Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Thank you for the info. I might ask my manager to call the philly office later this week, when our workload is not that heavy.

BTW. You mean they said we could check the status 1 month from now or 1 month from they finish the data entry. And does it mean we can expect the 45-letter for ATL cases coming out at then?

alohaahola said:
My boss just called Philly BPC and some lady answered us. She told us that as of 8AM this morning, they are starting to enter the cases from Atlanta center into their system and the whole input process take around 4 weeks and we can check for case status 1 months later (case # and stuff). The only thing is we did not ask about what are the cases that were transferred from Atlanta to Philly, my case was forwarded to Atlanta in October of 2004 and we did not know whether it has been transferred or not. When someone call Atlanta again, probably this issues could be addressed: (404) 893-0101

Shall we start looking towards PERM???????????

Guys, here is just a thouht, if we are in the slot after Sept 2003, like mine is towards the end (Nov'8th'2004 to ATL), shouldn't we be looking towards perm. On the other hand I am hoping that since the BRC at Philly is designed to reduce the back log, they might be working a little bit faster than ATL used to. As time passes and they update the case status online, we should be able to see the progress and there processing speed.

Thoughts??????????????

lavendersummer said:
Thank you for the info. I might ask my manager to call the philly office later this week, when our workload is not that heavy.

BTW. You mean they said we could check the status 1 month from now or 1 month from they finish the data entry. And does it mean we can expect the 45-letter for ATL cases coming out at then?

Does anyone know what all cases will be handled by the Philly BEC besides the cases from Atlanta? In what order will the cases be processed? On a "First In First Out" basis based on the priority dates of all the cases coming to the BEC?

I like the way we guys keep on shooting in the dark here in the forum and asking questions which would have been answered (accurately !!!!!!!) by Atlanta DOL.

e.g.

which cases have been transferred to BECs ??

which are the cases still at Atlanta ??

etc. etc.

keep it up guys :rolleyes:

u r damn right bro....i feel the exactly same way.
TampaBelle said:
I like the way we guys keep on shooting in the dark here in the forum and asking questions which would have been answered (accurately !!!!!!!) by Atlanta DOL.

e.g.

which cases have been transferred to BECs ??

which are the cases still at Atlanta ??

etc. etc.

keep it up guys :rolleyes:

Here is what I got back from my Attorney regarding ATL DOL sending files to PHilly BRC.

On December 3rd, 2004 the State Workforce Agencies (State
Department of Labor) were instructed to send the first of their un-opened
cases to the processing center in Philidelphia or Dallas. They are only
working on cases that were sent to the State Departments of Labor prior to
December 31, 2003. The second group of files will be sent on March 31, 2005.
There are no updates yet as to how long it will take to reduce the backlog
and get those cases back from the Philidelphia office

I guess Our cases are still in Atlanta DOL and not in Philly.

Bad news regarding processing times at BEC's

Thought this information might be useful for this thread.
"The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BEC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BECs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience."

Does the timeline of "24 Months to 30 months " cover both RIR and Non-RIR?

If yes, RIR cases can be be processed much quicker than above time period, because BEC will treat RIR and NON-RIR seperately.

I am in the RIR boat with SWSA receipt date in April, 2004. I hope my case can be processed within this year.

Some_GreenCard said:
Thought this information might be useful for this thread.
"The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BEC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BECs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience."

Legal Assistance who is handling my case is going to the open house today. She will ask them regarding the cases from Atlanta DOL already been transfer to Philly or still in Atlanta.

Hello All,
I had a representative from US Congressman's office make a call to Atl regional office. They said cases are transferred to Philly BRC. (Did not say which cases and how many). Philly BRC people said it will take time to give any case status update.
To me it means Atl. cases are forwarded to Philly.

Wow!! Cool ...you managed to get hold of US Congressman...Can you mention Congressman name ?

BTW., thnxs for sharing the info to the forum ;)
LC Florida said:
Hello All,
I had a representative from US Congressman's office make a call to Atl regional office. They said cases are transferred to Philly BRC. (Did not say which cases and how many). Philly BRC people said it will take time to give any case status update.
To me it means Atl. cases are forwarded to Philly.

LCSEPT2003 said:
Legal Assistance who is handling my case is going to the open house today. She will ask them regarding the cases from Atlanta DOL already been transfer to Philly or still in Atlanta.

Thats the first good news I have heard in this new year !!!! :D

Thanx bro and hope you have some concrete info to share with us all.

ATL DOL Cases latest info

Here is the information I would like to share. This is the latest information from ATL DOL.

According to the most recent information from the Regional Office of the
DOL in Atlanta, they are keeping the cases received in the Regional
Office from May 2003 until September 23, 2003 (approximately 1,500
cases). All cases which have been received at the Regional office since
September 23, 2003 have been and are being transferred to a Backlog
Reduction Center.

ThankYou so much for sharing valuable info..
Did your attorney got this information ?
atl0624 said:
Here is the information I would like to share. This is the latest information from ATL DOL.

Reduction Center.

Question for new filing

Hi Guys,

I am asking this for a friend of mine. He has recently initiated his Green card, company/lawyer are doing paperwork, not filed LCA yet. They may be able to file before March 28, 05. He asks if he's better off holding off and filing under PERM after March 28 (I don't know a lot about PERM).

Someone had posted a PERM link earlier, but I couldn't find it. Anyone have any new info/links explaining PERM.

Any feedback would help!
Thanks
- Dru

confused

My case is a september case but before Sep 23. So am I gonna be at the end of the queue? Is it good or bad for me that my case is one of the last ones that will stay in ATL DOL????

atl0624 said:

Reduction Center.

I also have a friend who is planning to start his labor certification in coming months. His problem is that, He has to start the process before end of Feb 2005 as his six years of stay is completing in March 2006. He has raised this question to his lawyer and i will post the views after i hear from him.

dru said:
Hi Guys,

I am asking this for a friend of mine. He has recently initiated his Green card, company/lawyer are doing paperwork, not filed LCA yet. They may be able to file before March 28, 05. He asks if he's better off holding off and filing under PERM after March 28 (I don't know a lot about PERM).

Someone had posted a PERM link earlier, but I couldn't find it. Anyone have any new info/links explaining PERM.

Any feedback would help!
Thanks
- Dru

Hi gceeker05, Thanks! Will await the response. Cheers!
- Dru

gceeker05 said:
I also have a friend who is planning to start his labor certification in coming months. His problem is that, He has to start the process before end of Feb 2005 as his six years of stay is completing in March 2006. He has raised this question to his lawyer and i will post the views after i hear from him.

Good or Bad?

My case was received by ATL on Jan 8, 2004. This mean that my case will go to BRC. What does this mean? Could somebody tell me if my case will take longer than expected or would have been better if stays in ATL.

BRC is created to reduce backlog...theoritically speaking it should be fast :D ...but you never know. At this time we have to patient and see in another couple of months how its goes...

saltoma said:
My case was received by ATL on Jan 8, 2004. This mean that my case will go to BRC. What does this mean? Could somebody tell me if my case will take longer than expected or would have been better if stays in ATL.