Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Check the in-line response.
compiler said:
What kind of NOF did you receive
--Offered Salary was below Prevailing Wage
and how do you rebut it?
--My Company increased the offere salary to 95% of the prevailing wage
What is your case regional receipt date?
-- May 23rd 2003
When was that NOF issued
-- NOF Issued on Nov 19th 2004
and when will be the deadline for the response?
--Dec 23rd (I beleive)

Perm

12/14/2004 PERM Cleared12/10/04

The White House announced in the dawn today that it cleared the long-awaited PERM final regulation of the U.S. Department of Labor. The exact date of release of this regulation in the federal register is unknown and left to the DOL, but it may not take too long to release this regulation. The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, previously stated that once the regualtion was published, it would have 60-day window period of time before the PERM program would be actually launched. Now, PERM is reality and no longer the subject of speculation.
The current labor certification system of RIR, Limited Review, and Regular labor certification applications will soon disappear and be discontinued. The National Processing Centers in Chicago and Atlanta will go into full operation of the new labor certification applications named PERM as soon as the 60-day window is opened. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website.
SOURCE: http://www.immigration-law.com

I think our cases will go to BEC after all

PERM and Priority Date

Once PERM got implemented and Labor got cleared through PERM. Is it possible to use priority date of labor which filed in regular (SESA) in 2002 ?

I am in the EB-3 category

compiler said:
What kind of NOF did you receive
--Offered Salary was below Prevailing Wage
and how do you rebut it?
--My Company increased the offere salary to 95% of the prevailing wage
What is your case regional receipt date?
-- May 23rd 2003
When was that NOF issued
-- NOF Issued on Nov 19th 2004
and when will be the deadline for the response?
--Dec 23rd (I beleive)

You can have beers ready. You will certainly get your LC certified soon and do not need to care for such as NBC, BRC, PERM etc. You are very lucky. They may clear all May and June 2003 cases, then start the PERM. Are you subject to the EB-3 Visa Retrogression? Can you check the DOL PW number under your job title? Is it just same as they require you to increase?

PERM Approved

The Office of Management and Budget has approved DOL's PERM rule for publication in the Federal Register. The rule likely went for signature to the Assistant Secretary on 12/13, and will likely be sent on 12/14 or 12/15 to the Government Printing Office for publication in the Federal Register. An advance copy for public inspection will likely be available in the next few days. The rule will likely be published late this week or early next week. Based on repeated statements by DOL, we expect PERM to be effective 60 days from publication, i.e. as of mid-February.

I'm wondering what's gone happen with our cases.

Did you mean AVM is down all weekend and still continues to be down .. :confused:
saurabh_tulika said:
Does anyone know whats up with this AVM, Has anyone called the live person at DOL and asked why the AVM is down.

:rolleyes:

AVM Still is down, Ihave been trying to call since saturday but never able to go past the rings, the system keeps on ringing.

Some_GreenCard said:
Did you mean AVM is down all weekend and still continues to be down .. :confused:

EB-3 Visa Number Retrogression, Labor Certification Backlog Elimination, & Importance

12/14/2004: EB-3 Visa Number Retrogression, Labor Certification Backlog Elimination, & Importance of Conversion for PERM

• As the DOL is about to release the final rule of PERM new labor certification system, the Indians, Chinese, and Philippine communities are closely watching the conversion provision under the final PERM regulation. When the DOL planners devised the two pillars (PERM Electronic Processing for New Cases and Reduction of Backlogs for Existing Cases) more than six or seven years ago for the reengineering of the labor certification system, the planners seemed to intend to encourage conversion as a means to reduce the backlogs. In this regard, appropriate mechanisms to switch some of the caseloads from the Backlog Reduction Centers to the National Processing Centers in the form of "conversion" appear to be very important for the DOL to achieve the intent of the original Strategic Plan.
  • Conversion is very important for the labor certification applicants because of the upcoming visa number backlogs for EB-3 for the Indians, Chinese, and Filippinos. Since the priority date will be as important as the prompt processing of the labor certification application, unless liberal and lenient conversion provisions are incorporated in the PERM system, the DOL will fail to move some of the backlog workloads from the Backlog Reduction Centers to the National Processing Centers. Conversion also has additional importance because of the DOL policy to process the backlog cases by the Backlog Reduction Centers on the FIFO principle. Conversion will allow the involved aliens in the backlog pipelines to escape from the long and long waiting line related to the FIFO processing rule without losing the priority date. In this regard, conversion should help the DOL to achieve the goal of reducing backlogs and the aliens to achieve the dual goals of keeping priority date and obtaining the labor certification approval in a short period of time. We must say that it is a "win-win" situation for everyone involved. It is thus hoped that the soon-to-be published PERM regulation sufficiently incorporates this concept providing a lenient policy for conversion. Let's cross our fingers together.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
spoke to my lawyer regd perm and its effects and she just said not too get hopes too high as filing under the perm rules will contain more restrictions than are present under the rir .

Thanks for keeping us updated. I plan to contact my attorney about this issue too. But I already know what she's gonna say, same thing with what yours told you.

What I can't figure out is, so this NPC will only take PERM cases and theirs would be opened much earlier than ours? Under the circumstance that Labor department is enforcing the FIFO rule, this is totally not making any sense.. I know they dont' care about fairness... but still, what the heck..

mans22 said:
hi
spoke to my lawyer regd perm and its effects and she just said not too get hopes too high as filing under the perm rules will contain more restrictions than are present under the rir .

