Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

I do not know why and how that happened, we applied for Systems Analyst Position for which the PW was somewhere 60-65K, we also did a survey and attached the survey report stating that in Atlanta area for this position, 60K is a avarage salary.
But strangely SWA changed my designation as Software engineer for whom the PW was 75K, thank god my company agreed to increase the Offered Salary to 95% of the PW.
My lawyer had informed me about this and that is the reason the Survey was conducted.

compiler said:
You have to wait for the physical labour certificate because it must be attached with I-140. BTW, why did the DOL issue the NOF about your wage? Is it because your LC wage meet the DOL PW number at the time of filing but does not meet the DOL current year's PW number? I see a lot of NOFs are regarding to the PW issue in this group. Did your lawyer not tell you the wage listed in the LC must meet the DOL PW library number?

Approved

I didn't accept Vermont position as well as sub labor too.
I was on vacation when my labor got approved, in the mean time my company completed all required paper work for 140/485. I sent my papers last week, so far i am not received receipt number. Once i get i will let you know.
All the best.

Sai1234.

Great. You are lucky. I know my friends, who got their labor approved in sept '04. The Attorney/Employer "MAY" file their 140/485 today or tomorrow. They are sitting on hot water and mentally so upset ...
All the very best to you for your journey ahead.

Status list updated. !!!
sai1234 said:
I didn't accept Vermont position as well as sub labor too.
I was on vacation when my labor got approved, in the mean time my company completed all required paper work for 140/485. I sent my papers last week, so far i am not received receipt number. Once i get i will let you know.
All the best.

Sai1234.

Travel outside the country

Hello All,

My LCA is pending at ATL DOL July 03 received date. I was trying to figure out when to travel to my home country, and thought some of you may know this.

1. Can one be in the home country when LCA approval is received and I-140 filed by lawyer
2. Can one travel to home country when:
a. I-140 applied but not approved
b. I-140 approved but I-495 not filed
c. After I-485 filed, I know you need AP to travel

Any info would help, Thanks in advance!
- Dru

DOT code is decided by the State SWA or the Atlanta Regional Office?

Hello,

I have a question. I understand that there will be a notice from the State SWA to inform that the State SWA has forwarded the case to the Regional office.

My question is: Does the notice from State SWA have DOT code on it? In another word, is the DOT code decided by the State SWA or the Atlanta Regional Office?

Please help! Thanks a million!!!

It is decided by the State SWA, there is a stamp area at the bottom right of ETA750 where the SWA officer writes the DOT code and designation (that is what was there on my ETA when it was sent back to my office for the ammendment of the offered salary
allaboutgc said:
Hello,

I have a question. I understand that there will be a notice from the State SWA to inform that the State SWA has forwarded the case to the Regional office.

My question is: Does the notice from State SWA have DOT code on it? In another word, is the DOT code decided by the State SWA or the Atlanta Regional Office?

Please help! Thanks a million!!!

Atlanta cases to Dallas BEC?

Anyone saw any new approvals coming out of Atlanta DOL in December? saurabh_tulika is the only exception I saw. Does anyone know if Atlanta cases are also going to Dallas BEC? :confused:

Thanks

Perm

NewsFlash! PERM Publication Expected December 27, 2004

The long-awaited PERM regulation is ready for publication in the Federal Register and is expected to be published on December 27, 2004.

My office received the NOF in 2 days. How do you know that you got an NOF, is the AVM up again.

anonym said:
Thank you for the info. I believe your answer is correct, rather than attorney only. My case got the NOF but both of attorney and employer have not received it. Can you check the date of your NOF and when did you receive it? Is there a deadline for response?

No of people reply reduced.Please start updating the status and advice.Otherwise we will lose lot of information and contacts.

No answer regarding NOF response

We have not heard back from DOL after the attorneys submitted the rebuttal for my NOF a week back! Attorneys claim that they have been trying to reach the certifying officer(s) since the last many days.. but just cant get hold of em.

Does anybody know:

1) How many certifying officers does the Atl regional DOL office have?

2) Are they usually good about transferring cases from one officer to the next? My case was opened & NOF issued by some lady who seems to be on vacation till Jan'05! Will it be possible to call em up and request another officer to pick up the case?

