Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Guys & Gals,

The saga begins. I went for my interview at Baltimore today. The Officer was Officer C a Nice lady. Overall my experience was very positive but the end result was not. Mine is a family based case and my wife and 2 kids were with me. She was very very nice and never asked us any questions abt the marriage. All she did was give us an oath took my prints and made me sign some form which she said was for the actuak green card. The problem was my file (physical copy) is still not in Baltimore so she couldnt stamp my passport or approve us till that arrives. she said we dont need to come back but she needs the file to approve the case. So I guess i still have to wait for the file which has been requested from Atl for the past 6 months. She told me to check back in a month. Hope everybody has a good day.

Regards,

QCO

It is all over for my wife too.

She just got her plastic card today. It happened 2 weeks after we went to Baltimore, asked to review her case and she was approved.

Good luck to everyone.

still havent received anything from Baltimore as yet. Most probally will go next week and find out whats happening with my case. Am getting concerned since am schedule to travel on the 30th of Aug. Hopefully it will get all sorted out by then.

Ginnu,

Any ideas? I have still not heard anything from Baltimore. I went there and they told me they are still waiting to hear back from Atl. You think I should contact the Senators office or something again. Hope u all have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO

QCO1 said:
Ginnu,

Any ideas? I have still not heard anything from Baltimore. I went there and they told me they are still waiting to hear back from Atl. You think I should contact the Senators office or something again. Hope u all have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO
---------You MUST contact your congressman and senator office, I hope local USCIS ATL or Baltimore have misplaced your file. Write to senator or congressman office everything in detail and stepwise, provide the copies of any communications and your interview notice and other receipts. Your Interview is over and what they asked you have provided what they are doing???? What I will do is I will also go to Congressman and also to senator office let the 2 enquires be insiated for your case
Good Luck!!

Ginnu,

Thanks for the reply. I guess from the document it means that till the physical file is not transferred or declared lost I am stuck waiting and praying. I did got to baltimore last week and had them do a status inquiry on my file so lets see what happens. Once again Thanks for all ur advice. Hope you have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO

can anybody know how much time it will take to get the interview letter from baltimore office as my case transfered today to Baltimore office.

thanks
Glenmd

glenmd said:
can anybody know how much time it will take to get the interview letter from baltimore office as my case transfered today to Baltimore office.
------ it may take 8-10 days to reach your file at Baltimore then you will recieve the Interview notice after around 30-40 days and your Interview date may be after 40-60 days after you recieve the Interview date notice. Baltimore finishes the Interview in 3-4 months time AFTER they recieve the file.
You may also recieve fingerprinting notice before your Interview date notice if you did your FP more than 15 months as FP expire after 15 months.
Hope that helps.
* Did you changed employer? using AC21? is you case NIW or EB1?( just trying to make a guess about the reason of File transfer)
Good Luck!!

Thanks a lot for your help in replying.

I dont know the reason for transfering the case. Anyway I changed the employer and it is AC21 Case. Added to that I-140 was revoked by my previous employer. So please provide your comments and can you tell me what INS may be looking in my case at the time of interview.

the Brief history is as follows:-

-- I filed for for 485 in the month of march 2002.(ND, RD - April 2002)

---Got an RFE from INS on Dec 2003. Previous company didnt provide the EVL.

---So I change to another company and replied to INS with AC21 and EVL with the help of new attorney.

---On December 2003, finished 2nd FP and INS didnt update the status of receiving the FP information.

---On Aug 31 2004, INS issued a NOID stating that my previous employer withdrawn my I-140(But still my I-140 stays approved through ONLINE). So I had to submit 3 months of payroll and EVL from current employer and a letter requesting to Invoke AC21.

---Also INS told that they didnt had the G28 from my lawyer, I also send another G28 from our lawyer.

--- I submitted the information within Sept 7 2004 with all the information.

Glenmd,
My case was transfered 2.5 months ago. Still did not get the interview letter. My attorney is saying that it may take 6-7 months to get the letter. There were messages from at least 4 people transfered at the beginning of 2004. As ginnu mentioned, they got they letters in 30-40 days. Maybe it depends on the season, maybe I am not so lucky, but I am waiting much longer. One of my friends was waiting for 6 months for his interview (from May2003 to November 2003). He is still waiting, because at the time of interview his name check was not done. His ND is Dec 2001.
Good luck to you, and please post here when you get your letter.

glenmd said:
Thanks a lot for your help in replying.

