Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

For all the guys who have questions on how and when to file I-140 / I-485, concurrently file the two or what happens to cases filed on or before December 30, 2004 when the visa numbers retrogress w.e.f. January 1, 2005

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/eb3casehandlingfr.pdf

The most important point is that adjudication of I-140 and I-485 would be delinked if the visa numbers are not available for the person. Meaning that I-140 can be approved while I-485 is pending even thought the person had filed the forms concurrently.

Thanks Tampa Belle... basically I am pretty much sc...d as I missed the deadline ...... we will see what happens in the future......

W

140/485/EAD/AP Papers Sent

My 140/485/EAD/AP Papers were sent on 12/29/2004 with next day delivery of FEDEX. Hoping that they would accept the papers as the Physical copy of LC is not there. I am tracking the FEDED site to know when the papers would be delivered at TSC

Anybody has any idea if our case is still in Atlanta or somewhere else ??? Without AVM...there is no where we can find what is happening. I just happend to call Atlanta DOL, didnt find enough information from the person who took my call... darn it.. :mad:

I bailed out

I just bailed out of the whole ploy to send the concurrent 140/485 WITHOUT the LC approval. Everything was ready to go by Fedex last evening - but after a lot of thought - i decided to play it safe. Although, in Saurabh's case - i think it was the best thing to do coz of the LC approval date of Dec-16th - which looks very safe.. just say it was a clerical mistake, and you forgot to attach the LC approval earlier. Good luck.. please keep the forum updated!

saurabh_tulika said:
My 140/485/EAD/AP Papers were sent on 12/29/2004 with next day delivery of FEDEX. Hoping that they would accept the papers as the Physical copy of LC is not there. I am tracking the FEDED site to know when the papers would be delivered at TSC

Hello friends,

Would you consider converting the pending application to PERM? I thank we need to seriously consider this question. Please share your opinion. Thanks.

Not sure what the impact of the PERM process and the BECs on the already pending applications would be. I am pretty eagerly awaiting the update on the DOL processing times. That should spark off a fresh set of interpretations :D.

Anyway wishing all the guys a very happy new year and hope that whatever you couldnt achieve in the year just gone by (going by OK), you would achieve in the year ahead including the LC approval and the GC approval.

HOTLANTAGUY - Did you or your lawyer call the Officer in-charge to find out the status of your case.

Anyways I would not have recommended you to send your 140/485 unless and untill your Labor is approved.

Saurabh
HotlantaGuy said:
I just bailed out of the whole ploy to send the concurrent 140/485 WITHOUT the LC approval. Everything was ready to go by Fedex last evening - but after a lot of thought - i decided to play it safe. Although, in Saurabh's case - i think it was the best thing to do coz of the LC approval date of Dec-16th - which looks very safe.. just say it was a clerical mistake, and you forgot to attach the LC approval earlier. Good luck.. please keep the forum updated!

Some_GreenCard said:
Anybody has any idea if our case is still in Atlanta or somewhere else ??? Without AVM...there is no where we can find what is happening. I just happend to call Atlanta DOL, didnt find enough information from the person who took my call... darn it.. :mad:

I do not have any idea how we can find the status.If anybody know please update.

Website error

Hello All,

Firstly, Happy New Year to all, may 2005 bring you lots of luck and happiness.

I checked the Priority Date website and there is what seems to be an error. It shows priority dates are "C" (current) for all categories, all countries: Check: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1343.html

I called the 202 number and after a long message, it finally got to EB3 for affected countries and the recording said Jan 02 (in line with what we know).

Anyone know if this is this an error on the website (most probably it is), but who knows! :)

- Dru

Unfortunately you are looking at wrong link. See http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2007.html

Happy New Year....may this year fulfill all our dreams.. :)
dru said:
Hello All,

Firstly, Happy New Year to all, may 2005 bring you lots of luck and happiness.

I checked the Priority Date website and there is what seems to be an error. It shows priority dates are "C" (current) for all categories, all countries: Check: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1343.html

I called the 202 number and after a long message, it finally got to EB3 for affected countries and the recording said Jan 02 (in line with what we know).

Anyone know if this is this an error on the website (most probably it is), but who knows! :)

- Dru

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldnt get in touch with Officer

'EJS' is not gonna be back until Jan 1st Week. Thats the ONLY word we got whenever we tried to contact DOL. No other officer would open her files.

BTW, Happy New Year to all !!

saurabh_tulika said:
HOTLANTAGUY - Did you or your lawyer call the Officer in-charge to find out the status of your case.

Anyways I would not have recommended you to send your 140/485 unless and untill your Labor is approved.

Saurabh

guys , two questions

i fall under eb3 category ..

1. Assume my labor pproved and filed for 140,can i get 7th year extension?

2.labor approve,140 approved..not filed for 485 waiting for priority date ..can i get 7th or 8th year extension or it's not possibel at all...

Reply to gvr123

Hi gcr123,
I had asked my lawyer the same question a while ago, this was the response:

"You will be eligible for extensions of your H-1B status beyond the 6 year cap because you have an LCA application pending more than 365 days. Once the LCA has been approved, you will still be eligible for extensions beyond the 6 year cap by having an I-140 filed or approved on your behalf, and because you are waiting for a visa number to become available to file i-485"

- Dru

AVM Status Check

Does anyone know what's going on with the AVM Status Check in Atlanta? It was down since before the holiday.

It has been offline since 10th of December when the DOL moved to a diiferent building.

lhappy said:
Does anyone know what's going on with the AVM Status Check in Atlanta? It was down since before the holiday.