B2 - rejected twice

well .my sister was rejected

any my parents,though they have travelled all over the world and USA for so many years,and are over 65,were still called for an interview,and finally,after a long rude wait got a visa of 8months

My sister has travelled to the US and all over too (my dad was VP of a non-Indian airline) ...
yet they rejected her visa..
I emailed the consulate in mumbai...as they should post a sign clearly stating:

no tourist visas..dont even bother..oh but wait..give us ur $100 fee first..and we'll keep rejecting u

IF anyone knows of such agents (and all disclaimers of the existence of agents is bull*** ,as I know tons of gujarati businessman,illiterate,who still get visas using such agents)

for the mumbai consulate,for young people...please let me know
Thanks

atleast your parents got the visa..........

they rejected my parents visa three years back....they were so disheartened they never applied again!!!!!

The way these officers misuse their power.........

Can someone suggest the kind of documents to be carried when parents apply for visa, that would indicate 'strong ties to home country..'

I mean, besides their bank statements, property papers, etc.,
is there some other document which would help ?

dbmanish , similar things happened with my parents also who applied at the drop-box. have you come up with any ideas/inputs from others after twice rejection.
Any inputs on the congressman letter ?
Pl help.

yes.looks so. mumbai consulate.
no questions. they said all papers look ok. rejected bcause asked for salary/pension & said it is not sufficient. dont know why they have to do that when we r sponsoring. they didnt even look at the docs. for proof of binding ties.

just curious if we can apply

in another consulate - I know others have asked this question,and they say no:
but if u read in the cosulates' web site,there's no such limiting factor,other than proximity
I know Delhi consulate is better - one of my friends' moms got rejected twice in mumbai,and after 2 yrs,applied in Kolkatta..
ANy ideas?
I emailed delhi consulate asking this,but they did not reply (As expected)
thanks

I dont think we can apply at other consulates bcause the application rules states we need to be resident or something for some no.of yrs to start with. Thats what I remember having read in chennai consulate site...

Did dbmanish get some solution? has v_indian got back to anyone with the congressman details?

Reply from US VISA

A month back or so, I has sent an email to US VISA asking some help on this issue; address was found from http://travel.state.gov/visa;visitors.html web site, got the answer last week that my father needs to show solid ties (how?) with his country, that he doesn't intent to work in US (I don't know how to prove that at consular office?) and would return to his country (I don't know how to prove that at consular office?). It also said that you can't do much to get VISA, it's all depend on him to prove and the officer. But I don't know how to prove all these at consular office.

Does any one know how many times one can apply by mail?
Can I (if happen to go there with GC) visit Consular office? .... with the application and talk with the officer?

Thanks.

Re: Reply from US VISA

Originally posted by dbmanish
A month back or so, I has sent an email to US VISA asking some help on this issue; address was found from http://travel.state.gov/visa;visitors.html web site, got the answer last week that my father needs to show solid ties (how?) with his country, that he doesn't intent to work in US (I don't know how to prove that at consular office?) and would return to his country (I don't know how to prove that at consular office?). It also said that you can't do much to get VISA, it's all depend on him to prove and the officer. But I don't know how to prove all these at consular office.

Does any one know how many times one can apply by mail?
Can I (if happen to go there with GC) visit Consular office? .... with the application and talk with the officer?

Thanks.

There is no limit as far as I know to how many times you can apply by mail. Each consulate has its own procedures for in-person visits. Check their web site and then call them.

Visa was rejected for staying longer last time..

My in-laws has to appear for personal interview.
The officer did not spend more than 45 seconds to
review and reject the application. His issue was that
they stayed longer last time when they visited.

They applied for extention before 6 months expired.
They got the approval after they left.. The approval
letter is missing. But we have all the details of the
application form :-(

My questions are:

1. Can we get the approval letter from INS if
we provide the WAC number and details?

2. What is the letter contents that are needed
from Congress person if we want to attach a letter?

3. How long does it take to get a green card
if the son is a US citizen?

Please provide any other information that will be helpful
in securing the visa..

Thanks,
Suri

The congressman letter mentioned in this link , I guess would be emailed directly to the consulate.
So how does one draw a reference to the email with his case? Anyone who have tried this congressman letter, pl help.

Guys,

My mom's visa got rejected twice. Is it possible to apply for visitor visa in person after it got rejected twice.

I didn't see in Chennai Counsulate web site that one can't appear in person after the visa got rejected twice.

TIA

Hello friends,

I had re-applied for B1 and denied again. I lost 2nd attempt also.
I have following doubts,
What types of documents are needed for B1?
Can I apply for B1 again?
Is there any other type of visa instead of B1?
What are the major reasons of rejection and what are the solutions for that?
How many times I can apply?
Is company's registration in US consulate necessary?
In my case I have recently joined the company but as per the requirement they have to send me to US, Does the joining date makes any difference for getting the Visa?
If yes then, what is the solution for that?
Shall I have to send documents with the application form itself?
They never look at the documents at the time of interview.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciable.

Visa rejected

Could you provide the details of Congressman letter.
I am also in the same boat.
Thanks

There is no congressmen letter, I knoe off. Someone did mention it in this thread and I also asked for it.

Regards.

worried

I am getting married to a natural american very soon. my parents are going to apply for a visitors visa. i dont know if they will get thier visa or not.

i dont know how my fiance can help.

hera

wkar said:
Hello friends,

I had re-applied for B1 and denied again. I lost 2nd attempt also.
I have following doubts,
What types of documents are needed for B1?
Can I apply for B1 again?
Is there any other type of visa instead of B1?
What are the major reasons of rejection and what are the solutions for that?
How many times I can apply?
Is company's registration in US consulate necessary?
In my case I have recently joined the company but as per the requirement they have to send me to US, Does the joining date makes any difference for getting the Visa?
If yes then, what is the solution for that?
Shall I have to send documents with the application form itself?
They never look at the documents at the time of interview.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciable.