B2 - rejected twice

austin316

Registered Users (C)
#62
validity of docs!!

hi folks!!
-how long are docs like letter of employment and bank statement valid? like if date of interview is in nov.and i'm sending in aug,do u think they will be valid till nov.
-also should i write letter of invitation to my mom in hindi,if we r requesting interview in hindi.do u think officer will ask translation/copy of it?
thanks a lot!!
austin.
 
#63
Annotation:214B overcome

Hi all,
I have multiple entry visa to US,on the visa stamp it is mentioned under annotation as:'214B overcome'.What does this signify?It is any waiver for something?
thanks,
-drkumar
 

BMS

Registered Users (C)
#64
Dipsite said:
Hello.

My parents applied for their visitors visa for the first time in Feb. 2002 and were rejected with 214(b) reasons. Then they applied again on June 30th 2005 and were rejected again with same reasons. The Indian lady behind the counter didn't even look at the documents that I had sent and said "I dont think you will return to India" and rejected the case. I'm a permanent resident and own a house, work a decent job. My parents own a house, business, etc and still.. Would appreciate any input from gurus here!!!
Does the congress man letter really helps? How to go about it? Whats the format? Also, Priya_23 would appreciate your input about mock interviews. My email id is ksibal@hotmail.com..
Are there any visa consultants who can help? This was the experience at Delhi Embassy. Thanks in advance.
Even I am sailing in the same boat. I applied for visitor visa for my mother in Dec 2005. The consulate officer posed the same queries to my mother regarding the no of children and their place of living. Fortunately or unfortunately both me and my sister are in US. So also my mother is a widow. Officer rejected outrightly without even glancing thru the papers. Priya_23 or Dipsite or anyone can give me more details how to apply again & get the visa approval .
 

Priya_23

Registered Users (C)
#65
BMS/Dipsite,

sorry for the late response. I dont check this thread often.

I guess there is no golden trick to getting a visitor visa. As random and arbitrary it is, there are a few things we did which we think helped.

1. ask for a shorter period, like 2-4 months. also if there is valid social reason, like marriage, graduation etc that helps.

2. Strong cover letter. we made a cover letter which was more bullet point style and the headline was "why we dont want to immigrate to the US". think simple and to_the_point. No one wants to read paragraphs and stories.

3. Letter from Congressman - very simple. So and so is apply at your office...we understand they financial and social commitments in India hence can only stay for a short period.

4. mock interviews - we coducted mock interviews for hours for about 3 weeks. Simple questions, why, who are you staying with, whos going to sponsor, what will you do, why will you come back. Some may argue that if the officer doesnt even ask one question how does it help? Well i think it helps, because the interviewee is confident and interviewers can sense it.
When we first started the mock interviews, my in-laws gave rambling answers which were perfect for opening a can of worms. When we were done, they sounded very confident and gave very concise answers. Kinda like speak when you are spoken to and didnt volunteer extra information that could be used against them.

Again, all this may not work but may help. Let me know if you guys have more questions.

Good luck!

Priya
 
#66
Business Visa Rejected at Delhi consulate u/s 221g

Hi Folks,
I had a B1 visa intw at Delhi consulate on 9th Feb,The consular officer said she was no problems in issuing me a visa,however she said my application requires additional adminsitrative processing before a final decision can be made.This office will contact you once this administrative processing has been completed.She said it will take 3-5 weeks for this.

Is this a visa rejection case? Is there any hope that i can get the visa.
Meanwhile can i reapply for a fresh appointment.

If anyone has similar experience , pls suggest

Thanks in advance.
 

deba_sinh

Registered Users (C)
#67
Priya_23,

Thanks for the info.
- Can you please help all of us out by posting a draft cover letter?
- How do we get the letter from Congressman? Can you give some pointers please?

My parents were rejected from Calcutta consulate Oct/05. I had sent all the paperwork. The visa officer simply denied after the same stupid 2/3 question.

I hear the new Visa Officer at CAl is rejecting visitor visa for parents left and right.

Please HELP!

Thanks,
DEB



Priya_23 said:
BMS/Dipsite,

sorry for the late response. I dont check this thread often.

I guess there is no golden trick to getting a visitor visa. As random and arbitrary it is, there are a few things we did which we think helped.

1. ask for a shorter period, like 2-4 months. also if there is valid social reason, like marriage, graduation etc that helps.

2. Strong cover letter. we made a cover letter which was more bullet point style and the headline was "why we dont want to immigrate to the US". think simple and to_the_point. No one wants to read paragraphs and stories.

