August 2011 Filers

Hi guys, I was wondering should I be worried if I cannot check my case status online (it reads "case cannot be found") after receiving the NOA's and bio notification in the mail last week? :confused: Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Strange. It does say though that to wait for a couple of weeks after receiving NOA to check the website.
Hi guys, I was wondering should I be worried if I cannot check my case status online (it reads "case cannot be found") after receiving the NOA's and bio notification in the mail last week? :confused: Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

hey folks. Just sharing my experience about my walk-in biometrics today. I am posting in this thread as I see people in a similar situation.
This was my second attempt btw, my first attempt was futile. During my first attempt the immigration office was packed. Second time around I was the only guy in the office. Also it helps that I showed up 45 minutes before they could close and no applicants were around for fingerprinting.
The clerk at the front desk gave me a little attitude but they eventually allowed me to do the fingerprinting. However the entire procedure takes not more than 15 minutes.
Good luck to everyone else trying an early walk in.

Update ! Update ! Update !

On a hunch, I checked the USCIS website right now and I see the following :

On September 8, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 7, 2011. The same status is showing on my son's I-485 as well.....

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Priority Date : Aug 5, 2011
Fingerprint Notice : Aug 15, 2011
Walk-in fingerprint done : Aug 17, 2011 (Atlanta DO)
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011 (no email yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!

On a hunch, I checked the USCIS website right now and I see the following :

On September 8, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 7, 2011. The same status is showing on my son's I-485 as well.....

Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011 (no email yet)

Thanks Ananga73.....

Just received Interview letter in mail, scheduled for 10/7 at 12.45 pm

Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011
Mail received on Sep 9: Interview on Oct 7, 2011 at 12.45 PM in Atlanta

Can't located father case on USCIS.gov using NOA receipt number!

Filed I485 and I130 concurrently for my parents. the Notice of Action for both applicants were received on 8/24/2011. However I can't locate any of the pending case (I184, I130 et al) for my father; my mom's case showed up fine on USCIS's website. How long does it take to USCS to enter the case into their system?

August 10, 2011 Applications for parents sent to Chicago lockbox
August 12, 2011 UPS packages delivered
August 24, Checks cashed
August 28, NOA received. Mom's case shows up online, however dad's case can't be located online.

@ FALCYON.
What a great news to have you interview scheduled.
We have the same timeline and same location (atlanta)My priority date is august 2nd. My fingerprint apt was way after your apt (Sept 7), and I don't have a interview date. Should I be worry?
Thank you for your inputs

Kadidja,
No, there is no need to be concerned at all....The average processing time to receive interview letter is 1.5-2 months since filing. Give it another 1-2 weeks and I'm sure you'll hear something soon as well.
I forgot to mention that even our initial biometric appointment was scheduled for Sept 7th, just like yours. However, I did an early walk-in fingerprint on Aug 17th, 2 days after i received the biometric notice on Aug 15th.

Also, I've noticed that if you file multiple applications (like as a family) like I did for my wife and son's I-485 together, USCIS usually processes it faster on an average. I noticed this when I filed my N-400 Natz application few months ago and folks that applied together with their spouses received interview letters faster than others in Atlanta.

When did you do your fingerprint ? did you do a walk-in ?

@ FALCYON.
What a great news to have you interview scheduled.
We have the same timeline and same location (atlanta)My priority date is august 2nd. My fingerprint apt was way after your apt (Sept 7), and I don't have a interview date. Should I be worry?
Thank you for your inputs

If you have already received the NOA (paper), it should be in the USCIS system by now. Give it another day or two and if it still dosen't show up, call the USCIS number. If you have any special characters in the receipt number (like # or *), it needs to be input as well along with the rest of the characters for online system to pull up the record correctly.

Filed I485 and I130 concurrently for my parents. the Notice of Action for both applicants were received on 8/24/2011. However I can't locate any of the pending case (I184, I130 et al) for my father; my mom's case showed up fine on USCIS's website. How long does it take to USCS to enter the case into their system?

August 24, Checks cashed
August 28, NOA received. Mom's case shows up online, however dad's case can't be located online.

@ Falcyon.
Thank you for your quick reply.
I have applied concurrently for I130/485/131/765.
I had my fingerprints taken on Sept 7th, I don't know what you mean by a walk-in but I went on the date as per the appointment notice letter (sept 7th).
Best of luck to u and your family and to all my august 2011 fillers

The earlier you have your biometric done, the quicker will be the response from FBI on the IBIS/Name Check. Nothing to worry, as far as I know, we will receive our EAD's around the same time as it is processed by the NBC and NOT the local DO.

However, the i-485 interview scheduling is done by the local Atlanta DO and hence a quicker background check will entail them to schedule the interviews early.
This is probably the most likely steps from fingerprinting to Interview scheduling.

Fingerprint report from ASC sent to NBC and then to FBI (electronically)
FBI does a background check ( 24 hours to 6 weeks or more)
FBI electronically sends the result back to NBC.
NBC emails local DO for next available interview date.
Local DO responds with available dates and time slot.
NBC updates case status and sends out interview scheduling letter.

@ Falcyon.
Thank you for your quick reply.
I have applied concurrently for I130/485/131/765.
I had my fingerprints taken on Sept 7th, I don't know what you mean by a walk-in but I went on the date as per the appointment notice letter (sept 7th).
Best of luck to u and your family and to all my august 2011 fillers

We always learn smth new. Thanks falcyon and einmart. I don't mind waiting for the interview but u need the advance parole for Oct, fingers crossed

Hey guys, this is a belated entry by me but better late than never I guess. I have filed for my wife recently and here are the timelines. I will update here as and when anything new happens. Good luck to all for your applications.

July 26th - Mailed Documents
July 28th - Package recieved by USCIS
Aug 15 - NOA text message recieved
Aug 17 - Recieved returned check, rejection letter(because I had overpaid, sending check for EAD when I didn't need to)
Aug 19th - Recieved NOAs in the mail, wife calmed down :)
Sep 2nd - Recieved biometrics appointment for Sep 26th
Sep 12th - Successful walk in for biometrics.

Shall I apply for I-539 for my parents?

My father's case is still not entered in USCIS's database. It is interesting that my mother's case number is higher, and her case showed up online. I also checked a few case either immediately before or after my father's case and none showed up online. I guess the situation is not unique for his case.

My parent's non immigration visa is due to expire on 10/27. I wonder shall I apply for I-539 (extension of non immigration status) for them. I still haven't receive biometric notice for either of them yet, and it's less likely their case will be approved before 10/27. I heard about the grace period from USCIS that allows an applicant to be out of status whiling waiting for I-485 approval. Any advice onI -539 application? Thanks
If you have already received the NOA (paper), it should be in the USCIS system by now. Give it another day or two and if it still dosen't show up, call the USCIS number. If you have any special characters in the receipt number (like # or *), it needs to be input as well along with the rest of the characters for online system to pull up the record correctly.

August 24, Checks cashed

Update

01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application -Day 2
06-Aug-11 Text NOA's Received -Day 6
08-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received -Day 8
12-Aug-11 Bio Notification - Day 12
07-Sept-11 Bio taken - Day 38
XX-XXX-11 EAD & AP Received I-765
23-Sept-11 IL
24-Oct-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

:D Hi to my fellow august fillers.
I got my interview letter yesterday, it is on Oct 24. Glad to see things are moving. Now I have to get ready for it.
Take care y'all