Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

moving after i-485 transfered to baltimore

Hi folks,

My case has been transfering to baltimore since january 2005. I don't know how long I should wait for interview etc. But I will move to Florida in July.
Would appreciate if anyone can comment on this kind of situation.

Thanks,

sc

Vikramab,
gc4us has given a good overview. In my opinion extension of H1 for the 7th year helps if one needs to apply for another I-140 while 485 is pending approval, and this kind of situation may arise if one is not sure that his/her approved I-140 will be finally considered valid for the his/her current employment resulting from change of job etc. or when the I-140 is pending approval (concurrently filed cases) and there is a doubt for some reasons. Anyway, in a situation of your kind if one's 485 is finally denied getting a 7th year extension will not help in starting a fresh GC process since the 7th year extension is given on the basis of pending 485 approval, and I guess when the 485 is denied that will mean the H1 is also unvalidated so there will be no chance in starting the GC process again. I think if your 485 is straightforward and has no complications it should be approved, and it should be enough to renew your EAD in that case. You should get your Interview Letter shortly too. Well, what I wrote here is my opinion and I am a lay person in these matters. See what others have to say and you should also consider consulting your situation with your attorney and take the steps accordingly. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc4us:
I guess you did apply for EAD renewal at Vermont after your 485 was transferred to Baltimore and you have been waiting for 485 interview letter. Can you please let me know if you did receive a Receipt Notice from Vermont within a few days you sent your EAD application to Vermont. I guess one can go directly to Baltimore office for an EAD on the 91st day (after 90 calendar days) from the date Vermont receives the EAD application in case the EAD is not approved within first 90 days. Also, did you receive another notice from Vermont informing you that your EAD application is transferred to Baltimore and then finally you received a notice from Baltimore for EAD interview. Also, can one send personal checks for the EAD renewal fee. I am asking this because in case my 485 gets approved I can stop such checks. Any thoughts on this!!

It is now 1 month since my interview I have not received 485 approval. I had to update my FP which I did within two days of the interview and I was told at the time of Interview that I will get an approval within 2-4 weeks. I have learned from FBI that they had sent the FP results to the INS on the same day. Well, I do not know what steps I should take now for 485 approval. Thanks.

gra:
Can you please also let me know if you did receive Receipt Notice and then Transfer Notice of you EAD application from Vermont, and finally an interview letter from Baltimore for EAD renewal. Will appreciate your reply. Thanks.

saurnav said:
gc4us:
I guess you did apply for EAD renewal at Vermont after your 485 was transferred to Baltimore and you have been waiting for 485 interview letter. Can you please let me know if you did receive a Receipt Notice from Vermont within a few days you sent your EAD application to Vermont. I guess one can go directly to Baltimore office for an EAD on the 91st day (after 90 calendar days) from the date Vermont receives the EAD application in case the EAD is not approved within first 90 days. Also, did you receive another notice from Vermont informing you that your EAD application is transferred to Baltimore and then finally you received a notice from Baltimore for EAD interview.
My case got transferred in Sep-2004. I had EAD until May-2005.
I applied for my 2nd EAD (and my wife's) in Feb-2005. Got the receipt from VSC 2 weeks later. Late march we also received letters from VSC informing us that the EAD application is now transferred to Baltimore and they will notify us of any developments :(
Meanwhile, our 485 interview came through and got approved :).
Along with the approval letters came our EAD interview letters as well :( Luckily we got our PP stamping done before that and avoided the EAD interview :)

saurnav said:
Also, can one send personal checks for the EAD renewal fee. I am asking this because in case my 485 gets approved I can stop such checks. Any thoughts on this!!
YES you can send personal checks. I did send my own check and here is the interesting part. USCIS cribs of workforce shortage on all fronts, except encashing checks :) :). All our applications, RFEs, docs might get misplaced and lost, but they never lose our Checks and do not lose time in encashing them. So if you get your approval/card before they encash your check you are safe. Otherwise, it is another 175 dollars "Donated" :( to the USCIS towards.....

On the other hand, I am not sure how USCIS will react :mad: :mad: if they are unable to encash a check for whatever reason..... [either you put that on hold or cancel it or.....] Check it out

saurnav said:
It is now 1 month since my interview I have not received 485 approval. I had to update my FP which I did within two days of the interview and I was told at the time of Interview that I will get an approval within 2-4 weeks. I have learned from FBI that they had sent the FP results to the INS on the same day. Well, I do not know what steps I should take now for 485 approval. Thanks.

Good luck and I hope you get your approval at the earliest. I guess GlenMD's wife went through the same route, if I am not mistaken. Not sure if it took this long? If GlenMD is around, he can give his answer.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers!!
V!

Thanks gc4us for your prompt reply. Yes, GlenMD's wife had a similar situation but hers was approved in a very short time. I think her case was still somewhat different since GlenMD was the principal applicant and his case was approved. The officer must have sent all their files all together to the quality control department for the final approval. In my case the officer may not have sent our files to the quality control rather may have sent them to another bucket where an officer will have to open our files again and see if my FP results have arrived and then can approve!! Who knows - it is just my guess.