3. Letter from Congressman - very simple. So and so is apply at your office...we understand they financial and social commitments in India hence can only stay for a short period.

4. mock interviews - we coducted mock interviews for hours for about 3 weeks. Simple questions, why, who are you staying with, whos going to sponsor, what will you do, why will you come back. Some may argue that if the officer doesnt even ask one question how does it help? Well i think it helps, because the interviewee is confident and interviewers can sense it.
When we first started the mock interviews, my in-laws gave rambling answers which were perfect for opening a can of worms. When we were done, they sounded very confident and gave very concise answers. Kinda like speak when you are spoken to and didnt volunteer extra information that could be used against them.

Again, all this may not work but may help. Let me know if you guys have more questions.

Good luck!

Priya
 

sohaib

Registered Users (C)
#68
Will the congreeman letter help or worsen the case?

My moms visa got rejected last week. I thought the letter from Congressman will help on her next appointement but this is what I found in one of the immigration site regarding the congressman/senator letter:

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/refusal.html

He states that the letter is higly unlikely to help.

Also about obtaining the letter from congressmen I hope that the following link would help:

http://www.house.gov/shays/constituents/casework/immigration.htm

Read following sections in the above webpage
How can Congressman Shays assist me with obtaining a visitor visa?
How do I request assistance from Congressman Shays?

Will the congressman letter help or worsen the case?
 

advani

Registered Users (C)
#69
mumbai-uncle visa rejected need help

My uncle's visa was refused yesterday. Can u anybody tell me if they have to get into line for appointment for second interview (which means another 4-5 months). Is there a way where second interview appointment is given on a priority basis. please help
 
#70
The U.s. Citizens Foreign Family Visa Ammendment

The current U.S. immigration policy towards family members of U.S. Citizens in foreign countries is destructive to familial relationships. The current policies and procedures breed distrust and ill will towards Americans Citizens within their own family, and towards United States Government and its people. Treating American Citizen’s foreign family with dignity and respect will pave the way towards strengthening the common bonds American Citizens share with our families in countries all around the world.

DEMAND YOUR FAMILIAL VISITATION RIGHTS

Please share this site with friends and family who are interested in securing equitable Familial Rights for American families. Please share information on this site with your elected officials to help effect change in the current Non-immigrant Visa policies towards family members of American Citizens.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#71
sohaib said:
My moms visa got rejected last week. I thought the letter from Congressman will help on her next appointement but this is what I found in one of the immigration site regarding the congressman/senator letter:

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/refusal.html

He states that the letter is higly unlikely to help.

Also about obtaining the letter from congressmen I hope that the following link would help:

http://www.house.gov/shays/constituents/casework/immigration.htm

Read following sections in the above webpage
How can Congressman Shays assist me with obtaining a visitor visa?
How do I request assistance from Congressman Shays?

Will the congressman letter help or worsen the case?
Hi

I do not think it will make any difference if the Congressman write a letter


My son has just been denied , situation

1. Huband, mother brother are LPR living in the usa.

2. Sons CSPA case, heard Oct 2005, aged out

3. Son always visits once a year over thanksgiving, christmas and new year as husband was ill son came again in may 2006

4. Husband died 13th May 2006 and son had to leave the USA before 90 days (visa waiver)

5. Son needs to be back in USA to help probate, and find final resting place for ashes

6. Went to American Embassy in London for B visa, Congressman sent e-mail of support. Son had proof of paying utilitiy bills, director of UK company. Took original death certificate, letter in support from my doctor, Had accident and on crutches, cant sleep etc., depression

The officer, never interviewed son. took paperwork, son waitied, the man came back just saying visa denied. He never even said sorry for your loss

The reason is son could not prove STRONG FAMILY TIES to home country
so unless this changes , do not bother applying for visa. He never will be able to prove this has changed unless we all go back to home country


look for the Ledger (owned by NY times) early next week and others
or see www.expatsvoice.org
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#73
Theone said:
Very difficult for someone eligible for VWP to obtain a B Visa.

Why did he not travel on the VWP?

Hi

He did travel on the VWP twice in the same year. Normally (whilst waiting for IV) only comes once a year.

The congressman said he should apply for B visa otherwise if son attempts to come to USA for the third time in one year, he may well be denied entry. So the idea of getting a b visa was to avoid this situation and as son had been in USA 5 month within the last 12 months the congressman sent e-mail of support of B visa, but still denied

Sue
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Theone

Registered Users (C)
#74
Ohh dear, you were given very bad advise. A waste of the application fee, but the need to declare it for ever is probably more significant.