I dont know the reason for transfering the case.
Anyway I changed the employer and it is AC21 Case.
**** That may be the reason, when they discover that you are not with the orignal employer and have NOT updated USCIS for AC21 then they transfer, but I see more than that in your case
Added to that I-140 was revoked by my previous employer.
***** When did the employer revoked the I-140??? was it revoked or withdrawan? I-140 can be only REVOKED if Approved if not approved it is withdrawal. if employer revoked your approved I-140 did your pending I-485 hit 180 days BEFORE employer revoked the I-140? if employer tried to REVOKE the approved I-140 AFTER the I-485 hit 180 days then USCIS is not supposed to revoke the I-140 it is valid according to AC21 august 2003 MEMO
So please provide your comments and can you tell me what INS may be looking in my case at the time of interview.
***** when they send the Interview notice then you will find list of documents to bring, looking at the documents list I can tell you what they are going to look or ask, post the details when you get Interview notice

the Brief history is as follows:-

-- I filed for for 485 in the month of march 2002.(ND, RD - April 2002)
**** where did you file I-485 VSC, NSC or CSC????
---Got an RFE from INS on Dec 2003. Previous company didnt provide the EVL.
****** what was RFE??? did you filed I-485 without employer letter? or you could not provide NEW job offer letter from New employer to USE AC21??? please make it clear
---So I change to another company and replied to INS with AC21 and EVL with the help of new attorney.
***** That is OK if you submited AC21 letter from new employer. were you working with the new Employer whose AC21 letter you sent????
---On December 2003, finished 2nd FP and INS didnt update the status of receiving the FP information.
*** That is not a problem, you can directly ask FBI for your FP results and FBI sends FP results in 2-3 days.
---On Aug 31 2004, INS issued a NOID stating that my previous employer withdrawn my I-140(But still my I-140 stays approved through ONLINE). So I had to submit 3 months of payroll and EVL from current employer and a letter requesting to Invoke AC21.
******That was correct on USCIS part, did you sent what they asked???
---Also INS told that they didnt had the G28 from my lawyer, I also send another G28 from our lawyer.
------ that was correct on USCIS part and you or your lawyer did a mistake not sending G28 when replied RFE or NOID
--- I submitted the information within Sept 7 2004 with all the information.
**** It seems your I-485 file is huge with diffrent knid of letters and the officer at service center did not have time to go through all so he transfred your file.

Marusia said:
Glenmd,
My case was transfered 2.5 months ago. Still did not get the interview letter. My attorney is saying that it may take 6-7 months to get the letter.
--- you may get Interview notice after september, may be in first or second week of October ( My good guess)
There were messages from at least 4 people transfered at the beginning of 2004. As ginnu mentioned, they got they letters in 30-40 days. Maybe it depends on the season, maybe I am not so lucky, but I am waiting much longer.
----- you may be correct, in past I saw a trend in Baltimore to finsh Interview in 3-4 months after file is transfred. One person had Interview date in last week of April 2004( his I-485 was transfred in Feb) he reshudled the date as he booked the tickcts early for some emergency visit to India. He did not get second Interview date notice till date, his lawyer has sent 2 letters for update but Baltimore has not replied, one lady is also waiting for more than 6 months ( you can read her info in earlier post I requested other poster who was going for Interview if he can ask then when one can expect the Interview date if it was earlier resheduled)
One of my friends was waiting for 6 months for his interview (from May2003 to November 2003). He is still waiting, because at the time of interview his name check was not done.
------ It means your friend went for Interview, when it comes to Name check then it is always a delay even if name check has been cleared the file will be on shelf, he needs to visit Baltimore office and ask for update. if no update then he should contact congressman or senator office that covers his residence area
His ND is Dec 2001.
Good luck to you, and please post here when you get your letter.

Good Luck!!!

thanks a lot ginnu for your help.

it is really good that somebody is providing good comments.

Answers to your questions.

1. When did the employer revoked the I-140???

****** My I-140 was approved in June 2001, so my old employer revoked my I-140. By god's grace the I-140 still says it is approved.

