BEC NOF cases

Sumanthj said:
Hi vc594088,

Did your NOF got approved? In your signature, I see that your NOF issued on 11/08/06 and NOF response is 1/12/2007. Dees that mean you responded to your NOF on 1/12/07 ?

How many days you were given by INS to reappeal the NOF? Did you attorney submitted business necessity letter?

My attorney didn't mentioned anything to me till last minute on Friday and said we need to respond by today.

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sumanthj@hotmail.com
ETA#: P-05186-XXXXX
EB2 RIR New York
Priority Date : Mar 12th 2003
45 day letter issued by DOL: Jan 17th, 2006
45 day letter received & replied on: Jan 24th 2006
NOF response due date: Jan 16th, 2007

You have 35 days to rebut the NOF. That's what I can recollect from the previous posts in this forum.

Sumanthj:
My rebuttal supposed to due on 12/13/06 but my laywer didn't get anything since he moved so he apply a 30 days extension for my case. I just sent out rebuttal last Friday and yesterday was the MLK day so PEC was off. They just get the package today. I hope my case will be approved.
My lawyer reply the business necessity in his letter.

manwithnoname said:
You have 35 days to rebut the NOF. That's what I can recollect from the previous posts in this forum.

You can apply 30 days extension if 30 days is not enough. That will get 60-70 days in total.

NOF issue

Guys

My employer has received an NOF from PBEC, this is about the prevailing wages, my emplyer is willing to raise the wage offer to the DOL recommended level. The PBEC wants the response in duplicate, however my employer has only received one copy of the form 750-A and B with the NOF. If anyone in this forum has similar experience please let me know as to how this issue was solved. Thanks in advance

Duplicate

I have the same issue with my NOF my lawyer asked me to make photo copy on one page.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

hi got NOF for experience , company tax return.
can you tell me how did u replied on experience.please reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

puvathoor said:
I got NOF for a couple of reasons (wage, experience)..

Both should be fixable as they considered a different industry when looking at wage.. experience is straight forward.

How many people here have received NOFs and replied and then got approved?

How much % get denied?.. Should we start a thread in Trackins?

Rir Denied

My EB3-RIR LCA got denied per online status. I received NOF in Oct'06 and replied on Nov'06. My lawyer haven't received any documents about denial. I'm on H1 9th year extension that expires on Jan08. What are the options I have now. Can anybody give me some suggestions?

Thanks

PD: DEC-2002
NOF: 23-Oct-2006
NOF- replied- 24-Nov-2006
Online-status on 18-Jan-2007 : DENIED :cool:

EB3-RIR-PA-DEC-2002

NOF info

Can you please post details of your NOF.

Thanks.

aphyd4 said:
My EB3-RIR LCA got denied per online status. I received NOF in Oct'06 and replied on Nov'06. My lawyer haven't received any documents about denial. I'm on H1 9th year extension that expires on Jan08. What are the options I have now. Can anybody give me some suggestions?

Thanks

PD: DEC-2002
NOF: 23-Oct-2006
NOF- replied- 24-Nov-2006
Online-status on 18-Jan-2007 : DENIED :cool:

EB3-RIR-PA-DEC-2002

Thanks manwithnoname and vc594088

My attorney was able to send out the Business neccesity letter ontime. I now have to wait and hope for it to be accepted.

vc594088 said:
You can apply 30 days extension if 30 days is not enough. That will get 60-70 days in total.

LC cleared after NOF

EB2/RIR/TX/2/01/2005
NOF on PW on Sept/2006
Rebuttal on Nov/2006 with 3rd party survey
Certified on 1/10/2007

jeffjefferson said:
Stupid HR and the lawyers went the salary survey route for me, too. They submitted the rebuttal at the end of May 2006 and we are still waiting. I do not understand how all the other rebuttal responses take 1-5 weeks and those opting for the survey data route takes almost a year. It is so frustrating and unacceptable.
Argh!!!

I thought I've been waiting long since rebuttal last Sept. Now you certainlly beat me in that category. My lawyer sent a fax to BEC to inquire about the case status 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything. Is there any number we can call to talk to a live person at BEC?

I am the champion in that category it seems. I really am not proud to be, though...

The number to call is: 202-693-3010. Last week, our HR person supposedly called this number to inquire about my case, but was directed to check up on the web site, which I obsessively do multiple times a day. I am not really sure if she really talked to a live person.

What is the fax number to send an inquiry about?

elaine1518 said:
I thought I've been waiting long since rebuttal last Sept. Now you certainlly beat me in that category. My lawyer sent a fax to BEC to inquire about the case status 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything. Is there any number we can call to talk to a live person at BEC?
:mad:

jeffjefferson said:
I am the champion in that category it seems. I really am not proud to be, though...

The number to call is: 202-693-3010. Last week, our HR person supposedly called this number to inquire about my case, but was directed to check up on the web site, which I obsessively do multiple times a day. I am not really sure if she really talked to a live person.

What is the fax number to send an inquiry about?

:mad:

I also called PBEC's general number yesterday and asked to speak to my certifying officer. The operator wouldn't put me through and said the only thing i can do now is to check the online status. And as long as it still says "in process", I just have to wait. I'll see if I can get the fax number from my lawyer. But I suspect it's of no use since they've tried.

My case is denied???

Last week we came to know that the case was pending NOF, issued twice Aug and Nov. My attrny and employer never got th NOF

Today the status of the case changed to Denied

Gurus.

Has any one of you have faced similar situation.

Please advice as I am bit panicked

NOF Reappeal - Certified

My Online status today shows Certified.

I hope my attonery will receive approval papers soon and I'm shocked that my NOF reappeal was processed so quickly.

Sumanthj said:
Thanks manwithnoname and vc594088

My attorney was able to send out the Business neccesity letter ontime. I now have to wait and hope for it to be accepted.

"Actively reviewing?"

I managed to get the HR and the company lawyers send a letter to the state senator to inquire about my NOF rebuttal case waiting since last May. It seems that the senator's office contacted the DOL and the answer was "they are currently 'actively reviewing' a response from the notice of filing letter that was issued by the employer." Does anyone have an idea of what this 'actively reviewing' means? Is it any different than the web page's 'IN PROCESS' notice?

Thank you,

Sumanthj said:
My Online status today shows Certified.

I hope my attonery will receive approval papers soon and I'm shocked that my NOF reappeal was processed so quickly.

Hey....You got approved within a week after you send your rebuttal???? So fast... Congrats!

Losing Hope

This forum is a goldmine of information. I have been reading it for a while and today I just had to post. The company lawyer has received a NOF letter with 4 points. He has made suggestions to the company on how to tackle the rebuttal. Deadline is March 2. My 9th year extension has been filed. I was just wondering what percentage of NOF cases get certified.

Rebuttal of Rebuttal

I had a NOF on prevailing wage issue last April which was rebutted by submitting an alternative salary survey at the end of May. Since there has been no response from the DOL, I convinced my manager/director to withdraw the salary survey and agree to the prevailing wage required by the DOL. I am hoping DOL will consider this change and speed-up the decision.

I will post the outcome...