Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

mito said:
My case is a september case but before Sep 23. So am I gonna be at the end of the queue? Is it good or bad for me that my case is one of the last ones that will stay in ATL DOL????

Look at the bright side. Even though your case is at the end of the queue, it will be adjudicated within a specific time limit (hopefully March 28,2005 or somewhere thereabouts). If the case had gone to BEC, then the case might have been struck in an unknown quagmire and your time frame would have been very very uncertain. A known devil is better than an unknown devil. ;)

LCSEPT2003 said:
Legal Assistance who is handling my case is going to the open house today. She will ask them regarding the cases from Atlanta DOL already been transfer to Philly or still in Atlanta.

Hope you have some concrete info to share in these uncertain times :(

I don't mind giving the name of congressman...its not going to help anybody...they all represent the same government as DOL...

atl0624 said:
Here is the information I would like to share. This is the latest information from ATL DOL.

According to the most recent information from the Regional Office of the
DOL in Atlanta, they are keeping the cases received in the Regional
Office from May 2003 until September 23, 2003 (approximately 1,500
cases). All cases which have been received at the Regional office since
September 23, 2003 have been and are being transferred to a Backlog
Reduction Center.

Is this information has been collected from the Open House which took place in Atlanta or by just calling the DOL office by your lawyer.
How valid is this information?

Bec

my case RIR went to ATL dol in aug2004 so i guess will wait in que for BEC,
any opinion how long it will take or if it is worht trying PERM
2.did u guys/lawyer/employer get any letters saying cases getting tranferred and if employer wants the case to be still processed( i see some people in forum getting letter/ ? how to find? i have not got any
thanks for your opinions

I am not sure from where my attorney got the information, but I know that attorney talk to ATL DOL. May be in the open house or on the phone. This information is came from my Attorney. I asked my attorney the exact cut of date of files, which are going to BRC. Attorney took 2 days to respond to me. As soon as I got the information I posted here.

I think ATL DOL has to finish these 1500 cases before March 28th. So that they can work on PERM cases.

Thanks,
ATL0624

atl0624 said:
I am not sure from where my attorney got the information, but I know that attorney talk to ATL DOL. May be in the open house or on the phone. This information is came from my Attorney. I asked my attorney the exact cut of date of files, which are going to BRC. Attorney took 2 days to respond to me. As soon as I got the information I posted here.

I think ATL DOL has to finish these 1500 cases before March 28th. So that they can work on PERM cases.

I have also emailed my Lawyer regarding the open house yesterday, once I get the reply back, I will post it.

Thanks,
ATL0624

This has been the good news sofar

Thanks

Substitute LC originally filed under EB2

Substitute LC originally filed under EB2, Can we file I485 and I140 together or the date I140 filed will be the PD. If any one have details, please update forum.

According to my Legal Assistance,

The report I got yesterday was that the GA dol has started to send cases to
Philidelphia. Philidelphia will start processing cases on a First In, First
Out basis beginning next month. They will not send processing estimates for
a while. They say that all cases will be finished in 24 months.

I guess the information she got didn't help much

tracker_chicago said:
Substitute LC originally filed under EB2, Can we file I485 and I140 together or the date I140 filed will be the PD. If any one have details, please update forum.

U can file I140 and I-1485 together if ur LC is approved and the visa number cut off date is after your priority date. Ur priority date is the date on which the LC application was filed (whether under RIR or Traditional).

If u r not eligible for filing the I-485, then u can file for I-140 only and wait for the visa number availability. The date of applying for I-140 has no consequence for filing for I-485 (under certain some circumstances people can file directly for I-140 without any LC approval and in those case the date of filing I-140 becomes the priority date as there is no LC application date)

Also it doesnt matter at what stage of the GC process u r in, whether LC is under consideration or I-140 is filed and pending or I-140 filed and approved but I-485 pending or even I-140 approved and waiting for filing I-485, a person can file for extension of H1 visa beyond 6 years as long as the entire process has been underway for more than one year.

State Workforce Agency in Georgia

I am a newbie to this forum so please forgive me if my question is misplaced.

