BEC NOF cases

sahil3 said:
I have received an NOF regarding submitting a complete recruitment report. Apparently my lawyer submitted the adds, but did not submit a recruitment report. MY PD is May 2003. We have been able to locate 3 resumes in the system of folks that applied for the job. They do not have the requirements as stated in the job description. This is an EB3 case. My position as an auditor requires 1 year of work experience, which i have. My question is that are 3 resumes suffiecient? How many resumes does one normally submit with a recruitment report?
I have seen cases receiving anywhere from 0 to 6 resumes. So 3 resumes are good enough :)

NOF for Prevailing wages

Friends,

I got my screen shot last Wednesday and found that Case Status is "NOF". The screen shot shows that salary listed is less than prevailing wages. I enquired with my employer and lawyer and they said they received NOF in October and it was replied on Nov 20th. They replied that they are paying more than the prevailing wages. I am concerned that even after almost three months the case status is still showing NOF in screen shot. Does any one of you know how much time it takes to adjudicate the case? How can we confirm that they received the reply? Thanks,

Mine has 3 points

1. Degree certificate - idiot lawyer forgot to put my bachelor's degree certificate copy alongwith application.

2. Attorney Involvement - There may be something that lawyer should not be involved and he did. Still trying to understand this.

3. Advertisement and recruitment process explanation:

I believe 1 & 3 are common. Don't understand what is 2. It looks dangerous to me.

I had 4 points. So though the company lawyer is very confident that he will be able to help me surpass this LC hurdle I have grave doubts.

1. wages should be higher
2.3. variation of job requirements.
4. Experience - LOL - this after I have worked in this industry for 12 yrs in India and now 10 years in the US

Mine is the oldest case in the company. 4 EB3 India and 1 EB3 China which have PD's more recent than mine have cleared LC's. Also 2 L1's have got their GC's within 4 years of joining.

Maybe the power of positive thinking will help. Good Luck PBECiskillingme. Thank you for all your efforts in this forum.

I had 4 points. So though the company lawyer is very confident that he will be able to help me surpass this LC hurdle I have grave doubts.

1. wages should be higher
2.3. variation of job requirements.
4. Experience - LOL - this after I have worked in this industry for 12 yrs in India and now 10 years in the US

Mine is the oldest case in the company. 4 EB3 India and 1 EB3 China which have PD's more recent than mine have cleared LC's. Also 2 L1's have got their GC's within 4 years of joining.

Maybe the power of positive thinking will help. Good Luck PBECiskillingme. Thank you for all your efforts in this forum.

Unlike me, all your four points comes under RFE category (request for evidence). My second point doesn't come under RFE category at all - thats why I am concerned.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What is a screenshot?

I have been reading a lot of messages regarding "screeshots"? Can someone tell me what are these screenshots and how are they relevant to US seeking an LC??

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!Received NOF with "intent to deny"

I received NOF with intent to deny for "did not meet the prevailing wage". I am working on a large company, my wage has increase quite a lot after the LC was filed. What kind options do I have to rebute the NOF?

Priority Date: 2/22/05
State: AZ
Type: RIR
Case No: D-05208-4*

Don't worry. That seems to be the most common type of NOF. It can be successfully rebutted. If they have given you the figure of what the prevailing wage in should be, just give them a letter with your new wage on company letterhead. Of course your salary should be more than the prevailing wage. You should be fine.

I received NOF with intent to deny for "did not meet the prevailing wage". I am working on a large company, my wage has increase quite a lot after the LC was filed. What kind options do I have to rebute the NOF?

Got more info on the NOF. It is the infamous PW. Attorney is going to reply with an alternate survey.

He also told me that it may take 2-3 months to get the case certified. Looks like my Attorney has seen many such NOFs and has been successful with this type of Survey reply. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dont worry it is a pretty common NOF. dont get carried away by the word "intent to deny" :rolleyes:

Your options
1) Agree to DOL salary (if you can convice HR / Manager etc)
2) If your new salary is higher than the PW, then you can quote it and rebut
3) If still lower, get an alternate survey, Try to match that for your Job code and rebut with the alternate survey Salary.

Inspite of all these, even if your labor is denied, it is not the End, your case gets converted to TR and then you have to do RI all again. you can appeal as well.

Only Bad thing about PW/Alternate Survey is that, it may take more time to get certified. DOL will have to verify the AS and hence longer.

Attorney should not be involved in the recruitment process. He should not be entertaining prospective employees or doing interviews over the phone/screening. OR rejecting people that apply. this should all be done by your HR. Basically a lawyer is only supposed to put paperwork together and advise you on issues (which they have no clue about )... my two cents....

Mine has 3 points

1. Degree certificate - idiot lawyer forgot to put my bachelor's degree certificate copy alongwith application.

2. Attorney Involvement - There may be something that lawyer should not be involved and he did. Still trying to understand this.

3. Advertisement and recruitment process explanation:

I believe 1 & 3 are common. Don't understand what is 2. It looks dangerous to me.

Beware that alternate survey approval might take really long. I am still waiting 9 months after rebutting with an alternate survey. Maybe I am extremely unlucky, I do not know ...

Got more info on the NOF. It is the infamous PW. Attorney is going to reply with an alternate survey.

He also told me that it may take 2-3 months to get the case certified. Looks like my Attorney has seen many such NOFs and has been successful with this type of Survey reply. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It is true

Beware that alternate survey approval might take really long. I am still waiting 9 months after rebutting with an alternate survey. Maybe I am extremely unlucky, I do not know ...
Probably PBEC will not decide on PW at least till that time a policy decision is taken by their top brass. I am waiting since 5 months. If yours is small company, better request Attorney to agree for the salary. Bigger companies will stick to salary survey's. I think there is nothing much for us to do any thing.

What happens..

...after you rebut and the company will match or exceed the PW. When must the company actually have to start paying you the new wage? Right away? After LC approval? After I-140 filling/approval? Or after I-485 filling/approval? Any one knows?

Thanks.:cool:

Probably PBEC will not decide on PW at least till that time a policy decision is taken by their top brass. I am waiting since 5 months. If yours is small company, better request Attorney to agree for the salary. Bigger companies will stick to salary survey's. I think there is nothing much for us to do any thing.

There is no quick resolution of your case even if your employer agrees to adjust your salary to the prevailing wages. It still may take months.

Yeah, I know, but my HR may not agree to DOL numbers. it is off by 13G. So they submitted with AS. But my attorney has a turn around time of 2-3 months for the AS. it may also depend on the Alternate Surveying company too. There are so many out there. DOL uses OES which has the highest paid amount for a given position.

How many here are with PW NOF Alternate Survey rebuttal and still not certified

thyramax - Feb 07
jeffjefferson - May 06
DOL_Ka_Shikar
Caliber

Any body else? Did some body get certified at all with AS rebuttal? Please repond.

My case seems to be one of the oldest here. My company, I believe has agreed to the PW, which was just one of 4 points in the NOF. Rebuttal has been sent. Now back to the waiting...its been 5 years and 4 months from PD. 10 years in this country.