Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Folks,
someone may take care of the Tracker file with all transfer info and average waiting time (will benefit you and others as well); I started it but now I am close to my interview and will visit not so often.
Waiting time in Baltimore is approximately 6 months since date they receive your file (which is later than 'transfer' date). Usually they receive in couple of weeks, but sometimes (rare) transfer takes up to 6 months or even more. You can find out 'receiving date' by visiting Baltimore office with infopass. If you have family, spouse/child (at least child over 18) should appear in person, otherwise they do not tell you any info on spouse's/child's file.
Best luck and fast approval to everybody waiting!

compass said:
Folks,
someone may take care of the Tracker file with all transfer info and average waiting time (will benefit you and others as well); I started it but now I am close to my interview and will visit not so often.
Best luck and fast approval to everybody waiting!

Here you go Boss....
I have updated the tracker with information about
ice9
Madss
waitingfortunat
gra
s_chia

Folks, I did not have more details and therefore updated the transfer date and your name. If you are interested please update the other details as well.
If there are any corrections to be made, feel free.

Good luck,
V!

Hi,
Just to update the forum that I have been to Baltimore Center yesterday to check on the status of my 485 approval (had interview on 18th April, could not be approved immediately as my FP had expired. FP was retaken on 20th, FP results sent to INS on the same day 20th April). The officer at the counter told me that she could not tell me when I should expect to hear from them - there are many such cases still awaiting for an officer to take a look and approve finally. The officer was very kind and nice and said she will take a printout of my case and present to the concerned officer but could not guarantee as what to expect. So I am still waiting for the approval!!!

Hi Folks,

Update/correction: I posted info on approval of my friend and her husband at Baltimore office (they had interview on April 26) - as I found out, I was wrong: only she got approved within a week after interview, her husband still is not approved. They went for stamping (of her passport) and officer told he should wait longer for approval (not sure why). My friend thought because he did FP later than she did.. but he did in Nov 2004! So i think it is something else.. maybe namecheck?

Saurnav, is your name check completed?

gc4us, yes, i finally did start collecting docs for interview...3 folders almost complete, yesterday got EVL signed... just need to find where are my taxes, add few mor docs and make some more copies :)
still worried because my namecheck is most probably still pending :confused:

compass,
I was only told at the time of interview that my FP had expired since it was last done in Dec 2002. I knew that my FP had expired and had approached Baltimore center many times, even after receiving the Interview Letter which came without a FP notice, but I did not succeed in obtaining a FP notice prior to interview. Anyway the officer who interviewed me did not say anything regarding name check even when I asked if everything else is OK and if he would need anything else from me. The officer in fact issued a notice to me saying "that my interview was conducted on that day and awaiting FP results" and also issued an instant FP notice. Also, when I went to the Baltimore Center, the officer did not mention about name check - she said they have received FP clearance on 20th April and somebody will need to see my file. I recall you telling me that name check and FP are two different things, and therefore I think my name check must have been done and clear otherwise they would have told me so.

Last edited by a moderator:
saurnav,
yes, it sounds like your name check is completed, so you should get your approval soon I think!

update on my friend

Update on my friend (they had interview on April 27th in Baltimore office): she received her card, and found that middle name is mis-spelled. She did correct that when she went for stamping but it still came mis-spelled on card, probably card was ordered right after interview.
So folks, check your name on the interview!
Her husband is still waiting for approval letter...

bad news

folks,

bad news!
I went to local office to talk about my case. I just realized my case was transferred to Boston, not Baltimore, although the webpage said my case has been transferred to baltimore in jan 3rd 2005. My wife's case even worse: It's in storage!!!

Anyway, we will be moving to Florida next month. I have no idea what to do next. The officer in Baltimore said " I don't know"

Thanks,

SC

Finally got my interview letter today. Interview is scheduled for July 13th.
I have gone through previous posts for the checklist of documents. But the letter says to bring any original document for which a copy was submitted. Does that mean that I have to take all my documents?
I am already nervous :(

opportunity to transfer

Guys/Gals,

My case has been transferred to Baltimore on Jan 3rd. I haven't heard anything since then (other than the separate process of renewing EAD). My lawyer is saying that the interview should be around Sep/Oct. According to the Stats here and similar experiences, I should be getting the IL soon (150 days). But who knows?

My question is that I have an opportunity to move with my company back to Texas (my adoptive state, my case was processed initially in Texas and through AC21 got transferred to Baltimore). I will be coming the same job description.

I have two options:
1- keep my residence here and commute through the summer (and work several weeks out of Baltimore) until I get through with the Adjustment of Status.
2- Transfer my residence to Houston (and transfer the case with it), and risk going back to the bottom of the queue down there.

I don't know if Houston will take into account that my RD is 11/02 and that the case has been sitting in Baltimore local office since Jan 3rd of this year.

Any thoughts , comments, shared experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

czlayon,
I would keep MD residence! If you move and change your address with Baltimore office, they probably will transfer your file, and you will go to the end of the Houston line I guess...
Someone posted his interview experience in Balt. thread, his lab moved from MD to Georgia and he was working there several months before interview, but he kept MD drivers lic. and his family was in MD so he had MD apartment lease and bills. It was OK even though he had employment letter stating he is working in Georgia.
You may get your IL anytime now, 'gra' just got it and you are right behind him (his TD is Dec 21), especially considering Christmas holydays...
You may get your employment letter now with MD address...and one more 'fresh' later before interview just in case ....

gra,
congratilations with your IL! As to documents, most people say you will need FOR SURE originals of birth certificate and marriage certificate (and passport and DL of course). Also, they ask for your EAD, or H-1 approval (original) if you do not have EAD. Other documents they may even not ask. I collected most of my previous visa documents, but could not find all, I hope if I have previous H-1 approvals they will not ask for receipts :) They also may ask for taxes (or may not, as happened recently with my friend), and you may get IRS tax transcripts, but I think your copy of tax filings would work also...
I will update my interview experience soon...

Transfer Notice

Hi Gra,

I think your case transferred on Dec 22nd right, even my case transffered on the same day. I didn't recevied my interview letter, hope I receive it soon.

All the best of interview, take all the documents.

gra said:
Finally got my interview letter today. Interview is scheduled for July 13th.
I have gone through previous posts for the checklist of documents. But the letter says to bring any original document for which a copy was submitted. Does that mean that I have to take all my documents?
I am already nervous :(

Compass: Wish you the best of luck for your 485 interview tomorrow. Just take it easy - it will be fine.

Thanks Vikramab. My case was transferred on Dec' 21st. I hope you receive your letter soon too.

compass said:
gra,
congratilations with your IL! As to documents, most people say you will need FOR SURE originals of birth certificate and marriage certificate (and passport and DL of course). Also, they ask for your EAD, or H-1 approval (original) if you do not have EAD. Other documents they may even not ask. I collected most of my previous visa documents, but could not find all, I hope if I have previous H-1 approvals they will not ask for receipts :) They also may ask for taxes (or may not, as happened recently with my friend), and you may get IRS tax transcripts, but I think your copy of tax filings would work also...
I will update my interview experience soon...

Thanks Compass. And good luck to you for your interview.