August 2011 Filers

Kirizan

Registered Users (C)
Since my timeline will look more like August Filers, I thought I'd go ahead and start the thread. Good luck to all filers!!!

Just wanted to clarify one thing.....I did file for I-765 with I-485/I-130 packet, however I did NOT pay a fee ($ 380 for EAD). Though not explicitly mentioned in the I-765 instructions about no filing fee when code is c9, I assumed that to be after reading few of the posts in this forum. Could anyone plz confirm if this is indeed true.

Atul

There is NO filing fee for I-765 if filed together with I-485. States so clearly in the instructions for I-765.

Hello Everyone! I'm glad that I found an August 2011 Filer's Thread. We also filed this month and with the help of a lawyer. Since it was sent by the lawyer then I don't believe it was sent overnight :). So, the waiting begins!!!!! I will keep updating my timeline as time goes by and wishing good luck to all!

DO/ASC: California
02-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
XX-XXX-11 USCIS Received Application -
XX-XXX-11 Text NOA's Received -
XX-XXX-11 Check Cleared -
XX-XXX-11 Notice of Action Received -
XX-XXX-11 Bio Notification -
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 EAD Received I-765
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Update ! Update ! Update !

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.

Falcyon

Hello falcyon! My timeline will very close to the timeline of your wife and son. Good luck! :)

Update ! Update ! Update !

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.

Falcyon

Wonderful News!!!!! Great sign that the process for your family will move fast. We didn't sign up for the txt/email update because we didn't know about it. So, I will have to wait patiently for the letters in the mail :). Thanks for posting your update.

yes, that is the G-1145 Form....However, once you receive the receipt numbers, you can visit the uscis website and sign-up for email updates at a later point as well....

I am expecting yours and my paper receipts should arrive in mail mid-to-late next week.

Wonderful News!!!!! Great sign that the process for your family will move fast. We didn't sign up for the txt/email update because we didn't know about it. So, I will have to wait patiently for the letters in the mail :). Thanks for posting your update.

Falcyon
You did the right thing. I sent extra 380 for I 765. It took them three weeks extra to process my application.

Good Afternoon: Thank you for your inquiry. Your package is pending review by the USCIS staff at the Lockbox because it was submitted with an extra, unneeded fee of $380. We refer you to our website, www.uscis.gov, where complete forms, filing instructions and fee guidance are available at no charge. There is no fee required for the I-765 when it is filed concurrently with the I-485. This overpayment will be returned to you and the rest of your package will be processed. Your package will be processed in order with all other package requiring USCIS action at the Lockbox. Receipt numbers and notices are generated when processing is complete.
We trust the website resource will be useful to you in all future immigration filing. The Lockbox Support Team U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

yes, that is the G-1145 Form....However, once you receive the receipt numbers, you can visit the uscis website and sign-up for email updates at a later point as well....

I am expecting yours and my paper receipts should arrive in mail mid-to-late next week.

Thanks for the information, I will definitely sign up for the email updates. Hopefully next week I will get my receipts :)

Oh Well, checking my mailbox daily and nothing yet :). Any August Filers out there?? below is my timeline.
Have a great week everyone! :)

DO/ASC: California
02-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
XX-XXX-11 USCIS Received Application -
XX-XXX-11 Text NOA's Received -
XX-XXX-11 Check Cleared -
XX-XXX-11 Notice of Action Received -
XX-XXX-11 Bio Notification -
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 EAD Received I-765
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

Yay, just received the 5 different i-797 receipts in mail today.

I see that all receipts have a priority date of August 3rd (date the application was received at lockbox) and not the date email was sent (aug 5), which is good.