Last edited by a moderator:
AVM was down yesterday night also...anybody checked if AVM is up now.
Anybody has plans calling live operator and enquire about AVM, please post forum about the details.

Thanks

Man, it is 5th day today the AVM is down, Atleast I had that number to call every couple of hours earlier, now I do not even have that :) :(

Some_GreenCard said:
AVM was down yesterday night also...anybody checked if AVM is up now.
Anybody has plans calling live operator and enquire about AVM, please post forum about the details.

Thanks

I called my lawyer to speak to live person there at the DOL and this is what her response was

I checked with [NAME - Her Boss]. They have moved to their new location. We don’t have the new numbers. They should be published in the Federal Register soon. [NAME - Her Boss] has a teleconference with the DOL Liaison committee on Monday and he will see if anyone has been able to get the new numbers. Even if the numbers were working, it would do no good though. The US DOL has a firm policy against expediting cases for any reason. DOLs were told by HQ not to expedite for any reason (not even for age-out cases when a child needs to urgently file before he/she turns 21 years old).

You are saying (as per your lawyer) that we cant talk to live person since they have moved to new building. We should wait for federal register to public the new numbers . :confused:
saurabh_tulika said:
I called my lawyer to speak to live person there at the DOL and this is what her response was

I checked with [NAME - Her Boss]. They have moved to their new location. We don’t have the new numbers. They should be published in the Federal Register soon. [NAME - Her Boss] has a teleconference with the DOL Liaison committee on Monday and he will see if anyone has been able to get the new numbers. Even if the numbers were working, it would do no good though. The US DOL has a firm policy against expediting cases for any reason. DOLs were told by HQ not to expedite for any reason (not even for age-out cases when a child needs to urgently file before he/she turns 21 years old).

That is what it looks like from her email, but this does not mean you can not talk to them, only thing is the new phone numbers are not available yet. Do let me know if you are able to talk to someone there.

Some_GreenCard said:
You are saying (as per your lawyer) that we cant talk to live person since they have moved to new building. We should wait for federal register to public the new numbers . :confused:

Just because of EB-3 Visa Number Retrogression, I really don't see how PERM or Backlog Reduction will create such a WIN-WIN situation for Indian, Chinese and Philipines.

Nevertheless, we could expect lots of certified LC will be flooded into the I-485 stage and being shut outside due to no Visa Number.

lavendersummer said:
12/14/2004: EB-3 Visa Number Retrogression, Labor Certification Backlog Elimination, & Importance of Conversion for PERM

• As the DOL is about to release the final rule of PERM new labor certification system, the Indians, Chinese, and Philippine communities are closely watching the conversion provision under the final PERM regulation. When the DOL planners devised the two pillars (PERM Electronic Processing for New Cases and Reduction of Backlogs for Existing Cases) more than six or seven years ago for the reengineering of the labor certification system, the planners seemed to intend to encourage conversion as a means to reduce the backlogs. In this regard, appropriate mechanisms to switch some of the caseloads from the Backlog Reduction Centers to the National Processing Centers in the form of "conversion" appear to be very important for the DOL to achieve the intent of the original Strategic Plan.
  • Conversion is very important for the labor certification applicants because of the upcoming visa number backlogs for EB-3 for the Indians, Chinese, and Filippinos. Since the priority date will be as important as the prompt processing of the labor certification application, unless liberal and lenient conversion provisions are incorporated in the PERM system, the DOL will fail to move some of the backlog workloads from the Backlog Reduction Centers to the National Processing Centers. Conversion also has additional importance because of the DOL policy to process the backlog cases by the Backlog Reduction Centers on the FIFO principle. Conversion will allow the involved aliens in the backlog pipelines to escape from the long and long waiting line related to the FIFO processing rule without losing the priority date. In this regard, conversion should help the DOL to achieve the goal of reducing backlogs and the aliens to achieve the dual goals of keeping priority date and obtaining the labor certification approval in a short period of time. We must say that it is a "win-win" situation for everyone involved. It is thus hoped that the soon-to-be published PERM regulation sufficiently incorporates this concept providing a lenient policy for conversion. Let's cross our fingers together.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

Immigration-law.com doesn't mean PERM or Backlog reduction will create a win-win situation. It meant the conversion for RIR to Perm. And without that conversion or similar policy, people with RIR pending probably are definetely the biggest losers.

GC_Starter said:
Just because of EB-3 Visa Number Retrogression, I really don't see how PERM or Backlog Reduction will create such a WIN-WIN situation for Indian, Chinese and Philipines.

Nevertheless, we could expect lots of certified LC will be flooded into the I-485 stage and being shut outside due to no Visa Number.

I tried calling the number to talk to live person, but number keeps ringing nobody available to answer the phone......
I think we have to wait as your lawyer mentioned to get new number mentioned in federal register.. :eek:
saurabh_tulika said:
That is what it looks like from her email, but this
does not mean you can not talk to them, only thing is the new phone numbers are not available yet. Do let me know if you are able to talk to someone there.

The question that comes to my mind is that have the DOL after moving to the new building started working yet or are they still settling down, arranging there cubicles, calling there friends, relatives etc and giving there new phone numbers etc etc etc.
I am counting days now, Just 15 more callendar days left for the month to get over :(
Some_GreenCard said:
I tried calling the number to talk to live person, but number keeps ringing nobody available to answer the phone......
I think we have to wait as your lawyer mentioned to get new number mentioned in federal register.. :eek: