Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Follow-up

Hi Tampa-Belle,
That's right, people who have been waiting long already will get to file their I-485 earlier. Except this also kind of makes RIR or non-RIR irrelavant. Even if you are RIR and get an approval sooner, you will wait for 2yrs+ for the EB3 priority date to catch up. So everyone more or less falls into the same "time" boat.
- Dru

dru said:
Hi Tampa-Belle,
That's right, people who have been waiting long already will get to file their I-485 earlier. Except this also kind of makes RIR or non-RIR irrelavant. Even if you are RIR and get an approval sooner, you will wait for 2yrs+ for the EB3 priority date to catch up. So everyone more or less falls into the same "time" boat.
- Dru

RIR / Non-RIR only has impact only till the state clearance. The processes are different. Some of the DOLs treat RIR / non-RIR as separate queues. But once the LC approval is in place, the original application RIR / non-RIR ceases to make any distinction.

Hi TampaBelle,
If this is the case, then why does DOL dept's website shows different dates fro RIR and NonRIR at regional level as well?

Just a thought.............

TampaBelle said:
RIR / Non-RIR only has impact only till the state clearance. The processes are different. Some of the DOLs treat RIR / non-RIR as separate queues. But once the LC approval is in place, the original application RIR / non-RIR ceases to make any distinction.

clarification

joegr9 said:
Hi TampaBelle,
If this is the case, then why does DOL dept's website shows different dates fro RIR and NonRIR at regional level as well?

Just a thought.............

Hi Joegr9,

there is a distinction made between the RIR and non-RIR cases only till the LC approval at the SESA and Federal level / DOL level. There does seem to be different "queues" as different people handle RIR and non-RIR cases at the Federal level.

No such distinction is made after the LC approval i.e. when a person files for I-140 and I-485.

Sorry if I created some confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
What will happen to our pending cases in Atlanta regional office?

Guys,
so much talk about what will happen to SWA, but does anybody have any idea what will happen to the unopen cases in the atlanta regional offices? Will Atlanata regional office stay as another BEC to continue handling those cases, or will NPC or BECs in Dallas or Philly take over them. Or will the regional office merge with NPC?

Also, I'm very confused about NPC's role at this moment. If NPC only takes the cases handed in after 01/2005, does that mean new cases submitted next year will be opened before ours? But that's against any FIFO rule they claim to be implementing, right? However, I do find some posts by some lawyer kinda urging people hold the application till Jan so that it would be faster processing, even when he knows that PERM is not going to be in effect in Jan. I hope he is just another smart-a** lawyer.

So what do you think? Thanks.

To lavendersummer

I have a similar concern as yours since my case was forwarded to Atlanta but was not openned yet. I read somewhere that Atl center was moving on Dec 9th and 10th and will reopen on the 13th as NPC. And Atl will be the next regional center to forward cases to Philly or Dallas. check

www.immigration-law.com for detail. Plus, the AVM was totally down, maybe even disconnected. I guess there is nothing we can do at this point but to wait until next January or February to locate our cases. Personally I don't think they will lose our applications. Any other comments??

Good luck with everyone

thanks for sharing your thoughts.
could you please give me the source of that article on immigration-law.com about moving cases from atl regional to bec? I did a search on their breaking news and didn't find the part talking about atlanta regional office.

also, i remember some previous memo says if perm is not going to be implemented, atl will serve as another bec..

alohaahola said:
I have a similar concern as yours since my case was forwarded to Atlanta but was not openned yet. I read somewhere that Atl center was moving on Dec 9th and 10th and will reopen on the 13th as NPC. And Atl will be the next regional center to forward cases to Philly or Dallas. check

www.immigration-law.com for detail. Plus, the AVM was totally down, maybe even disconnected. I guess there is nothing we can do at this point but to wait until next January or February to locate our cases. Personally I don't think they will lose our applications. Any other comments??

Good luck with everyone

Actually it is from murthy.com

"Cases from the Atlanta and Chicago National Processing Centers (NPCs) are next on the list to be sent to the BECs. Note that these are the cases that came from the regions already and are not expected to include cases filed after January 1, 2005. "

Go to www.murthy.com and look for detail of the transition plan

retrogression /ac21

hi everyone
with the retrogression in the pd's what effect would it have on the ac21 ? since prev we could change jobs once 1-140 is approved and 180 days have passed after i-485 filing.
now i think it would not be possible to take adv of that law since we dont know when the pd's will become current for filing of i-485.
also i am not to happy with my current employer (small consulting co ) but stuck with it for the Gc and all and was waiitng for the lc approval and then the filing of i-140/485 etc which i had expected to be around 2 more yrs. my Pd is jan 2004 and its atl dol (RIR ).

but now i guess it seems a looooong long wait .
i have time till march 20th 2005 (365 days prior to 6 yrs expiry ) to file my lc again if i change employers .I am confused as to should i take this risk now .is it possible to get all the paperwork done for rir appln in 3 mths ?
or should i forget the whole gc thing and join a new company and work on hrly basis for another yr or so and go back to india ? also the project i am on right now is for a very very good company. but i dont know whether it will last for more than a yr.

i know the final decision is to be made by me but would appreciate any view points

thanks in advance

Hi all,
I need your suggetion regarding my case which has been filed in EB3 , its been forwaded to Atlanta Regional on July 2nd 2003 and my H1(6 years limit) is going expire on Dec-05 , when i spoke to my lawer he says if my labor is approved before Dec i can file for I 485 if not will have to wait under my it reaches my labor priority date ( Nov 22 2002) and my wife would like to join in college who is on H4 , could she able to apply for F1 while she in the green card process ? and for me is it good idea to wait until I-485 reaches my labor priority date or go back to Homeland work for an year and if chances permit come back here and apply for fresh Labor in EB2 , anyways would appreciate your advise on this.

