Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

hi lavender and others

so any idea where cases between aug2004 and dec 2004 will go. my case was sent to ATL DOL in aug 2004.

When LC is not required

mito said:
TampaBelle - Where did you get this information that you can start your I-140 application even before your LC is not approved??? How is this possible?

Labour certification is not required for EB1 category.

EB1 - Extraordinary Ability
EB12 - Outstanding Professor or Researcher
EB13 - Multinational Executive or Manager

For EB1, even an employer is not required.

Of course there are strict guidelines for EB1 and EB12 categories of who qualifies (e.g. maybe winning a Nobel prize).

For EB13, a person should have worked with the overseas subsidary of the US company for atleast 1 year in the last 3 year period.

These people can apply straight for I-140.

All other categories of people require Labour certification.

thanks tampa belle clarification

i read in the forum that cases between sept 2003 to july 2004 will go to philly.
1. mine went to ATL DOL in aug2004 ,where will it go
2. when we are talking about these dates , are they the date when the case got sent from state to DOL or are these the dates when RIR was filed

RIR LC between Jan 1, 2005 - March 28, 2005

Friends,

Applying for labor certification in RIR in a day or two...where one should be sending LC application? Is it to NPC or BEC or state labor department?. Is there any change in RIR case processing rules between Jan 1, 2005 to March 28, 2005? Would like the application to be sent to right place.

Thanks in advance.

send your application to SWA office (State Dept). Good luck.
PS: Pl. avoid multi post.
bs89 said:
Friends,

Applying for labor certification in RIR in a day or two...where one should be sending LC application? Is it to NPC or BEC or state labor department?. Is there any change in RIR case processing rules between Jan 1, 2005 to March 28, 2005? Would like the application to be sent to right place.

Thanks in advance.

hari4gc said:
thanks lavendersummer and helen999.. i will have my boss call them and will update this forum ..

Hari4gc,
If it's possible, can you able to tell your boss to get the exact date of files transfer to Philly.
Someone in DOL said files from Sept 23 till July 2004 will be send to Philly.
I wanted to makesure on exact date.

Thanks

Any status updates

Hello,
Any updates from people around May 2003. LCA site has not updated, still says processing May 03 and only update we got is from gceeker05. According to posts, ATL DOL should be working on May - Sep 03 before PERM comes into effect. Please let us know of any updates for you or your peers:

HotlantaGuy
gceeker05
rxr May XX 2003
H1Buser2002 May 06 2003
avala May 30 2003 GA
nishokie Jun 6 2003
jun03 Jun 6 2003
GC_Ven-Friend Jun 13 2003
labor_jun2003 Jun 23 2003
ga2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003
GC_Ven Jun 30 2003

Thanks
- Dru

Hello,
My labor is forwarded to Atl DOL on July XX, 2003. My attorney spoke to Atl DOL last week and he mailed me the following information.

My case is in Atlanta only and case will be processed in next 40 days or so.

I think this information will be useful.

Thanks,
-chprav

dru said:
Hello,
Any updates from people around May 2003. LCA site has not updated, still says processing May 03 and only update we got is from gceeker05. According to posts, ATL DOL should be working on May - Sep 03 before PERM comes into effect. Please let us know of any updates for you or your peers:

HotlantaGuy
gceeker05
rxr May XX 2003
H1Buser2002 May 06 2003
avala May 30 2003 GA
nishokie Jun 6 2003
jun03 Jun 6 2003
ga2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003
GC_Ven Jun 30 2003

Thanks
- Dru

please clarify

1.wanted to confirm these dates that are for labor processing are these the dates application was received in ATL DOL or received by SWA
2.where will my application go to (received by ATL DOL in aug2004)? philly BPC
thanks

Very useful, my case was fwded by July 2003 :D
Could you please update our status list. Thanks!!!
chprav said:
Hello,
My labor is forwarded to Atl DOL on July XX, 2003. My attorney spoke to Atl DOL last week and he mailed me the following information.

Thanks,
-chprav

lalalala said:
1.wanted to confirm these dates that are for labor processing are these the dates application was received in ATL DOL or received by SWA
US DOL
2.where will my application go to (received by ATL DOL in aug2004)? philly BPC
Call Atlanta US DOL
thanks

bs89 said:
Friends,

Thanks in advance.

There is no change in the rules till March 28, 2005. I believe that u will have to send your case to the SWA.

Please consider the option of filing under PERM as u have recently completed the RIR process, u may be able to file under PERM showing recruitment efforts within the last 6 months of the date of filing. U will of course have to get a Wage Determination from the SWA but that can be done within 2 months u have till March 28.

I have a strong feeling that any cases filed now with SWAs would be forwarded to the BECs and would be right at the end of the BIG queue. BECs are supposed to handle the cases from DOL and SWAs from across the nation in FIFO manner. So by the time these guys get to ur case, it might be 2 years ( yes buddy 2 years), which is the promised deadline for elimination of backlogs. Under PERM, I dont think that it will take 2 years.

If I were to choose today, I would wait and file under PERM. However u may consider filing RIR if u need an extension of H1B beyond the statutory limit of 6 years in about a years time.

lalalala said:
i read in the forum that cases between sept 2003 to july 2004 will go to philly.
1. mine went to ATL DOL in aug2004 ,where will it go
2. when we are talking about these dates , are they the date when the case got sent from state to DOL or are these the dates when RIR was filed

These are the dates when the case was received at DOL.

Please note that the priority date for filing for I-485 however remains the date on which the LC application was filed with SWA.

Spoke to DOL Atlanta today

lalalala said:
so any idea where cases between aug2004 and dec 2004 will go. my case was sent to ATL DOL in aug 2004.

A guys at the Atlanta DOL told me they are not fully staffed yet due to the moving and the AVM will not be working for a while. He could not find me under the Atlanta DOL, he said chances are the SWA after everything was ready in Nov 2004 sent my case directly to the BEC in Philly. He gave me this phone number to leave a message 484-270-1500 for status.

FL SWA Jan 2002
Philly BEC or Atlanta Dec 2004 Who knows :mad:

Hi chprav,
Thanks for the update. Mine was fwded to ATL in July 03 also, so this is good to know!
- Dru

chprav said:
Hello,

Thanks,
-chprav

Had my HR called Atlanta this morning. And they said they forwarded all cases after Sept. 2003 to Philly. So it seems to be accurate that Sept. 2003 is the cut off month.

TampaBelle said:
These are the dates when the case was received at DOL.

Please note that the priority date for filing for I-485 however remains the date on which the LC application was filed with SWA.
Hey, you said your LC had the PW issue but your employer has agreed to pay the required salary. I wonder whether your employer already paid the required salary before submission of I-140 or they will do it someday. Do you know it?

Certified after PW NOF

My lawyers received the physical LC approval in the mail last week - on 1/12/05. The approval notice has a date of Jan-05-2005.

We had sent the NOF response on Dec-22-2004.

Too bad it all happened a week later than it should have. Had everything ready to go for 140/485 on Dec -29th.. but LC got approved on Jan 5th! Missed the boat by like 2 working days! What a pain. Oh well.

Gonna send in the I-140 papers this week. Mine is EB3 - if yall havent guessed that already.

Thanks for all the help and support here - and i wish you good luck with your cases - just a matter of time and patience :)

Can someone kindly update the list with my details as well? Thanks.

dru said:
Hello,

HotlantaGuy
gceeker05
rxr May XX 2003
H1Buser2002 May 06 2003
avala May 30 2003 GA
nishokie Jun 6 2003
jun03 Jun 6 2003
ga2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003