Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

No, I do not want to withdraw old case, keep it in old line.

wlj_wzz said:
Did you withdraw your old case? I'm thinking about refiling my case too. However, I don't want to withdraw the old one, in case PERM is turned down. Don't know we could file a fresh new application without withdraw the old one? Anyone has idea about this?

joegr9 and others

well i am also hoping that the BRC moves fast and maybe there are those folks there who no longer respond to continue processing
let us keep each other posted about those letters also
ciao

lalalala said:
well i am also hoping that the BRC moves fast and maybe there are those folks there who no longer respond to continue processing
let us keep each other posted about those letters also
ciao
Unfortunately, the FIFO applies to all the forwarded cases from all states. Your case may have an earlier receipt date in the Atlanta US DOL but may not in the BRC. You may need to monitor the cut off dates of the forwarded cases from the other states.

ruthcai321 said:
:confused: FLA0530, Are you sure the cut off date that the lady in ATL said is sep 23 not the sep 2003. Because the pronunciation of sep 23 and sep 2003 is almost same. Because my case received at ATL on sep 3, 2003. I really want to know where my case is now.
I believe the lady told me Sep 23, 2003, but I could be wrong. I am not a native English speaker. I think the best way to find out whether a specific case is transfered to Philly is to have your employer call them and give them your case number. I think it is especially so for September 2003 cases because this cut-off date thing is just a fuzzy benchmark. But I think most people in the forum would agree that with some margin of error, the following can be said:
Pre Sep 2003 cases: Stays in Atlanta.
Aftere Sep 2003 cases: Moved to Philly.
Sep 2003 cases: Can't say for sure.

helen999

I just read a post on "Philly BPC Thread" regarding this refiling under PERM without withdrawl of the old case and according to the post, it's disallowed. NPC would check BPC's database, see if such an employer and employee have a case pending in BPC. If it's, then the new application will be blocked. Bad news. :(

According to my HR people, Atlanta forwarded all cases from Sept. 2003(not Sept 23) to Dec. 2004 to Philly. But it might be that DOL didn't feel necessary to tell us the exact cut off date.

My lawyer did not think there is a problem.

wlj_wzz said:
I just read a post on "Philly BPC Thread" regarding this refiling under PERM without withdrawl of the old case and according to the post, it's disallowed. NPC would check BPC's database, see if such an employer and employee have a case pending in BPC. If it's, then the new application will be blocked. Bad news. :(

Then i guess he didnt read the manual properly :D (its about 100 pages in pdf), states all rules and regulations for PERM. One rule was you cannot apply 2nd labor with same company with same title. Hope this helps
helen999 said:
My lawyer did not think there is a problem.

Thansk!

Some_GreenCard said:
Then i guess he didnt read the manual properly :D (its about 100 pages in pdf), states all rules and regulations for PERM. One rule was you cannot apply 2nd labor with same company with same title. Hope this helps

Could you tell me which page states there cannot apply 2nd labor with same company with same title? I have a manual in my hand right now. Thanks!

Some_GreenCard said:

Go to Page 73 Read point (6)
(6) Advise that a new application in
the same occupation for the same alien
can not be filed while a request for
review is pending with the Board of
Alien Labor Certification Appeals.

However this situation applies to labor in appeal status, but look into this thread...http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=150223&page=5&pp=15 here forum people says "no 2nd labor for same alien and same title". I have seen this somewhere, when i get the correct i'll post the same.

helen999 said:
Could you tell me which page states there cannot apply 2nd labor with same company with same title? I have a manual in my hand right now. Thanks!

Some_GreenCard said:
My lawyer told that If you want to file new one through PERM. we have to cancel the previous labor and file within 120 days you get the old priority date to this new labor.Is it correct.

Yes you are right, but i thought i read in the manual it is within 210 days , i may be wrong.
USALABOR said:
My lawyer told that If you want to file new one through PERM. we have to cancel the previous labor and file within 120 days you get the old priority date to this new labor.Is it correct.

210 days is correct!
For detail, Look the Manual : Page 18, (2) Withdrawing and Refiling Cases.
However, There is no problem if I do not care a priority date.

Some_GreenCard said:
Yes you are right, but i thought i read in the manual it is within 210 days , i may be wrong.

Helen, just curious.
Why wouldn't anyone care abt the PD???????????
helen999 said:
210 days is correct!
For detail, Look the Manual : Page 18, (2) Withdrawing and Refiling Cases.
However, There is no problem if I do not care a priority date.