Sunday and he should be able to maintain fresh excel file with same format of Roma77 from this week onwards.

This is just my suggestion and your opinion is welcome.

back2india said:
Dear IV (immigrationvoice) members,
I posted the following message in IV and the CORE MEMBERS REMOVED IT WITH IN 5 MINUTES. Even some member quoted me, that message was also deleted. Please read this and judge by yourself whether this message is too bad to remove.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

<QUOTE>
Posted by back2india-----
Why IV needs contribution?
CIR is heavily publicized and hundreds of groups (very well far bigger
than IV) are in it which includes big corporate companies like MS, INTEL
etc lobbying for EB/H1B reform. IV needs no effort there in CIR.

We who already contributed to IV, hopped a separate bill like SKILL will
be passed that talks about only our issues related to EB retrogression
or at least some thing that helps us to file I-485 in the event
retrogression.

IV core members told that some bill is coming and will be passed before
EOM February. And now, core members are silent. I think that was a stunt
to drive more contribution.

IV core members claim that it is their effort which included all the EB
provision in CIR. I highly doubt this claim.

The core members are now a days only asking for contribution and not
guiding at all. Even the video that was posted in Youtube, Aman is
asking for contribution 100 times. This looks so awkward.

</QUOTE>

It is ridiculous. I sent multiple messages to IV core group for money transparency. They even don't bother replying. Nowhere they are talking why do they need money? This is where immigrants are lagging, we don't have transparency, courtesy and manners.

Durres Special said:
If I manage to stay where I am, and my labor get certified, and I do a fast I-140 and get approved, what happpens than? Can I file I-485 even if I am with an other company or even if I am doing an other job somewhere else that does not have to do anything with what I am doing now? Bottom line if I am not with this company at the time of I-485 application, can I still get approved and get the "so far to reach GC"?

Thank you all for the nice and quick directions you posted.
as mentioned, if I-140 gets approved before your current H-1b expires, then of course you can file I-485 as well as 3-year H-1b extension and get the gc eventually

excellent job, sktripuraneni. Thank you

sktripuraneni said:
Thanks

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

I explored all possibilities I could to get all cases from BEC. I could pull total 340,717 cases. Out of this,

Philly 178737
Dallas 161980

I still believe there are approx 15,000 more cases with Dallas which I couldn't pull because the numbers are so random in year 2004 entries.

There is no meaning of showing past data in excel file as it will be like comparing apples with oranges. I will send latest update status of all cases to sktripuraneni coming Sunday and he should be able to maintain fresh excel file with same format of Roma77 from this week onwards.

How about for D-05220-91XXX ?

Appreciate your help PBECIsKillingMe.

Thanks,
Kaushik

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

Philly 178737
Dallas 161980

After 1,713 days...

PLC is certified!! Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information provided during these last 4 (almost 5!) years. Updated info for tracker follows.

Good luck to all!!
~ mmatravel :)

MD SWA
EB2
RIR
PD: May 15, 2002
DOL RD: n/a
ETA#: P-05137-xxxxx
45-day letter received: Oct 15, 2005
45-day letter replied: Oct 21, 2005
Approval date: January 22, 2007
Total wait from PD: 4 years, 7 months, 5 days

Thats sounds logical

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

Philly 178737
Dallas 161980

PBECIsKillingMe,
That sounds logical. Trying to add more cases to the existing spreadsheets is not giving any idea as to how BECs are working.
Starting next week, we should start a new Case Statistics spreadsheet with full series cases, and we should stick to the same program (so that number of cases do not change) going forward.
However, I have also asked Roma to provide more information about his program (just to keep it in case we need it)
Thanks