August 2011 Filers

Hey Jamie-ekel! What time did you go and what was your excuse??? I tried telling the truth that I was walk in but it didn't work, then I told the lady that I was a walk in because I would be out of town and she said "Make another appoitment, because your appointment is for sept 1st and not today". lol I was just thinking "Damn lady!"

Hey you, can you go to another office? I didn't ask me any reason that I need to do the walk-in. When I went, they are only 1 person waiting. They were not working on anyone either. I went there at 12pm. where is your location in California?

kadidja - 20th August 2011 04:28 PM Edit Report
01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application -
06-Aug-11 Text NOA's Received -
08-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received -
12-Aug-11 Bio Notification -
07-Sept-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 EAD Received I-765
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

Hi there,
I am another August 2011's filer.
I wanted to attend a relative wedding in europe on oct 29, do you guys think the interview will be done at that time and I will have at least the advance parole otherwise my husband and my 2 years old will have to travel without me.

Good luck to everyone

Almost zero chance. Check the timelines of people on here and you'll probably only see one or two applications which took three months or less. If you did not overstay and want to use advance parole, you should have already filed for it.

kadidja - 20th August 2011 04:28 PM Edit Report
01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application -
06-Aug-11 Text NOA's Received -
08-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received -
12-Aug-11 Bio Notification -
07-Sept-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Hi there,
I am another August 2011's filer.
I wanted to attend a relative wedding in europe on oct 29, do you guys think the interview will be done at that time and I will have at least the advance parole otherwise my husband and my 2 years old will have to travel without me.

Good luck to everyone

to anaga73,

I did fill the AP at the same time which is 01 Aug 2011. How long does the Advance Parole take to get approved again I am not talking about the green card. I have never overstayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere from about two months. Its cutting it close but you might just receive it before that trip at the end of October. Maybe what you can do is buy a refundable ticket, a little bit more expensive. Have you ever overstayed? If you have don't even think about stepping a foot out till you get that green card.

to anaga73,

I did fill the AP at the same time which is 01 Aug 2011. How long does the Advance Parole take to get approved again I am not talking about the green card

no i have never overstayed, the last time i entered the us was in May 25, 2011, I did not have any problem.

Quick update:

08-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 0
XX-XXX-11 USCIS Received Application -
12-Aug-11 Check Cleared - Day 4
20-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 12
XX-XXX-11 Bio Notification -
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Hey you, can you go to another office? I didn't ask me any reason that I need to do the walk-in. When I went, they are only 1 person waiting. They were not working on anyone either. I went there at 12pm. where is your location in California?

Hey jamie_ekel! I will just wait for my appointment date, I even got lucky that my appointment will be very soon :). So far, we believe our timeline is pretty good :). Thanks,

P.S: my location is Chula Vista office and I don't believe I can go to another office.

Those kind abound in government jobs. Small people with big person syndrome. Don't sweat it, looks like there is nothing you can do. Conceded there are some places which are very busy and regular walk-ins would throw them off schedule however I believe many of the guards who turn people away are just power tripping.

Thanks Ananga73 and Mantikos! I understand that they are doing their jobs but what drives me crazy was the "attitude". I just hate to have to handle with people that works for the government in general; exactly like Ananga73 said "Small people with big person syndrome" lol. Have you been to the DMV lately??? ha ha DMV still my number 1 place to avoid lol.

Hi all, hope that you guys had a great weekend! Seems like everyone has been making good progress! Just wanted to update on my timeline, I got the NOAs and Bio appointment in the mail! Will attempt for a walk-in some time next week. Hopefully won't encounter the "small people with big person syndrome"! :)

No progress

Sent Concurrent I-130, I-485 and i-765 on 7/21 and I have not received anything NOA or nor have my checks been cashed. Do you know if there is a delay?

Thank you,

Yes clearly there is a problem. Your package is either being returned to you [rejection] or is missing somewhere in their files. Mantikos had the same problem.
Sent Concurrent I-130, I-485 and i-765 on 7/21 and I have not received anything NOA or nor have my checks been cashed. Do you know if there is a delay?

Thank you,

In Mantikos case they lost the I-130. In some other cases, the forms were incorrectly filled, there was no initial evidence, or the fee sent was wrong. Which of these egregious sins did you commit? :):) Come now confess!

Wow! What was wrong with the packet?

Well we hired someone to help us the only thing I can think of is that maybe they lost i-130. I am just gonna wait this week and then call.

Hi Mantikos, how are you? I have a quick question regarding the early walk-in for biometrics. I just received the NoAs on August 19th from Chicago office, and I assume the biometrics letter will come soon too. But I am going abroad from Sep 2-18th, and I am so afraid that I will miss the appointment date if I am travelling, and I don't want to re-schedule since it will take longer time. I wonder how you walk in? Just go there and tell them my situation or I need to call ahead of time? Please advise. Thank you very much :) Rachel

Hey guys, I am new here. Please see signature below.
I was wondering if they ever skip the interview all together and just aprove the petition.
As per rachelzhao's question. After I read here about walk-in bio I just looked up what time the office opened and me and my wife were there first thing in the morning.
We were the first one's in line and no-one did not even asked us anything. It was in and out 15 minutes max.

In my case the gaurd was on lunch break and one of the fingerprint machine operators was subbing in for her and her inexperience with my kiss a$$ attitude helped the situation...
I was there at 1:00 pm and she said they won't even be able tell me if they can accomodate me that day till past 3:00 pm and I said sure thing ma'am, due you mind if I wait right here...she realized I wasn't going anywhere without my FP and just gave me the form and said this will our lil secret if the gaurd was here you wouldn't get past her!

Rachel , from Page 2 of this thread