thanks
avala
:confused:

Iam also in same boat as yours, well expect my spouse does not have plans to go to college. I was thinking about consular processing will be good at this time. My labor is fwded to Atlanta July 2003 and PD is Feb 2003. Iam expecting the way atlanta is processing now in another two-three months it will be cleared. I can file I 140 and opt for consular processing for 485. Iam not sure about pro and cons of consular processing but defnietly looking on that avenue.. anybody on this situation throw some light.

avala said:
Hi all,
I need your suggetion regarding my case which has been filed in EB3 , its been forwaded to Atlanta Regional on July 2nd 2003 and my H1(6 years limit) is going expire on Dec-05 , when i spoke to my lawer he says if my labor is approved before Dec i can file for I 485 if not will have to wait under my it reaches my labor priority date ( Nov 22 2002) and my wife would like to join in college who is on H4 , could she able to apply for F1 while she in the green card process ? and for me is it good idea to wait until I-485 reaches my labor priority date or go back to Homeland work for an year and if chances permit come back here and apply for fresh Labor in EB2 , anyways would appreciate your advise on this.

thanks
avala
:confused:

avala,

Your wife can go for F1 from H4. Regardless of her status she can be consider in your Greencard process.

Some_GreenCard:

You can not go for the Consular processing, because Consular processing also based on PD.

Thanks

Guys I need urgent help

Dear Friends,
I really dont know whats happening, when i called my lawyer today she told me its bad news for EB3 filings, they are going to put in backlog on jan2002, and this has effect on all chinies, indians, philiphies etc, she mentioned that some guy in the government is doing like this because he hates indians, chinees etc, we are the one always get badly effected,I am EB3 and i really dont undersstand what on earth is going on here, i requested to file EB2 from my company when i filed but they told me for your salary and wage i can file only EB3. and i should have masters itseems,Now EB3 guys will be badly effected itseems.
Now they have updated my salary, can anyone tell me is there any way to change EB3 to EB2.
I dont want to wait anymore guys.
This bloody BAs**********s dont have any better work i think, simply they keep changing rules and we are going to get badly effected itseems, we work like day and night in this country but this people are taking more advantage on us by putting all this rules and regulations and changing the terms always.

it might take 2 more years or more than that
I am helpless and got frustrated

help me guys what to do???????????????

Yes, consular processing is also based on PD, but incase if you are expecting layoff or out of project etc, you wont be out of status. That means... you can opt fo consular processing for 485, but dont need to go to India, until your PD gets current. You can work here in H1 visa and can go to india when you get interview/medical which is estimated roughly for 10 days - one month. If anything happens like layoff/ out of project you can go back and wait there for your PD and still eligbile for your GC.

atl0624 said:
avala,

Your wife can go for F1 from H4. Regardless of her status she can be consider in your Greencard process.

Some_GreenCard:

You can not go for the Consular processing, because Consular processing also based on PD.

Thanks

No choice but to wait

Hello All,
I received clarification from my lawyer, my LCA app went to Atl DOL in July 2003, RIR with EB3:

"Once the labor certification application has been approved, the next step is to file the I-140 ... However, retrogression means that you must wait until the visa number cutoff date reaches or passes your priority date in order to file your adjustment application (I-485).

You will be eligible for extensions of your H-1B status beyond the 6 year cap because you have an LCA application pending more than 365 days. Once the LCA has been approved, you will still be eligible for extensions beyond the 6 year cap by having an I-140 filed or approved on your behalf, and because you are waiting for a visa number to become available."

So seems like, can't do much about it but wait to file I-485 when PD reaches your date. Good news is that H-1 can be extended based on 1 yr from LCA or I-140 pending. Bad news is that, can't file I-485, so delay in EAD/AP etc.

Thought this might help.
- Dru

Hello everyone, happy monday....

I have a question about NOF Rebuttal, I (My Lawyer) summitted the rebuttal to the NOF on 9th of December, but I saw on Murthy.com that the ATL DOL is moving to NPC (I beleive the builiding) on 9th and 10th of december and from 13th of december the NPC would start operating. Now what would happen to my rebuttal, would it go to NPC or ATL DOL. This Damn AVM is also down since the whole weekend, I can not even check the status on what is going on.

hello everyone,
would seriously appreciate any thoughts /views on the foll.
as of today no case no from atl dol

mans22 said:
hi everyone
with the retrogression in the pd's what effect would it have on the ac21 ? since prev we could change jobs once 1-140 is approved and 180 days have passed after i-485 filing.
now i think it would not be possible to take adv of that law since we dont know when the pd's will become current for filing of i-485.
also i am not to happy with my current employer (small consulting co ) but stuck with it for the Gc and all and was waiitng for the lc approval and then the filing of i-140/485 etc which i had expected to be around 2 more yrs. my Pd is jan 2004 and its atl dol (RIR ).

but now i guess it seems a looooong long wait .
i have time till march 20th 2005 (365 days prior to 6 yrs expiry ) to file my lc again if i change employers .I am confused as to should i take this risk now .is it possible to get all the paperwork done for rir appln in 3 mths ?
or should i forget the whole gc thing and join a new company and work on hrly basis for another yr or so and go back to india ? also the project i am on right now is for a very very good company. but i dont know whether it will last for more than a yr.

i know the final decision is to be made by me but would appreciate any view points

thanks in advance