Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Good news on I-140 and I-485 processing times

Just checked the processing times for I-140 and I-485 for USCIS Texas Service center.

I-140 for EB3 has moved up from Jan 7, 2004 to April 17, 2004 and

I-485 has moved up from July 2002 to Dec 2002

in the last one month. :D

Papers needed to file I-140

Hi Guys,

Due to the Priority Dates imposed, affected people will now be able to only file I-140 when LCA is approved. My question is, what docs are needed to file I-140 only (There was a list posted earlier that included docs for I-140/485 concurrent filing).

Specifically, is the medical test required for 140 or 485. Reason I'm asking is because of the 1 yr validity of the medicals, I was not sure at which stage it is needed.

Thanks
- Dru

Phily BRC

Don't know if this could be useful info or not:
Talked with a friend at Phily area last night. All LC applications in his company received letters from BRC in the first week of Jan. Phily BRC's reveived 40,000+ cases and more than half of them are from Phily area. Three other areas already have their cases fowarded to Phily BRC and Atlanta is one of them. However, we don't know if those cases are from Atlanta regional office or state SWAs. Hope our cases stay at Atlanta.

The docuements needed for the 140 are

1. Your Experience letters
2. Company Tax documents to prove the ability to pay

Photographs, medicals, marriage certificates, birth certificates are all required for the 485 stage.

Hope it helps.

dru said:
Hi Guys,

Due to the Priority Dates imposed, affected people will now be able to only file I-140 when LCA is approved. My question is, what docs are needed to file I-140 only (There was a list posted earlier that included docs for I-140/485 concurrent filing).

Specifically, is the medical test required for 140 or 485. Reason I'm asking is because of the 1 yr validity of the medicals, I was not sure at which stage it is needed.

Thanks
- Dru

Guys,

We need to keep the status list file updated. It is the best resource regarding processing times available online. It is better than the DOL website, better than the attorneys' websites and better than the information we get when we call them. PLEASE do not forget to mention status changes to your applications so that we can update the list.

No one is willing to help us, might as well help each other.

From my side my case has been moved to Atl DOL on 6/2/03 filed under EB-3 and the lawyer told me they will let me know as soon as they hear any thing from DOL. The way i see eventough if i get Labor labor there is a very long journey ahead(God knows how long).

Guys would like a take a suggetion , would it be a good idea to file Labor again under EB-2 PERM or just go though the normal process of I-141 and then wait for priority date to file I-485. Mine will be on Nov-02 provided my labor approved, appriciate your advise on this.

thanks
avala.

NOF/RFE Issued !!!

Just came to know from my employer that I have got an 'INQUIRY' and am not sure whether it is RFE or NOF. She says that it is same as the one that we got before for someone .. that makes me think that it could be an NOF.
Will update the forum as and when i hear from them..

I will update the status list when i get updated about my status... :confused:

:confused: :rolleyes: :)

gceeker05 said:
Just came to know from my employer that I have got an 'INQUIRY' and am not sure whether it is RFE or NOF. She says that it is same as the one that we got before for someone .. that makes me think that it could be an NOF.
Will update the forum as and when i hear from them..

I will update the status list when i get updated about my status... :confused:

:confused: :rolleyes: :)

Congrats gceeker05, at least they tuched your case. This is the only status changed in the past few weeks.

Latest status list

Hello,

I totally agree with jifjef, the status list is now one of the most informative tools we have. gceeker - thanks for updating the forum.

I have updated and attached the latest status list. Since the list of approvals we were tracking had grown a lot, I have put the latest subset in the "Recent Approvals" section on the top since this is most relevant.

At the end of the file, all the approvals we have tracked so far are listed. This should help easier navigation with more recent data on top.

Hope to hear some more updates. gceeker's news tells us that they are atleast back to processing the May 03 cases.

- Dru

Urgent Help

Hi guys,
I heard that After sep2003 rec date files has sent to BRC, My case date is Aug 7th, Are they going to work on this case or no people to work in atlanta,
I am thinking if they have some people they might work on this casess soon or they might wait for another year or so...............
IF they work how manymore days it might take, I really dont know to go with PERM or just stay with this.
Guys give me some suggestions.
Thank you,
kasid

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the number to call?

Please post the number to call since my case was transferred to Atlanta after Sept. 2003 also and I would like to get some information about where my case is right now.
thanks,
frog

When u talk abt the rec date....u mean the date when the case was recieved at the Regional (Atlanta) level or the State leve????????????
kasid said:
Hi guys,
I heard that After sep2003 rec date files has sent to BRC, My case date is Aug 7th, Are they going to work on this case or no people to work in atlanta,
I am thinking if they have some people they might work on this casess soon or they might wait for another year or so...............
IF they work how manymore days it might take, I really dont know to go with PERM or just stay with this.
Guys give me some suggestions.
Thank you,
kasid

I'm pretty sure its the Regional received date

joegr9 said:
When u talk abt the rec date....u mean the date when the case was recieved at the Regional (Atlanta) level or the State leve????????????

Yes

Yes my dear friends, its regional, i have my profile on status list.
Let me know when are they going to do it??

Urgent

Is anybody in a position to visit the DOL / NPC or maybe their spouse / lawyer, please ??

This is a limited timeframe opportunity and may get some answers straight from the horses mouth.

TampaBelle said:
Department of Labour is conducting some public sessions on educating the public (i.e. poor us guys who have little idea of what is happening) at Chicago and Atlanta on the PERM regulation and the new procedures and facilities set up in the name of NPC. Two other sessions are in Costa Mesa, CA and Washington DC.

Seems like good idea to attend a session and get more info on all the issues.

Is anybody located in Atlanta / Chicago in a position to go there and do it for the greater good ???? Maybe forcing some lawyer to attend the session and report back to the forum would be the best idea.

Atlanta sessions are on Jan 11 / 12 and it is a half day affair. More info and registration procedure is available in this web link.

http://www.immigration.com/frame/dolpermbreiffr.html

DOL also proposes to have similar sessions for the BRCs. Keep an eye out for such announcements.

Just called Philly BPC

My boss just called Philly BPC and some lady answered us. She told us that as of 8AM this morning, they are starting to enter the cases from Atlanta center into their system and the whole input process take around 4 weeks and we can check for case status 1 months later (case # and stuff). The only thing is we did not ask about what are the cases that were transferred from Atlanta to Philly, my case was forwarded to Atlanta in October of 2004 and we did not know whether it has been transferred or not. When someone call Atlanta again, probably this issues could be addressed: (404) 893-0101

Transfer to Philly

My case was forwarded to Atlanta in sep 2003. I think sep & oct 03 guys will be in luck since they will be the first ones in the queue in the philly BEC. Coz we would be still waiting until Atlanta DOL clears out May thru Aug cases. At least this is what I'm hoping. What do you all think? Am I being too optimistic here?