Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Also, one of the reasons for the interview could be employment verification. As soon as EB1-A is neither employer sponsored or labor certified they wanted to see a letter from the employer.

alexk said:
Also, one of the reasons for the interview could be employment verification. As soon as EB1-A is neither employer sponsored or labor certified they wanted to see a letter from the employer.

----- you are correct, I think it was becase of EB1-A.

Approved!!

We went for the interview on 26th MAY 2004 AND BOTH me and my wife got the passports stamped in about 20 mts!
Regular questions were asked.....W-2, LATEST PAYSTUB, TAX RETURNS....MARRIAGE CERT AND BIRTH CERT.
Thank you once again!
Anil

Congratulations Anil64. Hope my day comes soon too. I still have not heard anything from Baltimore since their request for Medicals.

Regards,

QCO1

anil64 said:
We went for the interview on 26th MAY 2004 AND BOTH me and my wife got the passports stamped in about 20 mts!
Regular questions were asked.....W-2, LATEST PAYSTUB, TAX RETURNS....MARRIAGE CERT AND BIRTH CERT.
Thank you once again!
Anil

----Congratulations Anil64!!! who was the officer A B C D, (it is on your Interview notice).
was it normal case or you used AC21

Ginnu,

I have still bot received anything from Baltimore. My case transfered on the 29th of March and i did my FP on the 22nd Of April. Do you think I should goto to the office and find out? The 800 number knows nothing as usual. I also checked and they told me my FP cleared the same day. Mine is a Family based through Marriage case. Any Info would be greatly appreciated. The original submission date was April 04/03.

Regards,

QCO1

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone

thank you all for all the info and moral support thru this process of GC Approval!
Mine was employment based filed under SEC245I AND IT TOOK APPROX
LESS THAN 2 YEARS FOR THE APPROVAL OF I485!
ITSA GREAT FELING TO BE FREE OF THIS PROCESS AND WE R SCHEDULED TO BE IN INDIA IN NEXT WEEK!
Regards
Anil
:) :) :) :) keep smiling and everything positive shall happen to all of you!
All the very best!!

QCO1 said:
Ginnu,

I have still bot received anything from Baltimore. My case transfered on the 29th of March and i did my FP on the 22nd Of April.
Do you think I should goto to the office and find out?
------ yes, you should visit Baltimore , take the I-485 reciept and transfer notice with you , better not to visit on Monday(becase of rush), please update us after your visit to local USCIS.
Good Luck!!

The 800 number knows nothing as usual.
-----that 1-800 is BS
I also checked and they told me my FP cleared the same day. Mine is a Family based through Marriage case. Any Info would be greatly appreciated. The original submission date was April 04/03.

Regards,

QCO1

Ginnu,

I went to the Baltimore office this morning. Cant say the experience was that bad because despite everything the officers were really very nice. I must have argued with them for abt a good 1/2 hr and they kept explaining to me that without the physical file they cant issue an EAD.They told me that they could not issue me an IEAD since my physical file still has not arrived in Baltimore. I showed them that I have received letters from the Baltimore office (FP and Medical request)and they said that it is generated from the temp file. Now my concern when will they schedule my interview, will it be denied because the file is still not there. This concerns me. I also contacted the senators office which had forwarded an email to me from USCIS that the file has been transferred and they said that they are going to contact them again to see whats happening. Thanks for ur help.....

Regards,

QCO1

QCO1 said:
Ginnu,

I went to the Baltimore office this morning. Cant say the experience was that bad because despite everything the officers were really very nice. I must have argued with them for abt a good 1/2 hr and they kept explaining to me that without the physical file they cant issue an EAD.They told me that they could not issue me an IEAD since my physical file still has not arrived in Baltimore.
----- that is correct regarding iEAD, did you get File transfer Notice from the office where I-485 was filed? Did YOU ask for transfer or the office transfred it to Baltimore.if you have got the file transfer notice you should have shown them

I showed them that I have received letters from the Baltimore office (FP and Medical request)and they said that it is generated from the temp file.
----may be from electonic file
Now my concern when will they schedule my interview, will it be denied because the file is still not there.
---- It seems that till they get your file they will NOT send Interview date notice
This concerns me. I also contacted the senators office which had forwarded an email to me from USCIS that the file has been transferred
--- did you show them the copy of Email that file is tranfred, if YES , it means the office that sent email they have not transfred the file to Baltimore, you MUST also contact that office and attach the email copy and request them that Baltimore has NOT recieved the file till date( you dont have any proof you should have asked Baltimore office to give it in writing to you that they have NOT recieved the File) let your senator or congressman also contact that office who never sent the file to Baltimore and may be still in Mail room of that office
and they said that they are going to contact them again to see whats happening.
----- update the senators office with all the papers that your file is transfred to Baltimore and you visited Baltimore and they told you that your file has NOT reached Baltimore. Let them contact both the offices who sent the file and who never recieved the file ( they missplace the files and are expert in doing this)

Please let me know:
It seens your case is family based
1 Where your I-485 was filed
2 when did it got tranfred to Baltimore? have you any document that your File is transferd on XYZ date to Baltimore from.....
3 what is the basis of I-485 are you spouse of US citizen or...
4 where are you located in MD( if you dont feel comfortable dont write)
5 who is the Senator you are seeking help
6 did you also contacted your Congressman?

will help you whatever i can do if I get more full details as I dont remember your full case.