2. When did the employer revoked the I-140??? was it revoked or withdrawan?

****** Recently my employer revoked the I-140. I can say after 2 1/2 years from I-485 ND date. Again i changed the Job after 180 days(to be precise after 1 1/2 years).

3. were you working with the new Employer whose AC21 letter you sent????

****** I am still working with my new employer and also when i sent the AC21, I was working with that guy.

4. where did you file I-485 VSC, NSC or CSC????

***** I filed in VSC

5. what was RFE???
**** The RFE was EVL. My old company didnt provide me the EVL. Till the end he was just ignoring my calls. So i waited for 2 months. Then I changed the company and replied the RFE with New employer letter (same Job description In LC, salary equal to LC salary ). AC21 letter and also G-28 letter from lawyer.

Again I checked with FBI and found out that my name check has been cleared on Dec 2002.

So above are the details. Let me know if you need more info.

To be very frank, I am really frustrated and also afraid about the interview

Thanks
GlenMD

Hi Marusia,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will keep updating of the stuff in my case.

My name check is done on Dec 2002(This i got that from my FBI inquiry).

Did you check with FBI for your name check as i saw in some of the posting that the Baltimore office will wait till they get the Name check done.

Thanks
GlenMD

ginnu & others:

Could you please let me know how long it will take to received an interview schedule notice letter after being transtered to Baltimore office?

many thanks!

glenmd said:
thanks a lot ginnu for your help.

it is really good that somebody is providing good comments.

Answers to your questions.

1. When did the employer revoked the I-140???

****** My I-140 was approved in June 2001, so my old employer revoked my I-140. By god's grace the I-140 still says it is approved.

2. When did the employer revoked the I-140??? was it revoked or withdrawan?

****** Recently my employer revoked the I-140. I can say after 2 1/2 years from I-485 ND date. Again i changed the Job after 180 days(to be precise after 1 1/2 years).
------------- Dear, you are SAFE to use AC21 becase past employer tried to revoke the approved I-140 after 180 days of I-485 pending. In this situation USCIS does NOT revoke the approved I-140 accoring to august 2003 AC21 MEMO3. were you working with the new Employer whose AC21 letter you sent????

****** I am still working with my new employer and also when i sent the AC21, I was working with that guy.
------------- That is fine, becase they will ask 3 recent pay stubs from new employer whose letter is base to invoke AC214. where did you file I-485 VSC, NSC or CSC????

***** I filed in VSC

5. what was RFE???
**** The RFE was EVL. My old company didnt provide me the EVL.
------ what do you mean by old company? you were with A who filed LC and I-140 and joined B later you needed to send letter from B becase you were working with B and B letter is going to be base of AC21 use
Till the end he was just ignoring my calls. So i waited for 2 months.
------ why you were asking A for letter? you were suposed to send letter from B to use AC21( here is confusion becase you have not provided details that you were with A and A filled LC and I-140, you joined B then why letter from A?) Then I changed the company and replied the RFE with New employer letter (same Job description In LC, salary equal to LC salary ). AC21 letter and also G-28 letter from lawyer.
---- if the AC21 letter has same job, skills as on approved LC then no problems. were you working with B on H1 or used EAD??Again I checked with FBI and found out that my name check has been cleared on Dec 2002.

So above are the details. Let me know if you need more info.

To be very frank, I am really frustrated and also afraid about the interview
------ nothing to be worried or confused, your case will be approved
Thanks
GlenMD

HongZ said:
ginnu & others:

Could you please let me know how long it will take to received an interview schedule notice letter after being transtered to Baltimore office?

many thanks!
------ please read my post above in the thread, i have provided my guess.

Just checked the status of my & my spouse's case this morning and go the following message.

"On September 13, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BALTIMORE, MD for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I think it might be a result of 2nd enquiry I sent on Sep 9th.
How long does the "scheduling" of the interview take?
What is the next course of action? What can I expect?
Anyone in a smilar situation/expierences?

My details @`CSC
WAC03-033-xxxxx
RD Nov 5th, 2002
Feb 5th, 2003 1st FP (Spouse & Self)
July 16th, 2004 2nd Fp (Spouse only)
Sep. 13th, 2004 Case transfered to Baltimore, MD (Spouse & Self)

Regards,
485someday