Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

better a known Devil than an Unknown one

:) Just trying to analyze the benefits of jumping in to the PERM bandwagon ... I went through the PERM update on this site. I still have a doubt .... I have a RIR process going on in Atlanta DOL, if I opt for PERM would that mean we will have to spend again for advertisments and the such after getting the Prevailing wage determination ? Or is that skipped for guys like us who are already part of the old process ?

If advertisements need not be done again ... PERM sounds quite attractive. Otherwise, I would say .. better a known Devil than an Unknown one .. what say :) !!!

Labor Certificate Received

I have finally received the Labor Certificate from the USDOL. Although we have filed the papers for 140 with out the labor certificate attached. I do not know what my lawyer would do with it now, will he send the add-on to the package or would he wait for the RFE to be issued.

But anyways I am glad atleast I received the letter now. This forum was very useful in terms of information and guidance. Thanks everyone I will see you all soon in the 140/485 forums.

Congrats Saurabh!!! Good luck with your I140/485
You should change your signature now :D
saurabh_tulika said:
I have finally received the Labor Certificate from the USDOL. Although we have filed the papers for 140 with out the labor certificate attached. I do not know what my lawyer would do with it now, will he send the add-on to the package or would he wait for the RFE to be issued.

But anyways I am glad atleast I received the letter now. This forum was very useful in terms of information and guidance. Thanks everyone I will see you all soon in the 140/485 forums.

What a jerk Atlanta DOL is!

Recently I keep hearing good news from my friends. One filed his LC in mid 2003 got his GC approved. Yes, his Green Card! Another two who filed their LC in 2004 got their LC certificates after 6 months waiting. Now their GC applications have been pending for months. And what happen to my case? I'm in the middle, 5 months later than the first guy and 2/6 months ahead of other two. And I'm firmly stucked in the middle, too. :mad: If all the unopen cases are sending to BRC, my best hope would be get my GC when my friends become citizens, if I can keep my job. What a fair game!

I agree!

My case is same as yours, I want to refile a PERM apply and keep old apply file (RIR) in BPC.

menonsatishb said:
:) Just trying to analyze the benefits of jumping in to the PERM bandwagon ... I went through the PERM update on this site. I still have a doubt .... I have a RIR process going on in Atlanta DOL, if I opt for PERM would that mean we will have to spend again for advertisments and the such after getting the Prevailing wage determination ? Or is that skipped for guys like us who are already part of the old process ?

If advertisements need not be done again ... PERM sounds quite attractive. Otherwise, I would say .. better a known Devil than an Unknown one .. what say :) !!!

gvr123 said:
guys , two questions

i fall under eb3 category ..

1. Assume my labor pproved and filed for 140,can i get 7th year extension?

2.labor approve,140 approved..not filed for 485 waiting for priority date ..can i get 7th or 8th year extension or it's not possibel at all...

1 - Yes
2 - Yes

I called my attorney yesterday regarding the case transfer letter and PERM. Here is what she said:
We should receive letter from Pilly or Dallas by this month if the case is transfered to there. Upon receiving this letter, we can choose to withdraw, to continue with RIR, or to switch to PERM. If we don't receive the letter, then the case might still stay at Atlanta.
Don't know how much of the above statements are true. Anyway, I think the chance that our case stay at Atlanta is quite low. :(

I asked my HR dept, they said either attorney office or HR office did not receive any letter from BEC. I called ATL regional office, the lady said it is still in atlanta and not assigned to analyst. HTH's
oanacn said:
Any of you guys received BEC letter? Any idea where our cases are?

saurabh_tulika said:

You may want to post the following three dates. It may help others. The NOF and your response dates and the date of approval.

Shooting in the dark

Hello All,
Now with AVM down, anyone know any way to keep track of one's pending LCA case (besides trying to call and talk to a person). I know flcdatacenter gets updated less frequently.

I guess we will just have to rely on the once in a month update on the DOL website for processing month or wait for word of mouth from the lawyer!
- Dru

Any news from the following people?

rxr May XX 2003
H1Buser2002 May 06 2003
gceeker05 May 16 2003 GA
avala May 30 2003 GA

nishokie Jun 6 2003
jun03 Jun 6 2003
GC_Ven-Friend Jun 13 2003
labor_jun2003 Jun 23 2003
ga2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003
GC_Ven Jun 30 2003

Please let me know so that I can update the status list.

No news from my side. Although, i did try to reach out to my attorney and the HR dept from my company but there seems to be no concrete news from either side.
Some_GreenCard,
Did you speak to someone at ATL DOL as an HR person from your company or as you, yourself..
jifjef said:
Any news from the following people?
rxr May XX 2003
H1Buser2002 May 06 2003
gceeker05 May 16 2003 GA
avala May 30 2003 GA
nishokie Jun 6 2003
jun03 Jun 6 2003
GC_Ven-Friend Jun 13 2003
labor_jun2003 Jun 23 2003
ga2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003
GC_Ven Jun 30 2003
Please let me know so that I can update the status list.

News

My manager call Atl DOL's officer today:
All cases that are from Sep 2003 to July 2004 had forwarded to BPC (Philadelphia). contact phone unmber: 484-270-1500.

Hi,
what number did your manager use to call atl dol?
so the rest of the cases will be processed in atl dol and possibly even earlier than those sent to bec?

thanks. appreciate it.

helen999 said:
All cases that are from Sep 2003 to July 2004 had forwarded to BPC (Philadelphia). contact phone unmber: 484-270-1500.

Hello Helen
Can you please provide what number is for Atlanta DOL live Person. The number my lawyer contact asked them to leave a voicemail.

Thanks

If this happened, then what's up with case after July 2004...mine went to atlanta in Nov'2004 :confused:

helen999 said:

Atl DOL live person number: 404-893-0101.

LCSEPT2003 said:
Hello Helen
Can you please provide what number is for Atlanta DOL live Person. The number my lawyer contact asked them to leave a voicemail.

Thanks