Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

rim,

This is the quote from compiler I was referring to.

Does anyone know if ATL is working on cases at all..The AVM seems to be down still :(

compiler said:
But EB2 or EB3 has a direct connection with the LC. If the LC only requires BS + 2 exp, you are hard to file EB2 even you have an MS degree.

BTW, Atlanta US DOL has stopped processing the pending LC. They have forwarded them to the Ph BEC. That means you may suffer another delay according to the FIFO. Too bad, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good piece of information Tampabelle. That means the dates are not likely to be stuck on "Jan 2002" for a very long time like I suspected it might.

Another possibility (just my uneducated observation folks ... don't take it too much into your heart ... had to air it out anyway) that might happen is when the Backlog reduction centers start processing labors faster ... there is a chance that many of those labors are from places like SFO or New York where the processing was too slow .. leading to an influx of pre Jan 2002 cases. State dept is not aware of those cases at this point ... so when they receive it the I-485 can retrogress further. Anybody agrees ???
I say guys ... we ought to enjoy the wait and see the silver lining. Atleast its not as bad as before when one had to leave the country after the 6 years are up.

TampaBelle said:
We all know that the employment based third preference category (professionals and skilled workers) for persons born in India, China and the Philippines will backlog three years starting on January 01, 2005.

According to State Department the earliest possible movement in the newly-retrogressed employment-based third preference per-country limits would be April 2005.
Unquote

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Visa Revalidation

you cant get your visa revalidated here in the US becoz of the newly implemented "fingerprinting" rule. so you have to go back to your home country for stamping of the new visa.

dru said:
Hello All,

I had a question that is a little out of context for this forum, but thought someone might know. Does one need to go to their home country to get an H1-B Visa stamp, or is there a way to apply for that in the US.

I know there was some talk a while ago about some rules changing etc, but not sure what was the conclusion.

Thanks in advance
- Dru

menonsatishb said:
Good piece of information Tampabelle. That means the dates are not likely to be stuck on "Jan 2002" for a very long time like I suspected it might.

Another possibility (just my uneducated observation folks ... don't take it too much into your heart ... had to air it out anyway) that might happen is when the Backlog reduction centers start processing labors faster ... there is a chance that many of those labors are from places like SFO or New York where the processing was too slow .. leading to an influx of pre Jan 2002 cases. State dept is not aware of those cases at this point ... so when they receive it the I-485 can retrogress further. Anybody agrees ???
I say guys ... we ought to enjoy the wait and see the silver lining. Atleast its not as bad as before when one had to leave the country after the 6 years are up.

I strongly believe that the chances of dates retrogressing further, i.e. going to before Jan 2002 is very high, contingent of course on how fast the BRCs work.

To clarify some of the other doubts -

processing of LCs would progress unchanged at the DOLs / BRCs irrespective of where the cutoff dates are.

U can file for I-140 immediately after the LC is approved.

U can only file for I-485 once the ur priority date is before the cut off date. I believe that once u file for I-485, then the USCIS center processes the I-485 applications in the order in which they have been filed i.e. ur earlier priority date would not enable u to get a faster processing. However the catch is that if ur priority date is after the cut off date and ur application is the earliest filed case on record (for some reason assume), then ur case would be shelved till ur priority date becomes current.

for visa numbers remember, every category (i.e. EB1, EB2, EB3 etc.) has a quota countrywise. i.e. no quota for each category but quota for each category for each country. Rules do allow for unused numbers in one category to be transferred to another category. So movment in some categories is likely to be very very slow.

The best u can hope for guys is that u get ur LC approval, file for / get the I-140 approval and file for I-485 immediately after ur priority date becomes current. Then it would be in God's (and USCIS people's) hands as to when the I-485 would be adjudicated what with all the age old cases from SF etc. flooding the USCIS centers.

The only good thing is that some of the cases might be weeded out at the BRC / NPC level for LC approval due to lack of response from the companies / applicants attorney.

Hope the issues are now clearer. And in case, I am mistaken about some of the points then do write in guys :D

joegr9 said:
Hi Tampabelle,
When u say EB3 cases for people born in India will be backlogged for 3 years, what does that mean??????????
Does that mean that LC clearance at Regional level will take 3 years???
If yes, then God only knows, who has that much patience....will u please clarify on this issue.
Thanks bro.