I did receive my receipt notice first from VSC and then the transfer notice followed by interview notice from Baltimore after a week.
My husband got the interview letter for the day following mine. Since we did not want to make 2 trips we thought of taking a chance and going together.

I went for the interview where they didn't ask anything and my husband requested his to be processed the same day (even though he had interview the next day). The officer agreed and asked us to wait outside.
After an hour wait outside we decided to find out what happened and the officer said that we need to sit outside and that we need to wait.
We waited outside for another 2 hours and didn't get any call. I again inquired and they said that the officer had forgotten. But they gave him his new EAD
It was such a waste of time. But at least we got it.

s_chiao said:
Hi folks,

My case has been transfering to baltimore since january 2005. I don't know how long I should wait for interview etc. But I will move to Florida in July.
Would appreciate if anyone can comment on this kind of situation.

Thanks,

sc

You are very close to your interview. You should consider delaying your move to FL or at least retain your residence in MD and while you work at FL your family should stay in MD and that you visit them fequently and keep your MD
driver's lisense active. For your interview at Baltimore you should show that you are still a resident of MD. If you move to FL for good then they will transfer your file there and who knows when it will be processed. Consider these issues seriously and try not to move to FL as that is the best option.

izmr said:
Hi saurnav,
I had my interview 1 month ago and has not heard anything either.

Hi Izmr,

Thanks for the update. Can you please provide some details of your case as I-140 category and when it was transferred etc and also what happened at the interview - did you have to submit any additional documents after the interview. What the officer finally told aswhen to expect your 485 approval. Will appreciate your reply on this.

I wish you get your approval quickly. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks,

Experience
I went to get my EAD card today, but the lady refused because my application has not been 90 days yet. when I ask if I did not have EAD can I work, she said they did not care. the company decides. and she can not write anything about it. when I ask will this affect my greencard application, she said no, they do not care about it if I have ead or not. and she also mentioned that many people do not have ead and got approved. and I ask "the interview request EAD". she said you just need to take your current one. and she told me that my interview will be next month, why should I worry about my EAD?

Interview Mandatory Documents!!

Hi All, I have an interview scheduled for June 9th, in the appointment letter it mentioned the list of documents to be brought with you at the interview, which includes:
* Form I-688B or I-766,Employment Authorization Card if any
The problem is
I dont have Approval notice of the I-765 :( though I have the EAD Card which the BCIS issued me, I also have the receipt notice of the I-765 application....
What shud I be doing?? I am paniced!!!
What Is Form I-688B or I-766 form??? I was applied in EB2 category for GC

TIA

ice9 said:
Hi All, I have an interview scheduled for June 9th, in the appointment letter it mentioned the list of documents to be brought with you at the interview, which includes:
* Form I-688B or I-766,Employment Authorization Card if any
The problem is
I dont have Approval notice of the I-765 :( though I have the EAD Card which the BCIS issued me, I also have the receipt notice of the I-765 application....
What shud I be doing?? I am paniced!!!
What Is Form I-688B or I-766 form??? I was applied in EB2 category for GC

TIA
Hi Ice9,
Don't worry.... I-765 is the old form that was used for Employment Authorization Document. If you got it in the past one year or so, you have the "NextGeneration" EAD, which is I-766. If you turn back the EAD card, you will see the actual form number printed on it at the right bottom as I-766

And for the one that you are supposed to take with you for the interview...... don't worry about the forms. If you have your Plastic EAD card, that is more than sufficient.

Don't worry about the I-688B. Not applicable for you.

Have a checklist [from other postings in this forum] and hav the docs in order [Binder/Folder et al].

Good luck,
V!

Thanks.
I was wondering how long it will take to be scheduled for interview after transferred to Baltimore?

s_chiao said:
Thanks.
I was wondering how long it will take to be scheduled for interview after transferred to Baltimore?

=== Normally it takes 4 - 6 months from the date baltimore office receives the file from Vermont Centre

From immigration - law.com

05/20/2005: Important Advisory: Do Not Ignore Finger Print Notice Received After Approval of Green Card

* Nowadays, more number of people are receiving I-485 approval notices. Additionally, some of them also receive fingerprint notices after their I-485 has been approved. The AILA has been advised by the USCIS HQ that such notice is not a mistake. Even if their I-485 is approved, once they receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at the ASC to provide new biometric identifiers. This includes children. If the I-485 approved minor children receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at ASC! Those who ignored such fingerprint notices may want to immediately contact the USCIS to reschedule the fingerprinting. Important, Important.

=== Did anybody receive any finger print notices after I-485 Approval

glenmd said:
Hi Saurav,

did you get your approval ???

GlenMD

Thanks GlenMD for remembering my case. No, we have not yet received our 485 approval. Don't know what is going on!!

Hi folks,

has anyone been transferred to Baltimore in Jan 2005, and has been scheduled for interview?

Thanks,

SC

s_chiao said:
Hi folks,

has anyone been transferred to Baltimore in Jan 2005, and has been scheduled for interview?

Thanks,

SC

My case has been transferred in December and I am still waiting for the interview.

Would you mind tell us the date? My case was transferred at Jan. 26 this year. So if you did not get any news from baltimore office, we have to wait more than 6 mon.