Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Hi GCeeker05,
Long time no see in forum ....
Well, i requested my HR person to call DOL and this what reply i got from them..
"
I just talked with the attorneys and they have informed me that it will be about 6 to 8 months before they start to work on your case. This is nothing out of the ordinary. This stage of the process can take more than 2 years. If there is any changes in your case, we will let you know"

Damn it....
so i called ATL DOL...pretending as though iam from HR....the lady said my case not yet assigned to analyst...and said my case still atlanta only. :D

gceeker05 said:
No news from my side. Although, i did try to reach out to my attorney and the HR dept from my company but there seems to be no concrete news from either side.
Some_GreenCard,
Did you speak to someone at ATL DOL as an HR person from your company or as you, yourself..

Hi,
So your HR person didn't talk to dol staff at all..

Did the lady at atl dol ask your case number or your receive date in atl dol?

Some_GreenCard said:
Hi GCeeker05,
Well, i requested my HR person to call DOL and this what reply i got from them..
"
I just talked with the attorneys and they have informed me that it will be about 6 to 8 months before they start to work on your case. This is nothing out of the ordinary. This stage of the process can take more than 2 years. If there is any changes in your case, we will let you know"

Damn it....
so i called ATL DOL...pretending as though iam from HR....the lady said my case not yet assigned to analyst...and said my case still atlanta only. :D

Yes, i did give her my case number and not received date.

lavendersummer said:
Hi,
So your HR person didn't talk to dol staff at all..

Did the lady at atl dol ask your case number or your receive date in atl dol?

case #

My papers were sent from Atlanta DOL to Philly BEC. Do you guys know if I would have a case number assigned as yet? Or do they assign a case number only after they send out and receive the 45-day letter back?

SGC, Thanks for your reply.
i keep visiting the forum but somehow my frequency has reduced drastically.
Anyways.. I have started to believe that it will be a long , more painful journey from now onwards and there is nothing that we can do to turn it other way 'round.

Some_GreenCard said:
Hi GCeeker05,
"

Damn it....

Why dont call (Philadelphia). contact phone number: 484-270-1500 & find out what will happen to your case. Please also post forum after you talk to them. Good luck.

pragir said:
My papers were sent from Atlanta DOL to Philly BEC. Do you guys know if I would have a case number assigned as yet? Or do they assign a case number only after they send out and receive the 45-day letter back?

joegr9 said:
If this happened, then what's up with case after July 2004...mine went to atlanta in Nov'2004 :confused:
You may consider starting the new recruitment and taking advantage of the PERM. It will be most likely faster then stick on your Nov'2004 case.

My attoreny called DOL and they said my case is still in Atlanta DOL and that they are processing Mid May 2003 cases now.

ga2003 said:
My attoreny called DOL and they said my case is still in Atlanta DOL and that they are processing Mid May 2003 cases now.

Did he asked abuout AVM too? It was the only way to check the statuses of our cases.

BEC or Atlanta

Hello All,
Since PERM is getting started by March 28th, how can Atlanta DOL keep processing older cases. I would like for you guys to offer any speculation on how long it might take for Philly or Dallas BEC to process for the date of Feb 2004?
Also what is a sure way of finding out the status of pending cases at Atlanta DOL, to figure out whether they have been forwarded to a BEC or not?
Please share your experiences and thoughts. Are your guys thinking of converting your cases to PERM?
thanks,
frog

Since PERM is getting started by March 28th, how can Atlanta DOL keep processing older cases.

So they will clear all the old cases (till Aug 2003) before March 28th 2005. :D

eefrog said:
Hello All,
Since PERM is getting started by March 28th, how can Atlanta DOL keep processing older cases. I would like for you guys to offer any speculation on how long it might take for Philly or Dallas BEC to process for the date of Feb 2004?
Also what is a sure way of finding out the status of pending cases at Atlanta DOL, to figure out whether they have been forwarded to a BEC or not?
Please share your experiences and thoughts. Are your guys thinking of converting your cases to PERM?
thanks,
frog

DOL Notice of Addresses and Processing for Chicago & Atlanta National Processing Cent

01/07/2005: DOL Notice of Addresses and Processing for Chicago & Atlanta National Processing Centers

The DOL released a notice in the federal register this morning that the move of the Chicago Region and Atlanta Region offices and staff is complete now and all the communication should be addressed to the new office addresses from now on. The notice also indicates that these two national processing centers will continue to perform the functions which they did as the Regional Offices and the SWAs in these two jurisdictions will forward the labor certification applications to these two centers and not the Backlog Processing Centers. For the full text of the notice, please click here. The addresses of these two centers are as follows:
National Processing Center Address in Chicago: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration, Foreign Labor Certification National Processing Center, 844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60611, Phone: (312) 886-8000, Fax: (312) 886-1688.
National Processing Center Address in Atlanta: U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration, Foreign Labor Certification National Processing Center, Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, Phone: (404) 893-0101, Fax: (404) 893-4642.
Please make a note of it.

www.immigration-law.com

DOL website has not updated yet for Jan, I suspect the date will stay May 03 this month, hopefully they will get back into action soon!

Some_GreenCard ... Actually, that's not entirely inconceivable ... ALT DOL are on May 03 for LCA, 3 months away from Aug 03. There are 3 months left from now until Mar 28 2005 :)

Some_GreenCard said:
Since PERM is getting started by March 28th, how can Atlanta DOL keep processing older cases.

So they will clear all the old cases (till Aug 2003) before March 28th 2005. :D

Can somebody help everybody

Department of Labour is conducting some public sessions on educating the public (i.e. poor us guys who have little idea of what is happening) at Chicago and Atlanta on the PERM regulation and the new procedures and facilities set up in the name of NPC. Two other sessions are in Costa Mesa, CA and Washington DC.

Seems like good idea to attend a session and get more info on all the issues.

Is anybody located in Atlanta / Chicago in a position to go there and do it for the greater good ???? Maybe forcing some lawyer to attend the session and report back to the forum would be the best idea.

Atlanta sessions are on Jan 11 / 12 and it is a half day affair. More info and registration procedure is available in this web link.

http://www.immigration.com/frame/dolpermbreiffr.html

DOL also proposes to have similar sessions for the BRCs. Keep an eye out for such announcements.

To everyone who's DOL Rec Date is after Sept,2003, we need to somehow findout how accurate the info is about cases been transfer to Philadelphia BRC.

LCSEPT2003 said:
To everyone who's DOL Rec Date is after Sept,2003, we need to somehow findout how accurate the info is about cases been transfer to Philadelphia BRC.

I asked yesterday my lawyer, but he has no idea where our cases are , he did not received any letter from BEC for any of his cases, he will not call ATL DOL yet.

You never know...how Atlanta can speed up and how they can slow up... :rolleyes:
dru said:
DOL website has not updated yet for Jan, I suspect the date will stay May 03 this month, hopefully they will get back into action soon!

Some_GreenCard ... Actually, that's not entirely inconceivable ... ALT DOL are on May 03 for LCA, 3 months away from Aug 03. There are 3 months left from now until Mar 28 2005 :)

Nopes..This itself was difficult :) I applied for my GC in 2003 Jan..Both my collegues who applied with me got their 485 cleared last week but I am still struck in labor stage :).