Hi Joegr9

Hope I clarified ur concerns in my earlier post. However give a further clarif.

LC processing is not impacted by the cut off dates. Ur LC may be cleared at the regional level in 6 months who knows.

The phrase "backlogged for 3 years" means that in Jan 2005, only people with priority dates earlier than Jan 2002 (i.e. 3 years earlier) can apply for I-485 for EB3 category.

Tampabelle,
Thanks a lot for clarification!!!!!!!!!!! I hope things get better...

TampaBelle said:
Hi Joegr9

Hope I clarified ur concerns in my earlier post. However give a further clarif.

LC processing is not impacted by the cut off dates. Ur LC may be cleared at the regional level in 6 months who knows.

The phrase "backlogged for 3 years" means that in Jan 2005, only people with priority dates earlier than Jan 2002 (i.e. 3 years earlier) can apply for I-485 for EB3 category.

California SWA (State Workforce Agency) Updates – 12/21/04

Shipping Crisis at the California SWA

SWA has an existing record of about 62,000 cases and a remaining staff of 11 with highly limited resources. Of these cases, 37,000 have priority dates from April 27, 2001 to December 31, 2002. Under the Guidance Memo, these cases must be shipped by December 31, 2004 to the Texas BPC. However, EDD (Employment Development Department) has the resources to ship only 15,000 of these cases by December 31, 2004. Note: 25,000 labor certifications bear a priority date of April 30, 2001. By March 31, 2005 all cases must be shipped.

Guess that shows the extent of the problem with the backlog. Please bear in mind that these are the cases pending at the SWA and then add on all the cases pending at the SF DOL, which might also move to NPCs / BECs. That would also have an impact on the movement of the cut off dates for visa numbers, most of it naturally in the EB3 category. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused

I still don't understand the situation.

So at the end of the year will our cases be shipped from the Atlanta DOL to the BRC centers? Does anyone understand the upcoming changes and can explain them?

Atlanta DOL stopped processing?

How you got this info? Do you have any cut of date? Is it 1 june 2003?

compiler said:
They have already shipped unopened case to the BRC. They are only working on those opened cases and ready for the PERM.

New Mailing address for ATL regional office??

Does anyone know the NEW mailing address for the regional office? I understand that they moved to a new location on Dec 12th or something. Are we still supposed to send mails to the old address (61 Forsyth Street S.W) ? Please let me know if you have any information regarding this ASAP! Thanks.

Even if you send your mail to old address...they would have made arrangements to fwd to new address..
But if you still want to know their new address call this phone # and pl. post forum about the details. 404 893 0101
Thanks

HotlantaGuy said:
Does anyone know the NEW mailing address for the regional office? I understand that they moved to a new location on Dec 12th or something. Are we still supposed to send mails to the old address (61 Forsyth Street S.W) ? Please let me know if you have any information regarding this ASAP! Thanks.

Compiler, You provide great information to this forum...but if you could tell us the detail regarding till what date is cut off for openend/unopened cases and also how do you know this information...if you had called them...which phone # did you use... all these information will people in this forum...still puzzled about their case.

Thanks
compiler said:
They have already shipped unopened case to the BRC. They are only working on those opened cases and ready for the PERM.

The staff at the new building comes twice a day and picks up the mail from the old building. Source of information was from the lady at the old building and I had spoken to her personally
Some_GreenCard said:
Even if you send your mail to old address...they would have made arrangements to fwd to new address..
But if you still want to know their new address call this phone # and pl. post forum about the details. 404 893 0101
Thanks

Everything for 140/485 filing is ready but the physical labour certificate has not been received yet (LC was certified on Dec 14th 2004), does anyone has any clue what are the options I will have.

Congrats sai1234. Thnxs for taking time and informing us about your approval.
Did you come to know now only that you are approved last month itself ? I remeber that you were planning to take some project in Vermont with substitue labor with peoplesoft requirement. How is that going on ? Did you file your I140 with your sub labor ?
Good luck.
sai1234 said:
Hi Friends,
My labor approved on 11/02/2004.

thanks
Sai1234.