Complete waste of time, add in your presence in the US and it was a one second decision to refuse.

He can of course still use the VWP, but he will need to declare the refused visa which guarantees questioning when he may have just passed through otherwise.

So tell him to take plenty of evidence of his ties, letter from employer whatever requiring his return home.
 

bat

New Member
#75
Visitor visa rejected twice need help/ suggestions

My parents visa got rejected twice May 2003 and Nov 2006.
In 2003 we tried for my parents and younger sister (19 at that time). They asked just 2-3 basic

quesgtions and rejected right away. I think it was because my sister was young and could come here

and stay/ get married to a citizen
In Nov 2006 i tried only for my parents,they still rejected it. My father has his own business and

my mom is a homemaker.
They were asked why they want to visit usa, my father said to see beautiful places in US and to see

my daughter.
Visa officer asked how long you will stay my father said 5-6 months.
Ofiicer asked why so long my father tried to explain but officer moved on to next question
Who will look after the business my father said my nephew will look after it, i have a joint family

and we all live together.
Then she said why you want to stay for 6 months and he could not convince her
They got rejected
Now the thing is I am pregnant and due in March, and i would really like at least my mom to come.

This is my first child.
I was thinking i will agian try in December end just for my mother's visa.
But if they ask why you are trying again so soon I don't know what should be the perfect answer, can

someone give any input on it.
Has anyone applied within a month of getting rejected?

Thank you for your help

B
 

kkprasadh

Registered Users (C)
#76
Hi,

I applied for my grandma immediately within two months after she was rejected and got visa the second time.
I think the chances are more if your mom only go for the visa as it will assure the officer that she will come back as her husband is in india.

Good Luck.

Krishna

bat said:
My parents visa got rejected twice May 2003 and Nov 2006.
In 2003 we tried for my parents and younger sister (19 at that time). They asked just 2-3 basic

quesgtions and rejected right away. I think it was because my sister was young and could come here

and stay/ get married to a citizen
In Nov 2006 i tried only for my parents,they still rejected it. My father has his own business and

my mom is a homemaker.
They were asked why they want to visit usa, my father said to see beautiful places in US and to see

my daughter.
Visa officer asked how long you will stay my father said 5-6 months.
Ofiicer asked why so long my father tried to explain but officer moved on to next question
Who will look after the business my father said my nephew will look after it, i have a joint family

and we all live together.
Then she said why you want to stay for 6 months and he could not convince her
They got rejected
Now the thing is I am pregnant and due in March, and i would really like at least my mom to come.

This is my first child.
I was thinking i will agian try in December end just for my mother's visa.
But if they ask why you are trying again so soon I don't know what should be the perfect answer, can

someone give any input on it.
Has anyone applied within a month of getting rejected?

Thank you for your help

B
 

robinlow

Registered Users (C)
#77
I own company in the US and I'm planning to start a non-profit. As I have other investments overseas, (In Hong Kong and Singapore), I did not pay myself a salary in US, though I am managing it.

Currently, the company has 2 employees and it is doing pretty well. I'd like to start to seriously concentrate to grow the company and wanted to get a B1/B2 visa so that I can stay in US for 6 months if required without leaving the country just to get my passport chopped and renewal of my I94.

When I was at the embassy, the officer asked about my company and why I did not hire an "American" to manage my company, questioned why I needed a visa.

I told him I wanted to grow the company in 2007 until a point where I can hire a CEO to manage it, but it is not at that point yet. The officer did not understand what owning the company meant, and just denied my visa application out of ignorance.

My reason "growing the company" was not enough for me to go and visit the US.

I was wondering is there any other way I could get a visa to have an option to stay for 6 months?

This 6 months is crucial as I hope to build enough relations with my customers and distributors to see if I can hire more sales managers and have enough revenue to hire someone to manage the company for me.
 

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
#78
Robinlow,
What citizenship and which consulate? You mentioned that you want a visa that will let you stay 6 months? Are you holding a passport that lets you come to the US for 90 days under VWP, but want a B-1 for 6 months?
Please clarify.
 
#79
Hi,
I applied for B1 visa 8 months back and the visa was denied under section 221(g). Recently the New Delhi Consulate contacted me and asked me to drop only the passport . What does this mean..Should i assume that I will get visa or still there is chance of visa denial.???
Can they ask for passport just to put "rejected" stamp????

Thanks
JOE
 

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
#80
Joe,
221(g) means the applicant is missing essential documents. Were you requested to submit anything after your interview? Send your passport and you will find out.
Good luck!!!
 
Top