Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Can I use my old LC priority date???

Hi guys, need your help in this matter.
In 2000 Dec I applied my labor thru some company and my labor and I-140 both got approved by 2001 Feb. After that I got laid off. Now I am working thru some other company. Applied my case in EB3 catagory on March 2003. Went to ATL DOL on June 2003.

The question is Can I use that old labor Priority date now, once my labor and I-140 got approved this time to apply for the I-485?????????????

Please please please somebody answer this question

Thanks
USAINDIA

USAINDIA said:
Hi guys, need your help in this matter.
In 2000 Dec I applied my labor thru some company and my labor and I-140 both got approved by 2001 Feb. After that I got laid off. Now I am working thru some other company. Applied my case in EB3 catagory on March 2003. Went to ATL DOL on June 2003.

The question is Can I use that old labor Priority date now, once my labor and I-140 got approved this time to apply for the I-485?????????????

Please please please somebody answer this question

Thanks
USAINDIA

YES YOU CAN...

If your LC was not used for anybody else & you can get a copy of it there is a way you can use your OLD PD...

Get the documents & rush to attorney

good luck

saurabh_tulika said:
Yes I am going for the medical on Monday Afternoon. Rest all the papers are ready, only wait is the Physical LC.

By the Way TampaBelle, even after you have filed 485 the EB? category and Priority Dates Matter. As my PD is Oct 10 2002, although I will be filing my 485 and would be able to take the benefit of EAD etc this month, but my 485 Papers will not adjuducated or even touched until the Cut Off date does not become after Oct 10 2002 (My PD)

Am aware of that but atleast a burden off ur shoulder.

Additional advantage is that if ur I-485 is pending for more than 6 months (aand I-140 approved), then u can change jobs freely. :D

Question - a little out of context

Hello All,

I had a question that is a little out of context for this forum, but thought someone might know. Does one need to go to their home country to get an H1-B Visa stamp, or is there a way to apply for that in the US.

I know there was some talk a while ago about some rules changing etc, but not sure what was the conclusion.

Thanks in advance
- Dru

if you are getting it stamped for the first time you might wanna go to india, extensions u cud go to canada/mexico, they are beng processed in a day. but u do have to leave the country

good luck(hope u get it soon)

I thought you had to go to your home country to stamp your passport no matter if it is first time or not. US visa revalidation has been stopped due to this. Any thoughts..

new2laborforum said:
if you are getting it stamped for the first time you might wanna go to india, extensions u cud go to canada/mexico, they are beng processed in a day. but u do have to leave the country

good luck(hope u get it soon)

You can go to Canada or Mexico and get it stamped there too. There are some threads on this forum related to that and there is lot of useful information on those threads
Some_GreenCard said:
I thought you had to go to your home country to stamp your passport no matter if it is first time or not. US visa revalidation has been stopped due to this. Any thoughts..

compiler said:
No, your case will be cleared in Atlanta US DOL soon as long as your PW issue is resolved. Is your receipt date May 2003? Is the required increased wage number same as in the DOL PW library?
Compiler,

How do you know that Atlanta DOL has stopped procesing cases and sent them to Philly BEC? Did your attorney talk to anyone in the Labor dept?

relax dude ... u are taking too many steps at a time

gc_kris,
where did u get that idea?
i did not find any info like that from Compiler's message. :confused:

Atlanta DOL has stopped procesing cases?

Any one of us know if Atlanta DOL has stopped procesing cases?

If yes, What will happen to the old cases at Atlanta DOL?

Update from DOS about EB-3 Cut-Offs

We all know that the employment based third preference category (professionals and skilled workers) for persons born in India, China and the Philippines will backlog three years starting on January 01, 2005.

According to State Department the earliest possible movement in the newly-retrogressed employment-based third preference per-country limits would be April 2005.
Unquote

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Can you please provide the source of this information, is it on some web-site.

TampaBelle said:
We all know that the employment based third preference category (professionals and skilled workers) for persons born in India, China and the Philippines will backlog three years starting on January 01, 2005.

According to State Department the earliest possible movement in the newly-retrogressed employment-based third preference per-country limits would be April 2005.
Unquote

Hi Tampabelle,
When u say EB3 cases for people born in India will be backlogged for 3 years, what does that mean??????????
Does that mean that LC clearance at Regional level will take 3 years???
If yes, then God only knows, who has that much patience....will u please clarify on this issue.
Thanks bro.

TampaBelle said:

Unquote

I think most of them here in this thread is confused about below quote. This refers to filing your 485 after your labor is through. You cannot file concurrent filing for 485 with I140 if you are in EB3 category because dates for filing 485 has retrogressed to Jan 02.

joegr9 said:
Hi Tampabelle,
When u say EB3 cases for people born in India will be backlogged for 3 years, what does that mean??????????
Does that mean that LC clearance at Regional level will take 3 years???
If yes, then God only knows, who has that much patience....will u please clarify on this issue.
Thanks bro.

Thanks for the clarification........peace out!!!!!!

Some_GreenCard said:
I think most of them here in this thread is confused about below quote. This refers to filing your 485 after your labor is through. You cannot file concurrent filing for 485 with I140 if you are in EB3 category because dates for filing 485 has retrogressed to Jan 02.