Nothing to worry,
Good Luck!!
QCO1

Ginnu,

Thanks for your reply,

Please let me know:
It seens your case is family based (Yes)
1 Where your I-485 was filed (Atlanta)
2 when did it got tranfred to Baltimore? have you any document that your File is transferd on XYZ date to Baltimore from.....(Fax from Sentaors Office.Also when I call the 800 number they say that the process was initiated for the transfer in March)
3 what is the basis of I-485 are you spouse of US citizen or...(Spouse)
4 where are you located in MD( if you dont feel comfortable dont write)(Silver Springs, Montgomery)
5 who is the Senator you are seeking help(Sarbanes)
6 did you also contacted your Congressman?(No)

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,

QCO1

QCO1 said:
Ginnu,

Thanks for your reply,

Please let me know:
It seens your case is family based (Yes)
1 Where your I-485 was filed (Atlanta)
2 when did it got tranfred to Baltimore? have you any document that your File is transferd on XYZ date to Baltimore from.....(Fax from Sentaors Office.Also when I call the 800 number they say that the process was initiated for the transfer in March)

------------ I think Atlanta has not sent your file to Baltimore as you/your lawyer have not recieved any transfer notice from Atlanta, 1-800 is total BS I dont belive in them, you need to contact Atlanta office.
3 what is the basis of I-485 are you spouse of US citizen or...(Spouse)
4 where are you located in MD( if you dont feel comfortable dont write)(Silver Springs, Montgomery)
5 who is the Senator you are seeking help(Sarbanes)
6 did you also contacted your Congressman?(No)

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,

QCO1

I did receive plastic card today. It is 3 weeks after the interview. Pretty good!

Also I got three identical approval notices from VSC (same A# and EAC No.). This is very puzzling. Bad thing is that my wife's case is stuck because of doctor's mistake in the medical form. And I did not get anything yet for my son, who was approved same day as I was.

Web site status was not updated for none of us.

Anyway, I am hoping for best.

I wish best luck to everyone on this forum. It is EXTREMELY helpful for all the participants.

Ginnu,

I received a letter from Baltimore today for the 20th of July for an Interview, The problem is I dont know what they are going to do if they still have not transferred my files from Atl to Baltimore as yet. I guess the other question is would Baltimore have scheduled an Interview if the files are not there already. So I am majorly confused abt the whole process....Should I also take a copy of my application which the lawyer submitted and gave me a copy to the interview as well. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a good day.

Best Regards,

QCO

QCO1 said:
Ginnu,

I received a letter from Baltimore today for the 20th of July for an Interview, The problem is I dont know what they are going to do if they still have not transferred my files from Atl to Baltimore as yet.
---Good, I am 100% sure that they have recieved your File becase only after reciving the file they send Interview notice date

I guess the other question is would Baltimore have scheduled an Interview if the files are not there already.
----- They have recieved your file( or lied to you earlier that they did not recieve the file or it may be missing in Baltimore)
So I am majorly confused abt the whole process....Should I also take a copy of my application which the lawyer submitted and gave me a copy to the interview as well.
--take all what you feel will be ok. and the also send a paper with interview notice what to bring
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a good day.
------- who is your interview officer ? A B C or D?(that is on your interview notice)
Good Luck!!!Best Regards,

QCO

Ginnu,

My interview officer is C. Does any one have any info about how he or she is?

Thanks,

QCO

Does anybody have any info abt Officer C at Baltimore. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

QCO

QCO1 said:
Does anybody have any info abt Officer C at Baltimore. Any info would be appreciated.
----I have asked a friend who attended Interview with officer C at Baltimore 4 months back according to him HE is a good officer. other info I got is that they can also shift the officers so sometime A becomes B or B becomes C.
I dont think you have any problems they are just going to check orignal documents and you may be out in 20 minutes with GC stamp.

Good Luck!!

Officer C (September 2003)

I don't know if it will be the same person. I was interviewed by Officer C in Baltimore last September 2003. He was extremely professional. He went through the 485 application form (asked me for my birthdate, birthplace, parents' names, etc.) and looked at my original passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate (I was a derivative applicant). The whole thing lasted about 20 minutes or less. Good luck!

Ginnu/Pegh,

Thanks for the reply. I went to Baltimore again today to try for my EAD. The good news is they issued me an IEAD for 8 mths. The bad news is they told me my physical file is still not there. So I guess I'll find out what happens now on the 20th. If they approve me or give me a run around. Even for my EAD they gave me a lot of grief saying that ur interview is in a few days just wait. Bit finally issued one when I said that regardless of the interview date I need the EAD to work. Hope everybody has a good night.

Regards,

QCO