Anyone know what is going to happen to the backlogs at the state Workforce Agency in Atlanta (My job is also in Atlanta)? The processing date for the SWA has been stuck at Apr 2001 for at least 2.5 years now!!

My LC was submitted in May 2002 (Regular Permanent) but it has gone nowhere, I don't even have a case #.
My company is offering to reapply my case sometime between January and March 2005 in order to take advantage of the Backlog Reduction Center processing so the SWA can be skipped. Is it advisable to do this and risk losing my priority date even though my application isn't going anywhere?

Hi Everyone,
I have a very basic question: Here we are talking about the backlog processing, which is federal level cases only, or including those cases at state level (SWA) as well? The reason I'm asking this because if the backlog processing will process the state level cases, the processing time would be hard to Imagine. Also, is there any difference between the RIR and non-RIR once the applications transferred to the backlog processing center in Philadelphia?
Thank you so much for your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beleive you should check with your attorney also, as far as I know you should be able to keep your PD even if you switch your case from SWA to PERM (Not BRC). YOu might want to consider changing to PERM.
Even the SWA is sending all the cases to the the BRC.

vsaminat said:
I am a newbie to this forum so please forgive me if my question is misplaced.

Anyone know what is going to happen to the backlogs at the state Workforce Agency in Atlanta (My job is also in Atlanta)? The processing date for the SWA has been stuck at Apr 2001 for at least 2.5 years now!!

My LC was submitted in May 2002 (Regular Permanent) but it has gone nowhere, I don't even have a case #.
My company is offering to reapply my case sometime between January and March 2005 in order to take advantage of the Backlog Reduction Center processing so the SWA can be skipped. Is it advisable to do this and risk losing my priority date even though my application isn't going anywhere?

saurabh_tulika said:
I beleive you should check with your attorney also, as far as I know you should be able to keep your PD even if you switch your case from SWA to PERM (Not BRC). YOu might want to consider changing to PERM.
Even the SWA is sending all the cases to the the BRC.
Thanks Saurabh_Tulika

Unfortunately it is not definite that my company will agree to do PERM. I read that if you apply between January and March 2005 the SWA forwards the application to either Atlanta or Chicago. These are not BRC's but are National processing centers which are already open to process regular/RIR LCA's until PERM starts 03/28/2005 onwards.

So will it be quicker to have my LC application forwarded to Atlanta than to have it sitting in a queue in the BRC in Philly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta DOL cases transfered to BEC/BRC Phi/Dallas?

Hi,
Does anyone know if Atlanta has started moving cases to the so called BEC or BRC?. If yes, when?

SWA date Jan 03
Regional date Dec 04

TampaBelle - Where did you get this information that you can start your I-140 application even before your LC is not approved??? How is this possible?

TampaBelle said:
U can file I140 and I-1485 together if ur LC is approved and the visa number cut off date is after your priority date. Ur priority date is the date on which the LC application was filed (whether under RIR or Traditional).

If u r not eligible for filing the I-485, then u can file for I-140 only and wait for the visa number availability. The date of applying for I-140 has no consequence for filing for I-485 (under certain some circumstances people can file directly for I-140 without any LC approval and in those case the date of filing I-140 becomes the priority date as there is no LC application date)

Also it doesnt matter at what stage of the GC process u r in, whether LC is under consideration or I-140 is filed and pending or I-140 filed and approved but I-485 pending or even I-140 approved and waiting for filing I-485, a person can file for extension of H1 visa beyond 6 years as long as the entire process has been underway for more than one year.

interesting

tampa belle
could u tell me under what circumstances can one file I 140 even without labor approval
thanks

Philly BPC Number

Does any one know what Atlanta cases are/will be transferred to Philly BPC .. Can someone please provide me the Philly BPC number .. I will ask my boss to call them to get that information ..

Thanks .. hari

Philly BPC contact number: 484-270-1500

Originally Posted by helen999
My manager call Atl DOL's officer today:
All cases that are from Sep 2003 to July 2004 had forwarded to BPC (Philadelphia). contact phone unmber: 484-270-1500.

hari4gc said:
Does any one know what Atlanta cases are/will be transferred to Philly BPC .. Can someone please provide me the Philly BPC number .. I will ask my boss to call them to get that information ..

Thanks .. hari