Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Are you prepared with your papers to file I140/485... just incase some miracle happens to your labor ?

saurabh_tulika said:
The question that comes to my mind is that have the DOL after moving to the new building started working yet or are they still settling down, arranging there cubicles, calling there friends, relatives etc and giving there new phone numbers etc etc etc.
I am counting days now, Just 15 more callendar days left for the month to get over :(

I am prepared with my papers, does anybody has any idea here, what happens if I send my 140/485 papers on 28th/29th of December with next day delivery by Fedex and it reaches there at TSC on 30th of December, will it be counted as reached on time or not.

There is supposed to be one number that has to be put in from the LC on the 140 form, and my lawer is waiting for that number, which will be available only after LC is approved. Once LC is herr it would take me Max 2 days to mail the stuff to TSC.

Some_GreenCard said:
Are you prepared with your papers to file I140/485... just incase some miracle happens to your labor ?

Hi Saurabh,
Like u said u are ready with ur papers to file I-140, I was curious to know what papers have u gathered. I know I am quite far fromk that stage but just wanted to get prepared in advance. I was also curious about the birth certificate. Mine is in hindi, do I have to get it translated or something.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks in advance.
-RC

saurabh_tulika said:
I am prepared with my papers, does anybody has any idea here, what happens if I send my 140/485 papers on 28th/29th of December with next day delivery by Fedex and it reaches there at TSC on 30th of December, will it be counted as reached on time or not.

There is supposed to be one number that has to be put in from the LC on the 140 form, and my lawer is waiting for that number, which will be available only after LC is approved. Once LC is herr it would take me Max 2 days to mail the stuff to TSC.

Following are the papers that I gave to my lawyer.
1. Birth Certificate
If in Hindi, get someone to translate it (any of your friend can do it for you. if your name is not there in the Birth certificate you will need affidevit from your parents (ask your lawyer about the sample, if you cannot get it from him let me know, I will send it to you)
2. Marriage Certificate if married (same as 1 if not in english)
3. Educational Transcripts
4. Experience letters from all your past employers with atleast the number of years matching the years of experience mentioned in the ETA 750 Box 14
5. Copy of passport all the pages (including Blank)
6. Color photocopy of the First Page of the passport where the name and picture of yours is.
7. You will need financial documents from your company, something like Tax statements or financial audit etc. The tax statement should be from the year you labour was filed at the State to year 140 will be filed (this is used for finding the ability to pay)
8. all your old H-1
9. Latest I-94's
10. Medical (I have not got t done yet, as the medical is valid for 12 months and it cost around $150 to get medical done, so once the labour is done I will get that done)

I hope that is what you were looking for
joegr9 said:
Hi Saurabh,
Like u said u are ready with ur papers to file I-140, I was curious to know what papers have u gathered. I know I am quite far fromk that stage but just wanted to get prepared in advance. I was also curious about the birth certificate. Mine is in hindi, do I have to get it translated or something.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks in advance.
-RC

NEW ATL DOL Number

OK, I spoke to someone at the old DOL number and that lady was really nice, she gave me the new number for the new location and that is 404-893-0101. I have forwarded this number to my lawyer and will see what she does with it.

Also about the mail, she told me that someone from the DOL comes and picks up the mail twice a day so that is atleast good.

One thing is for sure , this GC process (specially tis crazy labour) has made me more religious, because I have started praying more .... :D :)

lavendersummer said:
Immigration-law.com doesn't mean PERM or Backlog reduction will create a win-win situation. It meant the conversion for RIR to Perm. And without that conversion or similar policy, people with RIR pending probably are definetely the biggest losers.

i think the RIR people in the BEC will benefit from BEC more than the non-RIR people. . RIR people, i expect, will get their lc in few months after BEC begin processing. any thought?

hmm. that'll be nice for rir cases.. but what makes you feel like that? and how long do you mean by a few months though? <6 ? or <12?

antonioa77 said:
i think the RIR people in the BEC will benefit from BEC more than the non-RIR people. . RIR people, i expect, will get their lc in few months after BEC begin processing. any thought?

Saurabh, thanks a lot.

saurabh_tulika said:
1. Birth Certificate
If in Hindi, get someone to translate it (any of your friend can do it for you. if your name is not there in the Birth certificate you will need affidevit from your parents (ask your lawyer about the sample, if you cannot get it from him let me know, I will send it to you)
4. Experience letters from all your past employers with atleast the number of years matching the years of experience mentioned in the ETA 750 Box 14
6. Color photocopy of the First Page of the passport where the name and picture of yours is.
7. You will need financial documents from your company, something like Tax statements or financial audit etc. The tax statement should be from the year you labour was filed at the State to year 140 will be filed (this is used for finding the ability to pay)
8. all your old H-1
9. Latest I-94's
10. Medical (I have not got t done yet, as the medical is valid for 12 months and it cost around $150 to get medical done, so once the labour is done I will get that done)

saurabh_tulika said:
OK, I spoke to someone at the old DOL number and that lady was really nice, she gave me the new number for the new location and that is 404-893-0101. I have forwarded this number to my lawyer and will see what she does with it.

Also about the mail, she told me that someone from the DOL comes and picks up the mail twice a day so that is atleast good.

One thing is for sure , this GC process (specially tis crazy labour) has made me more religious, because I have started praying more .... :D :)

Did they tell you why AVM is not working? Are they going to discontinue this number?

Thank you

I spoke to the lady there and as per her there is no new number and the number is discontinued.

oanacn said:
Did they tell you why AVM is not working? Are they going to discontinue this number?

Thank you

saurabh_tulika said:
I spoke to the lady there and as per her there is no new number and the number is discontinued.

This is bed news, this was my only light, somwehere there, to find out how things are going in ATL DOL.

Dude get your medical done today!!! It takes freaking week to get the results!

Also 3. Educational Transcripts - What all did you give - I only gave them the degree (copy)
saurabh_tulika said:
1. Birth Certificate
8. all your old H-1
9. Latest I-94's

Ha Ha Ha

Bhagwaan sab bhala karegaa bachche! :D

saurabh_tulika said:

Here it takes 2 days to get the medical done, there is this guy in my office who got that done. I gave averything I had related to my education, Degree, Marks Cards, Education Evaluation certificate that I had with me.

Sanan said:
Dude get your medical done today!!! It takes freaking week to get the results!

Also 3. Educational Transcripts - What all did you give - I only gave them the degree (copy)

Yahee umeed hai. aur umeed par duniya kayam hai ...

[TRANSLATION FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT UNDERSTANT HINDI]
Sanan said - God will do everything right my son
My Reply - That is what I expect, because expectation is what is making the world move on (this is a saying in hindi)

Sanan said:
Bhagwaan sab bhala karegaa bachche! :D

I do not know if they will call the live person or not, I can not even get hold of my lawyer on phone, so I have sent an email to her and see what she does.

Some_GreenCard said:
Saurabh,

Let us know if your attorney talks to live person using new number.

Thanks

Certified

Guys, I got a call from my lawyer that my case was certified on 14th of December. We are still waiting for the Physical Certificate to send the 140/485 documents.

Saurabh