August 2011 Filers

Thanks......Yes, but I don't think it makes a difference. I did an early fingerprint during my N-400 Naturalization application and my timeline with the other applicants in the Atlanta area was close. If my wife's namecheck goes smooth, I might receive the interview letter early (not necessarily an early interview date) but NOT the EAD, as they should be processed in sequence based on application receipt date.

Anyway, I had some slack time today and so went to ASC and got my wife's and son's fingerprint/photo done. Lets see how that reflects in the actual timeline.

Falcyon

Thanks Falcyon! I am so glad things are moving forward :). Congratulations in the biometric appointment; your appointment letter came super fast. Is your family going to try an early walk in?

Hello Again to All!!!!

Updates!!!! I got my Biometrics appointment in the mail and its scheduled for September 1st!!!! Good Luck to all!!!!

DO/ASC: California
02-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 0
08-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 6
12-Aug-11 Check Cleared - Day 10
15-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 13
17-Aug-11 Bio Notification for 09/01 - Day 15
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 EAD Received I-765
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

Thanks......Yes, but I don't think it makes a difference. I did an early fingerprint during my N-400 Naturalization application and my timeline with the other applicants in the Atlanta area was close. If my wife's namecheck goes smooth, I might receive the interview letter early (not necessarily an early interview date) but NOT the EAD, as they should be processed in sequence based on application receipt date.

Anyway, I had some slack time today and so went to ASC and got my wife's and son's fingerprint/photo done. Lets see how that reflects in the actual timeline.

Falcyon

Awesome that you had a successful walk in!!!! Can't wait to see in how will reflect in the actual timeline :)

Congrats bepositive......Your case is moving along fine.....

Hello Again to All!!!!

Updates!!!! I got my Biometrics appointment in the mail and its scheduled for September 1st!!!! Good Luck to all!!!!

XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Hello Again to All!!!!

XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Hey you,

Got my ASC appointment today ( 8/26)

2011 (california)
Aug 4, sent Application
Aug 11, check cashed
Aug 16, NOA Received
Aug 18, ASC Appointment Notice (Appointment on 8/26)
Aug 18, Walk in ASC , Successful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, thought I'd chime in.

08-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 0
XX-XXX-11 USCIS Received Application -
12-Aug-11 Check Cleared - Day 4
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received -
XX-XXX-11 Bio Notification -
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Is it pretty common not to receive txt/e-mail? We attached it with every packet.

Hi bepositive2011,

I did the walk in today !! Successed!! Where are you in CAlifornia?

Congratulations jamie-ekel! I am in San Diego area...I guess the lady woke up on the wrong side of the bed today lol. Well, I will be back tomorrow twice; I will try really early before the office opens and before the office closes....hopefully someone else will be there lol (Otherwise, they will get tired of me until i get the fingerprints done)

Hi bepositive2011,

I did the walk in today !! Successed!! Where are you in CAlifornia?

Hey Jamie-ekel! What time did you go and what was your excuse??? I tried telling the truth that I was walk in but it didn't work, then I told the lady that I was a walk in because I would be out of town and she said "Make another appoitment, because your appointment is for sept 1st and not today". lol I was just thinking "Damn lady!"

Hey guys, thought I'd chime in.

08-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 0
XX-XXX-11 USCIS Received Application -
12-Aug-11 Check Cleared - Day 4
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received -
XX-XXX-11 Bio Notification -
XX-XXX-11 Walkin Bio -
XX-XXX-11 IL
XX-XXX-11 Interview Date

Is it pretty common not to receive txt/e-mail? We attached it with every packet.

Welcome Melsim! I have read that some people never got email/txts even thought they sent the form (For many people works and others for some weird reason doesn't). I applied after i got my NOAs and I never received anything! No worries and you will get something in the mail soon :)

Ok everyone, I will have to wait until my appointment :(. I tried this morning again, and guess who was there? The same lady from yesterday lol....long story short, she made it clear that SHE IS THERE EVERYDAY and SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT WALK IN. Can you believe it???? She talked like she owned the place lol.

Those kind abound in government jobs. Small people with big person syndrome. Don't sweat it, looks like there is nothing you can do. Conceded there are some places which are very busy and regular walk-ins would throw them off schedule however I believe many of the guards who turn people away are just power tripping.

Ok everyone, I will have to wait until my appointment :(. I tried this morning again, and guess who was there? The same lady from yesterday lol....long story short, she made it clear that SHE IS THERE EVERYDAY and SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT WALK IN. Can you believe it???? She talked like she owned the place lol.

Those kind abound in government jobs. Small people with big person syndrome. Don't sweat it, looks like there is nothing you can do.

Well she's really just doing her job...which is to prevent walk-ins and maintain order, just because a few of us got through doesn't make it the norm bud :)

In my case the gaurd was on lunch break and one of the fingerprint machine operators was subbing in for her and her inexperience with my kiss a$$ attitude helped the situation...
I was there at 1:00 pm and she said they won't even be able tell me if they can accomodate me that day till past 3:00 pm and I said sure thing ma'am, due you mind if I wait right here...she realized I wasn't going anywhere without my FP and just gave me the form and said this will our lil secret if the gaurd was here you wouldn't get past her!