3) Are there any specific hours between which employers are permitted to call up and speak directly to the certifying officers? Has anyone personally been successful at doing that ? How many tries did it take?

4) Given that they just moved their office location now & are primarily preparing for PERM and Backlog reduction migrations etc - are they even gonna touch any files for the next few weeks? Is it possible that previously opened cases - like RFEs & NOFs would ALSO be packed and forwarded to a BRC?

Btw - Saurabh, any news on ur physical LC approval ? Why is it taking SO long to reach you? And did you find any other alternatives - just in case it does not arrive before Dec 30th?

Thanks!

USALABOR said:
No of people reply reduced.Please start updating the status and advice.Otherwise we will lose lot of information and contacts.

HotlantaGuy said:
We have not heard back from DOL after the attorneys submitted the rebuttal for my NOF a week back! Attorneys claim that they have been trying to reach the certifying officer(s) since the last many days.. but just cant get hold of em.

Does anybody know:

1) How many certifying officers does the Atl regional DOL office have?

2) Are they usually good about transferring cases from one officer to the next? My case was opened & NOF issued by some lady who seems to be on vacation till Jan'05! Will it be possible to call em up and request another officer to pick up the case?

3) Are there any specific hours between which employers are permitted to call up and speak directly to the certifying officers? Has anyone personally been successful at doing that ? How many tries did it take?

4) Given that they just moved their office location now & are primarily preparing for PERM and Backlog reduction migrations etc - are they even gonna touch any files for the next few weeks? Is it possible that previously opened cases - like RFEs & NOFs would ALSO be packed and forwarded to a BRC?

Btw - Saurabh, any news on ur physical LC approval ? Why is it taking SO long to reach you? And did you find any other alternatives - just in case it does not arrive before Dec 30th?

Thanks!

Since I havent reached that stage and dont have any experience on those matters, cant comment on all the issues. Keenly await inputs from others on those.

One thing I am clear about is that cases which are already opened will not be transferred to the BECs. I presume that all cases where NOFs have been issued will be handled out of ATL DOL only.

PERM talks about shifting of opened cases at the SWA (pl. note SWA and not DOL) some time after March 2005, when the responsibilities of the SWA for processing LCs (even the opened cases) would be terminated.

The only drawback for you seems to be that u wont be able to file for I-485 till ur priority date becomes current.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOF regarding Prevailing Wage

Its the standard NOF regarding Prevailing Wage - as everyone else who filed around that time got. They somehow put me under the "APPLICATIONS Software Engineer - Level II" category - which, in 2002, according to the DOL PW library had an insanely high wage of $90,771/yr !

The second point on the NOF was that - DOL needed an explicit letter from the company's hiring manager to state exactly what recruitment efforts were made - and what the results were - how many responded; why they were rejected etc. We has stated all this clearly on the application - but for SOME odd reason they wanted it all to be stated again on a separate letter from the company!

Recd NOF in hand on Nov-24th!

anonym said:
Hi, What’s the problem on your NOF and when did you receive it?

Can you please let me know which is the deciding factor for level II in this case.

I belive in 750 A form in the the section 17, Number of employees Alien will supervise ????

[

QUOTE=HotlantaGuy]Its the standard NOF regarding Prevailing Wage - as everyone else who filed around that time got. They somehow put me under the "APPLICATIONS Software Engineer - Level II" category - which, in 2002, according to the DOL PW library had an insanely high wage of $90,771/yr !

The second point on the NOF was that - DOL needed an explicit letter from the company's hiring manager to state exactly what recruitment efforts were made - and what the results were - how many responded; why they were rejected etc. We has stated all this clearly on the application - but for SOME odd reason they wanted it all to be stated again on a separate letter from the company!

Recd NOF in hand on Nov-24th![/QUOTE]

A quick question!

Hi gurus,
A quick question.
When I filed my LC at state level, I had a wage that was OK as per the state standards. But by now after getting a few increments my salary has gone up quite a bit and is different from what was initially declared.

I was wondering, it shouldn't be a problem as far as it meets the prevailing wage requirements for the state.

Comments????????????????????????????