Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Hi HotlantaGuy,
Thanks for updating the forum, this is the first approval news this year! :) Good luck on your next steps. I have updated the list, in these uncertain times the most valuable thing in this forum is getting first hand experiences from others in the same boat.
Cheers
- Dru

HotlantaGuy said:
My lawyers received the physical LC approval in the mail last week - on 1/12/05. The approval notice has a date of Jan-05-2005.

We had sent the NOF response on Dec-22-2004.

Too bad it all happened a week later than it should have. Had everything ready to go for 140/485 on Dec -29th.. but LC got approved on Jan 5th! Missed the boat by like 2 working days! What a pain. Oh well.

Gonna send in the I-140 papers this week. Mine is EB3 - if yall havent guessed that already.

Thanks for all the help and support here - and i wish you good luck with your cases - just a matter of time and patience :)

Can someone kindly update the list with my details as well? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
compiler said:
Hey, you said your LC had the PW issue but your employer has agreed to pay the required salary. I wonder whether your employer already paid the required salary before submission of I-140 or they will do it someday. Do you know it?

Not me buddy.

Anyway Wage issue crops up at the time of LC approval. So it has to be resolved for the LC to be approved ergo before the I-140 is filed.

Let me know

Hi guys,
I heard that, Atlanta will do remaining cases within 40 days, that means all the cases which are in atlanta( i guess they have my case too), I really dont know how fast they will do it, Mine went to regional in Aug 7th, I hope they will work fast and do it.
My lawyer told me, its been more than 2 months that he have not received a single approval and no response so far itseems, when i told him to find out by calling he told me its not good to call our reputation will go and they might not respond from next time onwards.
He also mentioned backlog reduction center has different procedure itseems, i really dont know what he is meant by that.
I hope they will work fast and get our approval, we are just waaaaaaaaaaaiting. Even mine is EB3 i really dont know when will i get GGGGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC approval. It may take years or months i really dont know.

Any suggestions will help me

You heard Atlanta will do remaining cases in 40 days - This information is from your lawyer or from this forum ?

kasid said:
Hi guys,
I heard that, Atlanta will do remaining cases within 40 days, that means all the cases which are in atlanta( i guess they have my case too), I really dont know how fast they will do it, Mine went to regional in Aug 7th, I hope they will work fast and do it.
My lawyer told me, its been more than 2 months that he have not received a single approval and no response so far itseems, when i told him to find out by calling he told me its not good to call our reputation will go and they might not respond from next time onwards.
He also mentioned backlog reduction center has different procedure itseems, i really dont know what he is meant by that.
I hope they will work fast and get our approval, we are just waaaaaaaaaaaiting. Even mine is EB3 i really dont know when will i get GGGGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC approval. It may take years or months i really dont know.

Any suggestions will help me

this is the scenario I had, as there was a wage issue and my employer agreed to increase the salary on ETA 750 to 95% of the PW. This is the salary that needs to be given when GC is approved. Sometime in 485 they send a RFE and ask for the reason why salary is not getting paid. (the basic purpose of this query is to know if the employer has the intent to pay the offered salary or is it a fraud). The response for that at that time is pretty simple that once the 485 is approved we will start paying the salary.

compiler said:
Hey, you said your LC had the PW issue but your employer has agreed to pay the required salary. I wonder whether your employer already paid the required salary before submission of I-140 or they will do it someday. Do you know it?

Some good News!

Hey guys,
I got one more info from my friend, he called his lawyer itseems and he updated few things. There are currently around 1500 cases from may 2003 to Sep 23rd 2003 in atlanta itseems, and after sep 24th 2003 all the cases has been forwarded to BRC Philly.
He also told him itseems that they are going to clear all the cases within march 28th of this year.
Even i got same message from my lawyer.
I will update more info tomarrow?

I hope they will clear all the cases by march?

Hey Kasid, If this is true....then I don't know what to say.
But let me ask you something when u say that you have heard that "they are going to clear all the cases within march 28th of this year.", by "all the cases" do you mean the 1500 cases from may 2003 to Sep 23rd 2003 in atlanta or the cases after sep 24th 2003 that have been forwarded to BRC Philly??????

Just curious.....even though mine is quite behind (Sent to Atlanta Regional on Nov 8th 2004)

Thanks.

kasid said:
Hey guys,
I got one more info from my friend, he called his lawyer itseems and he updated few things. There are currently around 1500 cases from may 2003 to Sep 23rd 2003 in atlanta itseems, and after sep 24th 2003 all the cases has been forwarded to BRC Philly.
He also told him itseems that they are going to clear all the cases within march 28th of this year.

Question for all gurus...............

We all have talked enough about cases being forwarded to Philly BEC from Atlanta, but we haven't talked about how or at what pace the cases will be processed there.

I am thinking, since it is a "Backlog Elimination Center", it must be little bit faster than Atlanta DOL.

Any thoughts or comments in this reference will be appreciated.

Thanks.
-RC

Regarding this backlog reduction center thing, my feeling is not good at all. BRC is supposed to work on a FIFO basis and we all know that some states are still processing 2000/2001 cases. Where do you expect your case can stand given a state receiving date in 2003 or 2004? I would say if my case can be cleared by the end of this year, I would REALLY thank God. :(

Reapplying for LC to NPC's.

Is anyone aware of any regulations preventing LCA reapplication between Jan and March (before PERM gets underway)? My attorney has already submitted my LCA (in May 2002) to the SWA in Georgia but my file hasn't been open yet (currently processing Apr 2001).

Is it allowed for my company to withdraw my LCA and reapply between Jan and March directly to the National Processing Centers in Atlanta or Chicago?

saurabh_tulika said:
this is the scenario I had, as there was a wage issue and my employer agreed to increase the salary on ETA 750 to 95% of the PW. This is the salary that needs to be given when GC is approved. Sometime in 485 they send a RFE and ask for the reason why salary is not getting paid. (the basic purpose of this query is to know if the employer has the intent to pay the offered salary or is it a fraud). The response for that at that time is pretty simple that once the 485 is approved we will start paying the salary.
So your lawyer or HR told you (or you think) just respond the RFE that the PW will be paid once the I-1485 is approved but do not have to pay it before the approval? BTW, is your physical LC still in your lawyer’s office?

Hi wlj_wzz,
My case was sent to atlanta on Nov'8th 2004, when was urs sent??????
wlj_wzz said:
Regarding this backlog reduction center thing, my feeling is not good at all. BRC is supposed to work on a FIFO basis and we all know that some states are still processing 2000/2001 cases. Where do you expect your case can stand given a state receiving date in 2003 or 2004? I would say if my case can be cleared by the end of this year, I would REALLY thank God. :(

kasid said:
Hey guys,

Kasid, is your friend is also a part of this forum? Someone gave the same exact info in this forum earlier. I just wanted to see if this information is giving by just one person or more. If this information is giving by more than one person than the cut off dates might be valid.

Lcsept2003

LCSEPT2003 said:
Kasid, is your friend is also a part of this forum? Someone gave the same exact info in this forum earlier. I just wanted to see if this information is giving by just one person or more. If this information is giving by more than one person than the cut off dates might be valid.

Hi,
I dont think he has given the same info on this forum, it might be someone else.
According to Lawyer, they are going to clear 1500 cases of atanta within March. this is not related to BRC cases.
But iam sure as far as the lawyer notes, we have this info for now.
I hope cut-off dates will be march.
I am just praying god to clear everybodys cases within march.
I hope they will do it.
One more question guys,
If my company changes my job profile and promotes me to next position, does it effect my processing anyway or can i refile on EB2, currently iam on EB3(this was done according to my salary)
If they upgrate to different position and add more salary to my paycheck, can i change to EB2( i dont have Masters but i have 5+years of exp)
Can you guys help me in this regard.
Thank you,

My HR has no clue about the process for GC, they just signed the papers and if there is any request from the lawyer or DOL or Me and is justifiable (like the PW NOF I got), they accept it (Lucky for me that my HR has not refused for anything yet, including adding 15K to the offered salary).
Yes, it was confirmed with my lawyer that the PW has to be paid after the 485 is approved, Remember one thing that GC is for future employment and that is why it is said Offered Salary not Current Salary.

I hope I answer your question, my Physical LC is sent to TSC after we received the package back from TC because of no Physical LC in it, hoping that they might accept the package this time. That definetley reminds me to ask my lawyer for the copy of LC.

compiler said:
So your lawyer or HR told you (or you think) just respond the RFE that the PW will be paid once the I-1485 is approved but do not have to pay it before the approval? BTW, is your physical LC still in your lawyer’s office?

Ksid

My main concern is the date of cut off since my LC was sent on Sept 19, 03. I don't want my file to be sent to Philly BRC. I hope they stick with the dates of cut-off which your friend has giving.

Hi Guys,

Not trying to be negative, but it is hard to believe they will clear 1500 cases before March 28th! :) It is a very good goal, and will help us all if it does happen. But realistically, we have only heard of 2 ppl getting any reply on their LCA this month, both are from May 03.

One person from July 03 got a response from DOL saying 40 more days. It is already Jan 19, approx 2 months left and 4 months of cases. At their prior pace, I think we are realistically looking at 2-4 months for them to complete cases until Sept 23, 2003 (or whatever the cutoff date is)

The good news is that they are under pressure to get as much done before PERM, so let's hope we start hearing more responses/approvals from May/Jun 03 guys here! :)

Cheers
- Dru

kasid said:
Hey guys,

I just start to refile application of LC by PERM on EB2 (old one--EB3).
My case is as same as yours.

kasid said:
Hi,
I dont think he has given the same info on this forum, it might be someone else.
According to Lawyer, they are going to clear 1500 cases of atanta within March. this is not related to BRC cases.
But iam sure as far as the lawyer notes, we have this info for now.
I hope cut-off dates will be march.
I am just praying god to clear everybodys cases within march.
I hope they will do it.
One more question guys,
If my company changes my job profile and promotes me to next position, does it effect my processing anyway or can i refile on EB2, currently iam on EB3(this was done according to my salary)
If they upgrate to different position and add more salary to my paycheck, can i change to EB2( i dont have Masters but i have 5+years of exp)
Can you guys help me in this regard.
Thank you,